La Bourgeoisie
A few things I feel you should know about me.
1) I made a pact with someone I've never met.
There's this dude from college who's a friend of a friend. He's impossible to live with, but we made a pact to be each other's back-up plan if our separate love lives go to shit by the time we're 35. MY LOVE LIFE BETTER GET ITS ACT TOGETHER.
2) I miss talking to Mikhail.
And you know what's worse than just missing someone? Not knowing where on Earth they are. Literally. I have no idea where Mik is on this planet right now, and there is no way of contacting him. Sadface.
3) I just spent 4 days in Makassar, South Sulawesi doing linguistics fieldwork (which I never got to do in my 4 years in university).
It was the most tiring "vacation" I've had but at the end of it all, a stellar experience. Also, sharing a house and trooping around with 5 other linguists = a minimum of 7 languages swirling around at all times, and that's 100% my kind of scene.
3) Paris is not my dream destination.
Just because I'm into all things French, doesn't make Paris my #1 Place to Visit. It's may be #5 or something but definitely not the first.
Paris IS, however, where I'll be in 4 days time!
Remember when I said I 've been saving money to climb La Tour Eiffel? Well, I'm hoping to be at the top by next Wednesday. So WOOHOO!!
I'll be there with a friend and perhaps meeting the French Ami along the way. Don't know how long I'll be en France yet but it's probably gonna be just a little more than a week (my unemployed just-graduated ass can't afford a month-long vacay. Sad.) I'm putting aside time to check out the French Riviera and visit Monaco as well coz what am I if not a wanna-bourgeois? I'll probably pop over to London for a bit, too, to buy cookies, see the Buckingham Palace again and have tea at Harrod's. Hah! Fancy that.
I don't actually have a real plan for this trip but I shan't be too bothered. This will be a proper holiday (after the last 4 years of weekend trips) and I do believe I'll have a truckin' good time.
Now if you'll excuse me.. I have to go get a ski mask before I rob a bank coz I'm broke as hell.
1) I made a pact with someone I've never met.
There's this dude from college who's a friend of a friend. He's impossible to live with, but we made a pact to be each other's back-up plan if our separate love lives go to shit by the time we're 35. MY LOVE LIFE BETTER GET ITS ACT TOGETHER.
2) I miss talking to Mikhail.
And you know what's worse than just missing someone? Not knowing where on Earth they are. Literally. I have no idea where Mik is on this planet right now, and there is no way of contacting him. Sadface.
3) I just spent 4 days in Makassar, South Sulawesi doing linguistics fieldwork (which I never got to do in my 4 years in university).
It was the most tiring "vacation" I've had but at the end of it all, a stellar experience. Also, sharing a house and trooping around with 5 other linguists = a minimum of 7 languages swirling around at all times, and that's 100% my kind of scene.
sunset over Makassar
Just because I'm into all things French, doesn't make Paris my #1 Place to Visit. It's may be #5 or something but definitely not the first.
Paris IS, however, where I'll be in 4 days time!
Remember when I said I 've been saving money to climb La Tour Eiffel? Well, I'm hoping to be at the top by next Wednesday. So WOOHOO!!
I'll be there with a friend and perhaps meeting the French Ami along the way. Don't know how long I'll be en France yet but it's probably gonna be just a little more than a week (my unemployed just-graduated ass can't afford a month-long vacay. Sad.) I'm putting aside time to check out the French Riviera and visit Monaco as well coz what am I if not a wanna-bourgeois? I'll probably pop over to London for a bit, too, to buy cookies, see the Buckingham Palace again and have tea at Harrod's. Hah! Fancy that.
I don't actually have a real plan for this trip but I shan't be too bothered. This will be a proper holiday (after the last 4 years of weekend trips) and I do believe I'll have a truckin' good time.
Now if you'll excuse me.. I have to go get a ski mask before I rob a bank coz I'm broke as hell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Nashty
- Nashe^
- Twenty7 and not much hotter. Looking for my happily ever after.
Be a Baller and Join My Twitterazzi
Or Click Here to Ask Me Dirty Questions
Mantra of The Moment
“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I."
— Michael D. Montaigne
Stalking Me Yet?
Followers
Stuff I REALLY Want
- Love in the first degree
- A Trip to North Africa
- A brain scan/ fMRI
- All books by Belinda Jones
- All books by Rachel Gibson


6 comments:
Oh wow, Nashe, that's so amazing! I am so jealous!
If ever you get tired of seeing all those beautiful places, maybe you can find time to visit Manila, too? Mehehe. Have a lovely time!! :)
No surprises, I alwiz knew you were a Londoner at heart. How about ST TROPEZ!!?!?
Anyway, aww for Mik.
This is so exciting!!! Wouldn't it be amazing if you bumped into Mikhail on the trip?
OMG!!! I WANT! Cheers to a fab holiday, Nashty!
oh..paris... <3
nice post..
take a look at my blog,we can follow each other if you want..
kisses from italy
http://color-blockbyfelym.blogspot.com
I didn't get to climb the Eiffel tower because the queue was soooo long but I'm pretty sure the view from the top is amazing.
This comment came too late so I hope you had a grand time.
May I know what's your no.1 dream destination?
Post a Comment