Of dreams and reality

For some divine reason, I felt so exhausted this afternoon that I fell asleep unintentionally.

And I just woke up, from a pretty weird dream. It is so, so fresh in my head. You should only be reading this if you're remotely interested in hearing about it, okay. And do remember it's a dream, so excuse me if things don't add up.

It went like this.
I was having a conversation with a friend of mine outside on a cold, starry night. His name was Han. (FYI, I don't have a friend named Han in reality)
It somehow looked as if we were in Guantanamo. We were talking when a superhuge aeroplane flew overhead. (FYI, it looked like a Cathay Pacific Boeing 747, but in a rich cobalt blue, blending in with the night sky.)

Me : That's my plane. (??)
Han : Why is it so slow?
Me : What makes you think it's slow?
Han : Look at it, it's hardly moving in the sky.
Me : It's moving. You just can't see it. It'll be gone in a moment.
Han : You sure?
Me : Yeah. It would probably move faster if it was smaller; but since it's so big it moves slower. You can't be so big and move fast at the same time. God is fair that way. (??)

Suddenly I was at Han's apartment, which was apparently somewhere in the US. I opened up a packet of fried rice or something, and proceeded to eat with the nearest spoon I could find, which was a tiny, delicate silver spoon. This old man came and spoke to me in Dutch. For some reason, I understood him. He suggested that I find a bigger spoon.

Me : The kitchen is too far away.
Old man : But you could use a bigger spoon.
Me : The spoons in the kitchen are all plastic. I have a silver one right here.
Old man : You're torturing yourself with that tiny spoon.
Me : I know. But it's silver. Why would I travel so far, to only get plastic?
Old man : Then what are you doing here?

At this point, I got so annoyed by this old man that I stood and left the room. I began rummaging through a shoebox, of all things. Han told me that the box contained some prized possessions of his late father. A piece of paper caught my eye and I took it out. I started skimming through it.

Han : That was my father's favourite poem. My mom wrote it for him before they got married.
Me : It's not a haiku. (??)
Han : I know.
Me : It doesn't rhyme.
Han : I know.
Me : It doesn't make sense.
Han : I know. But it was beautiful to him, and that's all that matters.


I read it over and over again, trying to find the beauty/meaning of it, until I woke up.

Have you ever went so far,
that you wished you were home?
Have you ever been gone for so long
that you wished you never left?


I woke up reciting the free-rhyme poem aloud. It's stuck in my mind.

Dear God, please don't mess with my head.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mind is not at rest, my dear. Maybe it's time to take a step back.

PS; the "poem" was actually very nice.

Anonymous said...

I agree with izan. The poem got me thinking for a while. Maybe the whole dream, it's a manifestation of many thoughts you're having right now.

Are you thinking of traveling?

Anonymous said...

Spooky...Maybe youre a poet but u dont know it. hahahah.

Nashe^ said...

@ izan : I guess I could take a step back. But I'm not really immersed in anything to begin with.


@ Justyn : Woman, I'm ALWAYS thinking of traveling. Hoho. And I'm glad the 'poem' stimulated your mind. :)



@ flash : I'd doubt that. LOL.

Anonymous said...

AWWW MY GOD the last bit is so sad! hahaha. I mean the whole "I know. But it was beautiful to him, and that's all that matters" part. oh wow.

no you're not a poet. you're a philosopher!

Anonymous said...

yea the whole thing is packed with philosophy if you look at it carefully. really nicely done, though. what a dream.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

That's some deeeep stuff, darlin'. Apparently your subconscious is doing some deep thinking even if your conscious may seem to be dwelling on shallow every day things...

Mush stuff ;o)

D.

Nashe^ said...

@ Fairuz : Ahahhahaa.... I like a bit of philosophy, just not in buckets. =)



@ Anon : WHAT a dream, it was indeed.

Nashe^ said...

@ Diane : Y'know, I'm beginning to think so too. :)

Gadfly said...

Meh ... at least you wake up rested after those weird introspective dreams.

Not like the epic all night dreams where the snakes from hell invade the earth and their victims immediately writhe screaming and swell up and explode with rot. And you have to fight your way through demonic things all the way to what's left of Phoenix ...

And then the alarm goes off and you're exhausted...

:o)

Nashe^ said...

@ Gad : Haha. True! I have my share of exhausting dreams too, though. And sometimes I wake up wondering whether it was a dream or did it really happen. =/

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Amélie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive