Letter to My Child

I got this from Floreta!

If you could write a letter to your future child, what would it say?

Well, I never really thought about it, to be honest, but hey lets just give it a shot. *clears throat*


Dear you,

I have no clue how I will go about raising another human being when my own life is in shambles, but I do know I'll give you all I've got.

From the moment you open your beautiful eyes, know that you would have changed my life for ever and I will never once regret having you.

I will try my very best to not compare you to other kids. I know what that's like, and I do not intend to subject you to such an experience. You may experience emotional hurt one day, but I promise you, it will not be from your mother. I will protect you, though I wish for you to learn some lessons on your own.

I will do all I can to provide you with the best and most fulfilling childhood a boy can have, even if it means canceling the orders I have on hold at both Burberry and Balenciaga, just to give you what you want. Yes, you mean more to me than all the designer stuff in the world.

There might come a time where you feel that I judge you too harshly, but it is only because I want you to push yourself to be more than you can be. No one should, or can, be a tougher critic of you than yourself.

If I ever yell at you, do know that I meant well and I never would have done it unless I really had to. Sometimes, adults lose their patience easily. Just know that I still love you no matter what.

I wish for you to travel the world and be open to different cultures, different languages, different ways of life. For the most part, jamais dire jamais. Trust your instincts, they will play a big role in your life. Do what feels right, even if the world is against you. Stand up for yourself, even if you are standing alone.


Life is meant to be lived, my son, not just survived. Life works out for those who try, and good things come to those who smile. Have faith in life itself, for not everyone has the chance to live. It's okay to not be the best at everything. Karl Lagerfeld may not be hailed as the best couturier in the world, but he is still respected by many, for the simple fact that he puts in real effort and passion into what he does. As long as you know you tried your darndest, child, I believe you will do me proud.

I will love you even if you're not as hot as Sean Faris. I will love you even if you can't dance like Channing Tatum. I think I'll break your legs if you don't like dancing though

Be strong, my love. I may not be with you every step of the way, but have faith. Have faith that, like the legacy of Louis Vuitton, my love will carry on with you through all time.


From the one who loves you most,
your momma.

--------------------------------

Yes, my kid will be a boy. What do you mean it's not my choice?

21 comments:

The Demigoddess said...

So does the child get to read this before she grows up or will this letter be presented only after she has fucked up her life?

M'Liene M'Lina said...

wow. now im wishing you are my mom. but then again, i think maybe this is what most moms would actually feel. Most moms with sense, specifically. I can't wait for your second son. God bless!

floreta said...

beautiful!! i like how real your post is.. i think mine is too perfect :P cause on second thought, i probably WILL yell every now and then and you recognize that!

amor said...

awww..that's cute! I hope you print this out and let him read (this) when he's old enough to understand. Blogger might no longer exist at the time (God forbid!!)

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Hey mommy nashe! Awww... This is soooooooooooo heartwarming. Very beautiful. I'm in awe. I loved this post so much that I read it twice. =) So...are you really willing to give up Burberry for this wonderful baby? Hehehehe...You'll make a great mommy someday.

Nashe^ said...

@ Demigoddess: It's a HE! A HE!!! XD Well... it should be somewhere before anything bad happens. LOL

@ Ameliene: DIAM KO, second son! Abang datang dulu okeh. :D

@ Floreta: Ah well. The Asian part of me will never forget the part about yelling.

@ Amor: LOL! I do hope I see him in this lifetime.

@ Mel: Well read it again! Haha. Yes, I am so willing. I could live with less :)

izan said...

WOWZA woman! Your child will be so cool, I bet. You won't have to give up any Burberry, I promise. LOL!!

karmaputra said...

nicely done, miss hermosa. :))

"like the legacy of Louis Vuitton, my love will carry on with you through all time." only YOU, nashe, will come up with that.

don't worry, your boy will be hot, and he WILL dance. his momma's dancing genes are strong...

Nashe^ said...

@ Izan: Promise me!!!! Hahahah wtf.

@ Putra: His momma needs to dance more at the moment, too.

Unknown said...

wow what a great idea!

Andhari said...

I just cried when I read Floreta's and now my eyes are watery again. You're so wise and maternal :)

masrois said...

my favourite part there:

"jamais dire jamais"

Nashe^ said...

@ Kym: Yeah isn't it :)

@ Andhari: OMG Maternal. So weird for me, I think.

@ Mas: Oh vraiment? I never knew, Mas. =.=

Pinked said...

WOW! I am thoroughly touched.

Life is meant to be lived - not survived. I AM MOVED Nashe!!!

Wow. This was adorable, I'm feeling all motherly and shit now, it's all wrong :S lol.

Nashe^ said...

@ PLP: It's so wrong, it's right! XD

Glad you liked it.

rachaelgking said...

I absolutely LOVE these, even though they make me tear up... I might have to do one myself...

Nashe^ said...

@ LiLu: They make me tear up, too! XD

the girl in stiletto said...

dayum. i thought i commented on this one already... @,@ anyhoo, ahaha you're like me: i want boys too :P i cannot afford to have mini-mes running around the house acting like a smartass. channing tatum huh? he's especially hot in his new movie, fighting. LOL. btw, nice letter babe.

Nashe^ said...

My sentiments exactly!! I so do not want another me on this planet. XD

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Hey sweetie, I just realized something. We've been commenting on each other's blogs for ages now yet, we aren't even following each other's blogs! lols...anyway..adding you to my list of blogs to follow. mwah. =)

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Oh hehehehe... Ok... Hey, what are you still doing up at this time? I'll be going to bed soon. Catch you later sweetie. Gudnyt! mwah. =)

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Amélie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive