Riviera Je T'aime

When people heard I was going to Paris, they assumed I'll be doing a Eurotrip. Why's that? What's so hard to believe that I was going to France without hopping to Rome and Amsterdam? I'm not the backpacking type and I don't believe in seeing a country for two days and leaving for another.

In any case, I'm (obvs) back from my French vacay and as expected, it was amazing. Some pictures for your perusal, perhaps?



It's nice to have a city prove you wrong. Tourists always complain about the rudeness of Parisians but all I met was the nicest, most helpful bunch of French folks. Maybe it's coz I spoke French the whole time I was there? I'm not sure, but I guess the lack of a language barrier helped. And having the locals commend my French was, of course, immensely gratifying. 4 years of lessons did not go to waste!

If my imaginary boyfriend wants to propose to me, it will have to be at Jardin du Luxembourg, or it will be a no-go.


Eating Italian food with North African toppings in a French city.


And on to the City of 2012, London!






I didn't really have a plan for London; all I knew was I missed the place terribly and had to see it again. Did some serious financial damage in the process but I regret nothing.

Besides Paris, I also stayed in Nice, Côte d'Azur. Best decision ever. The French Riviera is a truly wonderful place.




Didn't visit Cannes to live out Mr Bean's Holiday and didn't have time for St Tropez, unfortunately! Or maybe I did have time, but I simply didn't care so much for it. Because along the way, mes amis, Nice took me into her arms and held me captive. It's such a lovely, beautiful place, and the presence of hunky French-Arab/Maghrebi men willing to chat up a storm in every corner helped, too. (I'm being honest here!)


I truly did not expect to fall in love with Nice like I did. London was fun, Paris was dazzling, but Nice was where I left my heart.

And I don't say that very often. :')

8 comments:

Carine said...

I'm glad you liked my country. I don't think of myself as particularly patriotic, but I still feel weirdly proud of being French when people comment on how nice France is ^-^

justyn said...

Been waiting for this post! You look great n the view of Eiffel from the metro is so nice! I must visit the Riviera soon.

Lucky ducky!

^-^

Ricademus said...

I;m glad the locals were nice and you have such a great time. But I have to ask, did that pretty French girl ever get annoyed about you following her and taking pictures??? =)

Ortega said...

Looks like it was a great vacation. When you do retire in the Cote d'Azur, be sure to give me a heads up cos i'M only 3 hours away :p

Nashe^ said...

Hah, Ric!! XD

Ela said...

I once read a blog of a girl who traveled France expecting to encounter rude locals but instead met lots of friendly people. Stereotypes, eh?

Your trip look amazing, by the way.

Safe in the Steep Cliffs said...

i literally looked through your album on facebook. it looks like you had so much fun! i'm quite jealous! lol and thank you for your lovely comment !

amor said...

"..seeing a country for two days and leaving for another." -- exactly my length of stay in France, LOL.

I thought French people are unfriendly before I visited France. That lady in Louvre who helped me and friends get tickets and that cashier in some grocery proved me wrong.

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Amélie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive