No more Miss Saigon!
I'm back! Back! B to the A to the CK! Whooo... First I wanna say, even if I can't make it to
The immigration officers are unfriendly. They don't smile at you while stamping your passports. Not that I needed them to smile or anything, but it seemed as though they went all out to have that "you-shouldn't-be-here" look. Sigh. Maybe it’s just a commie thing or something, eyh?
Food was definitely an issue for me. Vietnamese eat nothing but trees! Haha… Every meal had at least 2 uber huge bowls of greens. And mostly, you had to put them leaves (and other stuff) on rice paper, roll it up, make it look like a huge pig-in-a-blanket and eat it with fish sauce or something. But I was neither a rabbit nor a goat so I didn’t touch that green stuff. Where’s the meat, man?! I’m an 80% carnivorous lil dodo! Couldn’t have beef/chicken/mutton/whatever coz they ain’t halal over there. So I had seafood all the way. Crab, fish, squid, shrimp… wtf! I don’t like seafood, damnit! I think I’ll go screaming down the street if I see another prawn. Sheesh. All that healthy food made me cranky for hours. The hotel food was delish, though. The croissant was worth the trip alone, I think. Huhu.
Anyways,
There were like, an equal number of male and female motorcyclists. Pregnant women with stilettos, men with two kids, old people carrying wooden planks.. you name it, they’re all piled onto the bike. The roads were 70% scooters! You don’t need a helmet either, and I saw hats and caps flying off from random heads. Another thing that struck me was the fact that half the male riders were actually pillions to the females. Haha… don’t see a lotta that in
And the maha grand statues of "Uncle Ho", (as they called Ho Chi Minh) were at like, every junction. If it ain't a statue, it's a poster. And a lot of the lampposts had banners, depicting people carrying the Vietnam flag, breaking away from chains on their wrists. Way cheesy, but it's Vietnam after all. Huhuheux.
Oh, the guys there aren’t for me either. They’re small, short, scrawny, and sepet. Haha. There were only like, 4 guys who caught my eye. Wth. The first good-looking dude I saw was the hotel concierge; but he took out his wallet and unfortunately I saw a photo of a lil kid inside. Shucks. He’s prolly married. Huhuhu… The 2nd one was a (traffic?)policeman. The 3rd was some boy sitting at the roadside foodstall. But I think that was mainly coz he was staring at yours truly with this weird fascinated look. The last dude was also a policeman, and gosh was he ever hot. Hahaa… maybe it’s just me drawn to men in uniform, eh? Tak tau lah.
I went to the Viet Cong's Cu Chi tunnels on the 3rd day. Oh man!! You guys just Google it or something. I got no tunnel pictures. I can't believe I actually crawled through the underground shizzang. It was this small, can?! So frickin dark like nobody's business...
30 metres long, it's no funny task walking like a duck in that space. My legs ached like fuck. The Viet Cong soldiers made those tunnels tiny on purpose -duh- so that the Americans can't fit into them.They made some bigger ones too, but they get narrower in the middle, "so the American soldiers will get stuck midway". 0.oHaha. Here's a picture of the one-man hideout. It's about 4ft deep. I'm sure some of you would have seen it on Discovery.
Wowee! I didn't wanna go in coz it was maha dusty and all, and I didn't need my black tee getting all brownish. Oh, there was a HUGE depression in the ground where the B-52 dropped. Huhu. Some Americans were taking a picture of themselves inside the pit, and a Chinese man was muttering "You all made that hole..." o.O
Any
hoodles, I got a couple of postcard thingies with Uncle Ho's candid photos on them. Man, I think he was one sexy guy. For a Vietnamese, that is. No wonder the Viet Cong had a whole bunch of female soldiers. Don't gimme the patriotic bullshit. I bet they just wanted to get closer to this old man. I mean, look at him! Can you imagine him younger... minus the beard... more hair... haha. Or maybe I've gone a bit deranged after going there. But really, he looks 0k for an old dude, doesn't he? Heh.Sigh. God, I'm so sleepy. Can't believe I typed all this wooglies out so soon after touchdown. Haha. More details next time. Aiite I'm so gonna crash and snore now.
It's good to be back. 'zzZ...
Ps for those-who-don't-bother-tagging-coz-you-reach-
me-thru-other-mediums; take a look at my tagboard at the sidebar. TOLD you the dinghead's got fans! Looks like I got mine too. XD
The Nashty
- Nashe^
- Twenty7 and not much hotter. Looking for my happily ever after.
Be a Baller and Join My Twitterazzi
Or Click Here to Ask Me Dirty Questions
Mantra of The Moment
Stalking Me Yet?
Followers
Stuff I REALLY Want
- Love in the first degree
- A Trip to North Africa
- A brain scan/ fMRI
- All books by Belinda Jones
- All books by Rachel Gibson

13 comments:
I'm like one of the happiest person now that you are back. hurhur. =)
miss saigon! Hahaha...that was chic. vietnam sounds very interesting. maybe because i am vegetarian.
Ho chi minh is sexy? SEXY????
woman kau dah aper hal!!
@ TA : i'm happy too, yo!
@ anon: vegetarian? *shudders* =)
@ fairuz : aku sudah jatuh cinta. hehe.
yea vietnam didnt make much of an impression on me when i visited ho chi minh back in 2004.
maybe hanoi wouldve been a better experience.
welcome back gorgeous !
Thanks, deb.
I wasn't interested in Vietnam to begin with. lawl. but yeah Hanoi. it's colder there too =)
HCM City was a tad too warm. hahaha.
Oh woah. Sounds like an alright experience there! The carnivorous dodo, ya kan? I saw the hideout on Discovery channel,yes. tapi gi mana lo dapet Hochiminh sexy bangedd!? ahahha...
Anyway nash, the moronic tags should indeed be ignored. I like ya disclaimer.
Ps; I know the exact date of Gusdur's arrival! But I can't tell you.. Gonna let you wonder/pullyourhair for a while... Gusdur himself doesn't know yet. HAHA. *smugg*
-S Bambang Y
My friend took me to Saigon and the Cu chi tunnels. I love the city. My head still hurts from banging it though in the tunnels. I am 6 foot. I don't know how anyone could have lived and fought through those things.
Nashe dahling... that sounds like a fun trip. Haha. I've never been there before, but my trips to Vietnamese restaurants are always full of veges which I totally turn my nose up on. I'm a total carnivore. =D
Welcome back. Singapore missed you dreadfully.
Nice post about Dinghead. I totally enjoyed that. Haha.
@ Bambang : WWHHAATTT!!!??? So mean! Mean! Meanie!!!Screw you lah, Susilo!! *Putri alert* haha. Oh god... you're so bad.
Erm, tell Gusdur he's still sexier than Ho Chi Minh. Hehe.
@ Ritardo : STILL hurts? Gosh man, when did you go? Oh yeah I bumped my head too but it didn't hurt too bad. I'm 1ft shorter than you.
I came out laughing, not believing I just crawled thru that tunnel!
Haha...
@ Vengey : Merci. About 100 more people came by that post while Googling that episode. wtf.
Carnivores unite!! Huhu... XD
Ha!
My li'l carnivorous Nashenator LOL
So did you find the Vietnamese language to be annoying?
Seems like every word is a consonant followed by an overly-enthusiastic vowel sound. "doe mAAAAHHHH! MAAAAHHHH!!"
But maybe it's just me *shrugbug*
Glad you made it back safely :o)
Gadfly, it was indeed getting on my nerves a lil, but I actually made myself memorise two imperative phrases which were "How much is this?" and "Thank you".. wahaha.
Post a Comment