Hoodwinked

Duped. Scammed. Misled. Tricked. Bamboozled.

Whatever you call it, that was what I was on my birthday. As mentioned on my birthday post, I was not expecting anything from anyone. Everyone I know has big projects and shit this time of the year. I just had plans to hang out with some friends, have dinner, get home and chill, whatever.

I was still at a lecture at around 4.30PM, (afterwhich I had a project meeting to attend) when my friend Masrois said "Accompany me to meet my friend at the cafe before your meeting, okay? I need to pass her something."

"What does she want?"

"*gibberish*"

"Huh?"

"I don't know! She just wants something..."


Of course that didn't make sense whatsoever, but I just didn't probe any further since I wanted to listen to the lecture (which touched on Kamtok, a language used in Cameroon, Africa) (okay I sound nerdy but hey).


Walking along the corridor on the way to meet this phantom friend, Masrois suddenly pointed to the right and exclaimed "Regarde les arbres!" which means "Look at the trees!" in French. And of course, I looked, while thinking of a reply to the most random comment on Earth. After a few steps, she said "Okay, my friend is here." And lo, her 'friend' turned out to be two of my friends from junior college, and they had a huge pink box on the bench:


How bout that!?

I felt so cheated! I was so surprised, I couldn't speak for a minute. Turns out, the random tree comment was to distract me from the benches on the left. Long story short, I had a Famous Amos cookie cake birthday celebration with Masrois, Mel and Hamz in the middle of nowhere. Neat.

I got a handmade card, too, courtesy of Masrois:


It's crayon, but it just had to be Burberry. :))
And inside it?


Aww I love it! (Click on it to biggify, and look at the artwork. It's gorgeous, really.) They then brought me to have a buffet dinner at Sakura, which of course, was absolutely brilliant. Masrois left early, though.





Mel, Hamizahh and me. I realize that my hair is kinda weird- it's neither straight, wavy nor curly. It's as fickle as I am.

Needless to say, I had a pretty awesome time despite my hair being confused. I mean, I had good food and great company on a cool windy evening. What more could I ask for, right?

I'm twenteen, dudes!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry, couldnt help but laugh all the way. We were awesome, weren't we? HAHAHAHA.

i still think the funniest part has got to be that you actually really look at the trees and all! HAHAHA.

and when you refused to open the box. LAWL.

Nashe^ said...

Yes you wuz awesome.

The trees sucked. Shows how trusting I am with you guys, okay. I shall not be taken in so easily next time!

Anonymous said...

next time eh? ok, we'll see. HAHAHA.

Ambles said...

Yay! I'm glad you had a good birthday!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Woohooo happy twenteen. hehehehehe. I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday. You have such sweet friends. =) By the way, I love your hair. It's really cute. It's like sexy beach hair. I tried to curl my hair and uncurl it, so that I could have that effect, but well...I ended up frying my hair. Lols. =)

Nashe^ said...

@ Mel: We shalt.

@ Ambles: Wheee! Thanks!

@ ChinkyGirl: Woah! My hair is so happy to hear that. Haha! But my hair can be pretty thick some days and it's so hard to style. Hmm.

Anonymous said...

Ah. I forgot how cute you are. Seems like a brill twenteenth bday hmmm? I haven't had a buffet meal in the longest time... I'm hungry now.

And that's Causeway Point, right? Theres sakura there?

Anonymous said...

Nashe memang sentiasa lawa. :D
Ewah ewah... Dapat surprise nampak? Everything looks very shiok. I have never been to Sakura seh!! Did you have sushi?

(The card is super cute please!)

Anonymous said...

one more thing, didn't you say you had your hair cut?

Anonymous said...

no comments on the box! hahahaha.
oh finally, you have joined me in the land of the twenteens. welcome, my dear. i'm not that lonely anymore though i did enjoy being *ahem* older than you for 2 months. flol

Nashe^ said...

@ Izan: Yeap that's Causeway Point! But no, the Sakura is someplace else.

@ Fai: I know! I'm loving the card. Yes, I ate a load of sushi. And ice-cream. And cakes. And spicy chicken pizza. And... XD

I did cut my hair, it grew so fast! It was slightly straighter that day, too.


@ putra: I prefer the times when you're older than me, too. weeheehee.

Anonymous said...

Great girls night out eh. Oh woah. You are one pretty lady. How come you don't post pics more often!? LOLS. And you speak french, thats kinda wow-sexy.

Andhari said...

You know it's actually the first time ever to see your full pic? woot woot woot, happy birthday again, love! Such an awesome story!

Nashe^ said...

@ Flash: Thank you, Flaz. And uh, I don't post pics often coz I'm no hot chick. Haha.

@ Lolita: Oh yeah I think it is the first! Hehe. Thanksss!

Anonymous said...

my stomach hurt from trying to stifle a huge guffaw when i pointed out the trees, mind u. mais...it worked!! BARHAHAHAHAH xD

Anonymous said...

and whoa zomgz, KAMTOK??!! U even remember what its called?! =.=

i just noticed aussi from le photo that u guys were at causeway point pretty late, since John Little is closed. hahahah (n'est pas necessaire, mais...)

The Demigoddess said...

Your friends are so sweet. During my birthday, I had to put together my own party and there were no surprises like this from friends. Hmmm...I must be a bad friend. But whatever...Anyway, happy belated birthday to you!

Nashe^ said...

@ Masrois: YES it worked brilliantly, because I'm way too conditioned to us pointing out every damn thing in sight just to speak the language. XD
Tu sais je sais.


@ Demigoddess: Thanks! Hmmm. I'm not a great surprise party planner kinda person, so maybe your friends aren't either. LOL.

Gadfly said...

Awwww...

Friends rock! :o)

Nashe^ said...

@ G: Good ones, anyway. teehee. XD

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Amélie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive