I ended my March in Jakarta

As many of you already know, I took a wee little trip to Jakarta last weekend! I went with my fellow Piscean sistah Amelienzy coz we wanted to end our birthmonth somewhere away from Singapore. Why Jakarta? I'm not sure, but we kinda went "Lets go Jakarta or something" and proceeded to book the tickets. LOL.


On our first night in JKT we went to little place called Capocaccia for drinks with our resident insomniac lolita Andhari, before she took us out for satay. Oyeah you can bet your asses we met up the first chance we got!

Our ever gracious hosts Arnita and Andhari.
This was past midnight, just so you know!

On the second day, I met Debbie! Debbie was one of my very, very first blog readers and just one of those people whom I can click with from the get-go. She has known me since I was...an adoloscent idiot.

Finally getting to meet each other in person after 6 years of online friendship was, to put it mildly, fucking amazing. It's pretty cool how you can meet someone for the first time but you're both using phrases like "Yeah, I mean, you know how I am..."

So awesome.

Debbie took us out to a very pretty Indonesian restaurant called Tesate where we gorged on all the Indo food I came for.

Then we went to Mangga Dua to check the place out and I must say, it's a good place to practice my bargaining skills in Bahasa Indonesia. But the crowd? Ughh. I'd pick Plaza Senayan anyday :P

That night, I met up with Nitia! She picked us up at our hotel and we set off to Plaza Indonesia for dinner. In the mall I saw someone coming down the escalator looking all hot and stuff, and that person turned out to be Andhari! Dude I'm not even kidding. For a moment I was like, why is that girl waving at me?? rofl.

Dinner at Bistro Baron was awesome, but what was awesome++ was our night at Bibliotheque! The whole place was bouncing and I got to see Ndeesaster emcee, ya'll. Don't be hatin'! It was a fantastic crowd.

The sucky part was that my camera battery died but who really cares when you know you're having a great time, right? I lost hearing in my right ear that night.
Ndeesaster looking all glowy after her little gig

The last thing she saw me do was get my drunk ass out of the cab after throwing money at her. I hope she realizes how classy I am.
***
Major mall-hopping, minor sight-seeing, some partying, socializing with random folks, meeting fabulous people... That pretty much summed up my beautiful two and a half days in Jakarta with Ameliene. What a whirlwind.

I'll just end off this post with one of my favourite pictures from trip. *heh*

Wish the rest of *you* 20SBs were there!
xoxo
Ndee, Nitia & Nashe

15 comments:

littletiara said...

awwwwww... I wanna be there tooooo.. *whines* you should come here to my city too... >.> lolololol... jk jk... what about me coming there? *looks up to my atm* okay, i was just kidding *sigh i don't even have much money to buy new shoes -____-

alright seems like you're having sooo much fun! :D you should come back again, okay? hahaha...

and yes, I envy you for being able to watch ndee MCing >O< so many things that I missed!

flashman said...

Wow I visited JKT for a week once in 2007. but I think you had more fun than me in 3 days than I had in 7!!!
:p

Nashe^ said...

@ Tiara: I definitely had fun, and it's pretty obvious that 3 days is NOT ENOUGH for me! Totally coming back when my schedule (/life) allows it! ^^

Unknown said...

Okay what???? you got to meet NDee ANDDDDDDDDD watch her perform?? jeeeeluz! I'm glad you had a good time.... all while keeping it classy of course. hahaha! Don't worry Nashe, one day we will meet too!!!!!!!! It could be one day soon.. like if you plan a trip to the Philippines in say..... last week of June to first week of July? heh? heh? hehhhh? i'm serious.

Amel said...

Your post is so awesome i dont need to write mine already! Hahaha! I'm still missing all the fun we had :(

izan said...

Girl! That sounds like so much fun, I can't help grinning for ya :)) You lost your hearing? CLASSIC!! Miss our clubbing days ;)

putra said...

you just made me miss indonesia.

nevertheless. i'm *this* glad that you had a blast in my hometown. but i do wish i could have been there to take you around, ahahhaa. especially since you went to tesate...like i told you, that's my pop's favorite resto! talk to you on skype, bub.

Nashe^ said...

@ Kym: Aww I so wish!!! But I'm working all June through July :\

@ Amel: 3 days mana cukup!!

@ izan: I replied your email!

@ putra: i'm *this* glad i went, as well. ^^

krissy ♥ said...

I agree with Kym, ditch work and come here!!! We can have a BIG slumber party at the hotel and it'll be truckloads of awesome :D

Oh man I wish I can go out of the country again this year :p

nitia/ monto said...

bejeesus! you really threw money at her? huahahahahah oh god are you sure you don't soak up your whole body with a vodka? :D

Ricademus said...

LOL, if I was coming down that escalator you would have said, "Why is that guy waving at me? Let's get the heck out of here!!!"

I think I'm in a rut, I need to do something spur of the moment like your trip. I'm starting to hate working....gotta win the lottery.

(Note to self: stop forgetting to play the lottery!!!)

PS - You nailed it, I thought a song was about a couple reuniting, then my wife tells me it's about a funeral. Damn! =)

♡Shayla♡ said...

looks like a great adventure! your blog layout is so cute, miss.
lots of personality!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Wow sweetie! You guys sure had a blast! You look gorgeous as always. I hope I get to meet you guys in person too

Nikolett said...

Ahhh so awesome ... to see Ndee and ahhh I want to meet both of you and everyone and have a huge blogger partay and Andhari can rap for us and I'll make good ... coffee? Hehe. I hope the rest of April is better to you :)

Pinked said...

Oh Nasheeeeeee! It's been SO LONG! This post makes me all excited to be in China. You're SO close...I want to do Indonesia soon, in the next few months when I have a job...but would LOVE to come to see you and Sassy Girl in Singapore!

China sucks, it takes EONS to post on Blogger and go on blogs but good to know youre bloggin away :D

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Am&eacute;lie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive