How I Met Your Father
You just got a huge raise, or an amazing work-performance bonus.
You walk down Orchard Road in your killer heels, swinging your limited edition Balenciaga.
Snap decision. You decide to buy something (really) nice to pamper yourself.
You enter the first store you see. Dolce & Gabbana.
It's unusually crowded.
You start browsing purposefully.
Something catches your eye- the most perfect pair of suede pumps.
It's calling out to you. You reach for it.
In your excitement, your moisturised arm roughly brushes against someone's back.
It's a man. He turns; you see half a pair of D&G Andy Garcia loafers in his hand.
You look up to his face to apologize for bothering him.
Your breath catches in your throat as you look into the eyes of the most gorgeous man you've ever seen.
You're lost, for a second too long.
He blushes and you regain your composure.
"Sorry," you both say at the same time as both of you step away.
Something about your identical reactions made you giggle.
Unexpectedly, Dreamboat laughs.
You do, too.
Broken tension.
He starts talking to you.
For the next five minutes, you're both trying on shoes for size and chatting about how crowded the place is..
and how you'd both be spending a quiet night at home after this.
Lightbulb moment. He invites you to have dinner with him later.
"After all, lonely people make the best company," he says with an easy smile.
Looking at his devastatingly handsome face, you silently count to six.
Your lucky number, your favourite number.
Then you accept.
Why not? You already admitted to have nothing planned.
And that charming smile...
The fact that he has excellent taste in shoes helps, too.
Minutes later, you leave the store together,
a special kind of friendship (and your respective purchases) in the bag.
Years pass.
You just got a huge raise, an amazing work-performance bonus.
You walk down Orchard Road in your killer heels, swinging your limited edition Miu Miu.
You decide to drop by D&G again.
You place your hand on the gold handlebar of the entrance and something glittery catches your eye, right there on your dainty finger.
You smile.
Next to you, he smiles, too.
In a perfect world, how would you meet that special person?
The Nashty
- Nashe^
- Twenty7 and not much hotter. Looking for my happily ever after.
Be a Baller and Join My Twitterazzi
Or Click Here to Ask Me Dirty Questions
Mantra of The Moment
Stalking Me Yet?
Followers
Stuff I REALLY Want
- Love in the first degree
- A Trip to North Africa
- A brain scan/ fMRI
- All books by Belinda Jones
- All books by Rachel Gibson

22 comments:
I havent been here for some time, eh?Good to see you alive and all creative in my absence.
I met my current gf at a really bad birthday party.In a perfect world, maybe we should have met somewhere quieter. ANYWHERE but that party. :p
AAWWW. SO NICE. Girl you know I HAAAVVVEE to comment on this!!!
In a perfect world, I'll meet him when i'm on holiday. I don't know where, maybe venice. AAAAHHHHH. My venice.... It's love at first sight (OMG what!) and he would paint a portrait of me just coz i'm teh most beautiful person he has ever seen.
u got me in dream mode.
Hello Miss Pisces. the ending rocked. and i mean ROCKED. i will keep my comment to myself until i see you online.
ciao bella.
PLEASE. I would so want to meet a man that way. Ohmygod.
Man in designer duds. Preferably love buying his woman expensive stuff too.
Wait what?
Hahahhahahahaa.
D&G...........
D&G...........
In a perfect world, I would love to meet that special person in Vegas. Cuz my guy friend just told me that "what happens in vegas doesnt stay in vegas" muahahah.
@ Flash: Aww come on a party can't be that bad! Hahaha.
@ Fairuz: That's teh point. ;)
@ Putra: Righty!
@ Andhari: Yeah exactly, he's probably gonna have exquisite taste, right? :))
@ Ejannz: WOAH VEGAS. You're going all the way with that, aren't ya!
You're one heckuva writer. Babe, in a perfect world, i'll meet my special lady in a tennis match. She'll be the chick who got the seat next to me and we'l have this intelligent convo abt Agassi and Nadal.
@ Izan: Sounds good ;)
"Unexpectedly, Dreamboat laughs."
That was good!
Oh yes, in the perfect world...
I think I like the idea of my soulmate being a childhood playmate, or smthing of that type.
We'd grow up together without realizing how much we've fallen in love with each other, things like that. That's proly the only romantic part of my thinking.
But I like your story. It could happen one day for you, n that's exciting :-)
hahaha... it's so dreamy.. in my not-so-perfect world, i met my guy in a cheap trip to Berlin...hihihi...
if I had to wait till I walked down the orchard rd with the latest miu miu bag swinging on my hand - I would probably be 30 smthing.. hihihi...
hahaha... it's so dreamy.. in my not-so-perfect world, i met my guy in a cheap trip to Berlin...hihihi...
if I had to wait till I walked down the orchard rd with the latest miu miu bag swinging on my hand - I would probably be 30 smthing.. hihihi...
@ Ortega: I had no clue you were into the childhood love thing!
@ Eunice: Yes, I heard about that Berlin trip. Haha. ;)
Loveeett! Too bad there's no way i'll meet my kid's father near any D&G store (bec. i already met him). If my kid(s) ask about it, I would have to start by saying the title: Spring in Tokyo.
Spring in Tokyo sounds perfect enough, don't you think? :D
Wait! Why do the years pass...? Sounds like they had a good thing going...
OH wow...this is suweeeet.... I wouldn't mind meeting mr. perfect in D&G. hehehe...
Well, I personally don't fancy brands, and especially not when it comes to fashion. So I can't really feel you ladies who are attracted to men who buy these things. When you break up, things you recieved as present, become things. They have some historic meaning, but what you really earn for, is the perso, the love, the togetherness. Fashion changes, things lose value, but the value of a good relationship gets higher and higher when years pass: It's like good wine. Maybe I went a bit off topic, but I wanna share my 0.02$ ^^
@ LiLu: They did, of course :)
@ Mel: ;))
@ MKL: That's why this post is talking about a perfect world.
Nashe, yes, sure, but in my perfect world there's no brands :) Everyone has a different perfect world. I was just rambling. You wrote a good post, maybe I went too off topic.
i looove the blog layout. loove.
i don't care how the hell i meet the perfect man, just as long as i meet him at some point. and as long as he's not begging for money. gotta have standards somewhere.
Begging for money. HAHAHA I don't know why, that made me laugh harder than necessary!
Post a Comment