Twenty One


I thought I was going to the beach last Saturday; I really did. My friend said she's having a picnic and that I should just be there.

Who says no to a picnic, right? I ended up being driven to a beach resort instead, on an island away from the mainland. Things were going weird until I was led to a room, and opened the door to find a bunch of my friends inside with food, banners and (get this) candles on the bed spelling out my name. Basically?

I was attending my own surprise birthday party.

A friggin birthday party for me, in an air-conditioned suite at a beach resort.

Four days in advance! You're right, I couldn't bloody believe it! I'm having trouble writing this post coz I don't even know which parts to talk about. Suffice to say everything was great. The people present were uh-mazing and it was an awesome place.

Private saltwater pool with slides, water-jets and a waterfall, ya'll.


Oooh our evening swim there was fantastic. Hopped to the beach after sunset and uh, frolicked for a while before returning to our room.

Rinsed and dried ourselves a bit headed upstairs to cut (/animalistically devour) my partially-melted ice cream cake:
Yes, we headed upstairs, coz it was a 2-storey suite. With a rooftop.
A wood-tiled rooftop which had chaise lounges, a jacuzzi and an open shower with a mirror.
(Oh please don't be jealous! It only overlooked the beach and the South China Sea, really...)


Anyway where was I? Oh yes, my ice-cream cake. We had some noodles and sandwiches after the cake, before splashing around in the jacuzzi, sipping lemon barley. With music coming from the surf club nearby and the breeze all around. Say it with me now, "aaaahhhh......"

Oh yeah, we met this little guy during breakfast-

Chip! Or is it Dale?

What bliss. Seriously, I'm getting giddy and grinning like a retard again just thinking about it. I had no business going on an impromptu weekend getaway when I have a truckload of assignments to complete, but as I said, good things happen in March.. so who was I to decline? It was a fabulous, fabulous weekend.

So much time, money and effort was put in by so many people, it feels... a bit surreal, to be honest. I must have been a saint in a past life or something.


And okay. You know I don't usually post pictures of people, but here's me being heinously raped by the one who planned it all-

No remorse from Mameha...

I don't know how she got a whole troupe of people involved (you know who you are!), but I guess that's not terribly important. What's important is that everything turned out super, and I appreciate every little part.

Thank you, Amel. Just.. thank you.
Love you and your tattoo.



And as I'm writing this? The clock just struck midnight.
It's the 10th of March already.

Happy 21st Birthday to me. :)

29 comments:

Unknown said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKK! HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY MS HERMOSA! you're now legal around the world! hahaha! :P What an amazing plan your friends had! Ahh, don't friends just give you the warm fuzzy feelings? haha! I'm glad you had such a great time! i'm sure this year will bring many great surprises :)

<3ya!

flashman said...

WOW. You guys went to the resort in Sentosa!?!? So cool. You have great friends. Happy 21st birthday, Nashe!!

putra said...

oh man, i'm so jealous. wish i coulda been there.

bonne anniversaire, sayang. you're 21, "mesti notty notty, kiez!"

sorry i couldn't help it. pick up your phone!!!

masth said...

love the tattoo-ed chick. and her tattoo. y tu.

*giddy giggles and grins*

the girl in stiletto said...

my love!!!! happy freaking awesome 21st birthday!!!!! may you become awesome-er by each day and may all the bullcraps decide to leave your side this year :D

masa untuk mengundi, missy! nyahahahahaha.

love you tonnes!

Ameliene xoxo You. said...

awww Masth. I love you too.
And yes NASHE, favouritest friend, I love you. You deserve all you got, okay?

An awesome party for an awesome, brilliant girl.

XOXO

Nashe^ said...

I am so touched. I am sobbing out of touched-ness.

Manju said...

happy birthday again sweetie :)

Ricademus said...

Yaaaayy!!! 21 is a major birthday! You have great friends to go to all that work for you. You have great friends for a reason--you are a pretty good friend yourself.

Happy Birthday! I hope today is special for you.

PS - I'll wait until tomorrow to start calling you "ma'am". =)

nando.gino said...

Hip-hi-horayy,,,Happy 21 sweet-birthday (yes, all birthdays in life must be sweet right?. A little bit jelaous the fact you're 2 years younger from me..LOL.

Anyway, is it only in picture or the fact of beach is beautiful ?

krissy ♥ said...

Oooooooooh that is soooo awesome!! You have great friends, and I know you are equally great to them :)

Happy birthday Nashe^!! I hope you enjoy your birthday/ birthmonth! (by the looks of this post, I know you already are) ♥♥

Hepburn Hilton said...

Awww... You're so lucky to have such great friends!!!! A surprise party! I always dreamed of getting one of those:)

Carine said...

sounds like it was a great birthday !

so happy birthday to you nashe :D

Laila P said...

I love it!
Happy birthday!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Color me appropriately envious. ;-/

Hap hap happy birthin' day, girlie. We've come a long way, baby, since we first "met" here on the blogs.

Love and huggles,

Diane

Mr. Guesa said...

Make sure to order a Three Wise Men and drink it near a trash can...

Rika The Lost Wanderer said...

waaahhh have a fabulous birthday nashe! Wish you be happy and awesome always xoxo!

So glad to have such amazing friends :)

bananas. said...

woohoo happy birthday little lady!!! let's party hardy!!!

ScoMan said...

Happy birthday.

Your friends organised an awesome way for you to celebrate it, and assignments or not you only turn 21 once so you need to put it all down for a few days.

Mmmmm... ice cream cake.

Candice said...

AWWW what a fantastic surprise! WOW! Also, SUPER JEALOUS you had a beach day. I need to come visit NOW.

Your friends are incredible, glad you had an amazing day. Happy Birthday!

TG said...

Oh boy, how you make me miss Sentosa. It's really a great place. You Singaporeans know how to have a good time. And the weather is always awesome. (I guess my bitterness comes from the cold wind and 11 Celsius in Taipei - not fun).

Anyway, happy 21. Wish all your dreams come true this year. Ok, at least some :)

Ortega said...

You are awesome, that is why you deserve this. I'm happy for ya!

Happiest 21st birthday, nashe. :))

.:*aMbAr*:. said...

YAY!!!! Happy Bday dear. I'm glad you had a fantabulous surprise bday party!!!! :D You deserve it... and can you let your good friends know that my bday is December 24, I want them to start planning ahead... LOL

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Belated happy happy birthday sweetie!!!!! Wow, you're friends are just the sweetest. Good things happen to good people, and this right here just proves it. Wishing you many more happy happy birthdays to come.

Andhari said...

Now that's what I call celebrating 21st birthday with a big bang!:D haha awesome, Nash!

Nashe^ said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH, EVERYBODY!

<3

Er. said...

Hey, Happy 21st Birthday! :D Guess, you had some serious some fun, eh?

Unknown said...

okay so your blog doesn't like me today. it wouldn't let me click on the link to comment on your most recent post!! >:( haha oh wells! I just wanted to say, its your birthday, you've got an excuse to be obese. i mean i ate like a maniac this past weekend and its not even my birthday, anniversary, nothing. haha!

Pinked said...

wow, girl!

haha, if im heading to china this summer then im hitting singapore next spring for sure! :P

Happy birthday! Youre 21!! i feel so old :/

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Am&eacute;lie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive