El Capitán
A 27 year old Arab ship captain fell in love with me at the beach and wouldn't leave me the fuck alone until I agreed to go to one dinner with him at his favourite Persian restaurant in Singapore (before he goes home to Jeddah). I'm honestly sick of all the clichés in my life.
(I know I was bellyaching about not being on a date in ages but come on, Life! An obsessed Arab ship captain, seriously?! Give me somebody I can work with!)
But anyway... dinner?
@Nasrin's
As my friends put it, I had him at "Ahlan wa sahlan" (Hello in Arabic). At the beach he asked if I was from Singapore and went on to tell me he was from Saudi Arabia. I replied and said a bunch of other stuff in Arabic. That was probably my worst move ever.
It made for a good story, though. Kinda.
Moral of the story, folks... learn another language. It can get you a man on the beach.
In other news, my friend Syaza left for Indonesia to do her Masters in Indo Literature, leaving all her homies behind on this little island. :(
Time to plan another trip to Indonesia, I guess? What's your next travel destination, babies?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Nashty
- Nashe^
- Twenty7 and not much hotter. Looking for my happily ever after.
Be a Baller and Join My Twitterazzi
Or Click Here to Ask Me Dirty Questions
Mantra of The Moment
“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I."
— Michael D. Montaigne
Stalking Me Yet?
Followers
Stuff I REALLY Want
- Love in the first degree
- A Trip to North Africa
- A brain scan/ fMRI
- All books by Belinda Jones
- All books by Rachel Gibson




10 comments:
Dang you look real different from what i remembered!
Next travel destination...probably the States again.
I'm not really surprised at this whole Arab deal. It's funny but funny things always happen 2u. lols.
PS- my Skype won't work!!!
@izan: Apparently they do. And see you on MSN k?
your face in the 2nd pic is just :-| ! jajaja.
LOL, your face didn't say "let's get this over with"! It said the same thing it always does--I'm Nashe!!!
That look on your face is priceless...It says please fastforward so we can finally say goodbye. Lol. You are gorgeous babe. =)
OMG! You're learning Arabic now I forgot!! So exciting! Learning languages can really open doors, huh? :))
No tengo any travel plans, sadly. ;(
ze food looks yummey though.
DUDE!!! why didn't you sneak a pic of him to show us all? or did you and you're just hiding it!??!?! hahaha! what's funny is this reminds me of my last blog post about "life lessons" where speaking in another language got me in "trouble". Next time, let's just stick to english nash. hahaha!
Was he hot at least? Haha
@ko0ty: Naww he wasn't! hahahaa.
Post a Comment