It Ain't The End of The World
Dudes!
Is it just me or did 2011 simply fly by? It's been a good year, personally- made a bunch of new friends, reconnected with old ones, got hired, went on a roadtrip with people I barely knew, lived alone for the first time... Doesn't sound much, but it's been eventful.
2011 was the year I went to Jakarta for the first time, and with a friend. The weekend trip was obviously waaayyy too short but oh well. More to come, right?
2011 was the year I had the loveliest internship on a remote island in Indonesia. To put it simply, my life was significantly more amazing for 3 months. The whole experience was probably the highlight of my year.
2011 was the year I realized people truly can fall in love at first sight. Unfortunately for the Arab dude on the beach, though, the feeling was not mutual. I also realized that it's time to stop denouncing the good guys and quit thinking I'm not good enough.
2011 was also the year my longtime GFF and ex-roomie decided to move to Australia to be with her family. We haven't seen much of each other this year and that's kinda sad. I wanted to write a post about her move but I just couldn't find the relevant words save for four lines of thought.
I'm gonna miss all them fun times.
BUT! I guess when you lose some, you win some, too, coz Andhari moved to Singapore in November. Life is funny that way, huh? Like Hey, sorry for making your friend move, but here's a new one to make up for it. Haha.
I also realized I had a weird social life this year. When I wasn't being a reclusive couch potato, I hung out a lot with people who weren't actually my friends. There were a lot of, shall I say, one-night-standish friendships. And while they were obviously not emotionally fulfilling or whatever, I've had a great time with all of them.
All in all, 2011 passed like a good quickie- really fast yet pretty satisfying.
I'm looking forward to 2012. Are you?
The Nashty
- Nashe^
- Twenty7 and not much hotter. Looking for my happily ever after.
Be a Baller and Join My Twitterazzi
Or Click Here to Ask Me Dirty Questions
Mantra of The Moment
Stalking Me Yet?
Followers
Stuff I REALLY Want
- Love in the first degree
- A Trip to North Africa
- A brain scan/ fMRI
- All books by Belinda Jones
- All books by Rachel Gibson

10 comments:
Aw no recap pics like last time? :)
I'm looking forward to 2012 too so cheers to that!
The cartoon made me lol btw.
Flaz, I just didn't feel like recapping the pictures, haha.
Cheers!
You hussy, one-night stand-ish friends! ;) God I've missed out on so much of your life, including Indonesia. Let's hope I'll pull it together for 2012. Woot!
I was waitin for this post hehe!
2011 flew past my head too, babe. I like what u said, it's like a good quickie- really fast yet pretty satisfying. Sums up my year too.
Happy 2012!
You had an interesting year. Looking back, I think all I did was work. Here's to a better 2012!
Happy New Year!!!
i feakin' love this.
love, rach.
www.so--hi.blogspot.com
LOL That comic made me giggle (as did your 'passed like a good quickie' lie haha). Sounds like 2011 took you for quite a whirlwind with lots of random nights, which I think are what make life memorable. Here's hoping you get to spend time in 2012 with plenty of friends AND strangers, and I hope many awesome things are heading your way :D
Thank you! :D
like a good quickie huh!!! "really fast yet pretty satisfying."
That right there is why I pester you to blog more. Ahaha! xD
Have a great new year ahead, mamasita ;) Love ya.
nashe, happy new year! I look forward to my 2012, too.
Post a Comment