"..But the sight of the stars makes me dream." -Van Gogh

There was an exhibition at the National Museum recently, showcasing some of the masterpieces from Musée d'Orsay in Paris. I had to check it out,
of course.

The Dubourg Family by Henri Fantin-Latour, 1878

I was immensely taken by this painting above, I'm not sure why. I wish I had a family portrait painted just like this; it would be pretty cool.


The Lady with the Glove by Carolus Duran,
and Madame Gaudibert by Claude Monet
+ Swiss and Belgian tourists


Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night

I took tons more photos, of course, but who really cares about pictures of paintings, right? So lets stop at three. I have to say, it was a beautiful exhibition, and quite inspirational as well. If I ever get to Paris, I'd have to devote a full couple of days just for the museums.

Speaking of Paris...

I have been saving all the money in the world to get my ass there to climb La Tour Eiffel (okay, not really) and visit the French Ami in June. As life would have it, though, he decided to land a job on an Indonesian island an hour away from Singapore and will hopefully get a visa for the Lion City.

Whud. There goes my grand Parisian plan.

11 comments:

Ricademus said...

That's a great exhibit. Vincent...how he suffered for his sanity! As for the Ami, it's pretty cool he's coming to you. =)

PS - Keep saving because you still want to go someday.

krissy ♥ said...

I would love to see Starry Night in person!

And I agree with Rick, keep saving up for that Parisian trip. Or work for HSBC. We have a department that trains employees in Paris for TWO MONTHS. All expenses paid + pocket money. Sweet.

amor said...

That explains why I didn't find the 'Starry Night' painting at Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam. The French owns it!

Erleene said...

You still gotta go to Paris regardless!

Ortega said...

Oh look at you all artsy and shit! :D Love it.

Nashe^ said...

@everyone: I'm definitely gonna continue saving!! :))

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Vicent Van Gogh's Starry Night is my favorite piece! I wish you could have shared more pictures of that painting exhibit. Oh and speaking of saving up, cross out Paris and save up for August 2013 of next year for the wedding/blogger meet up! =)

fashioneggpplant said...

vincent is one of my favorite painters ever. his work is just so inspired and about the paris trip, just go backpacking and check into a hostel, you can still do it! :)

Wonder Woman said...

I always thought photos like that were pretty creepy... :s

http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com

justyn said...

Maybe we could meet up in Monaco? HAHA! You are so appreciative, I admire that.

Hurry up and update!

Nikolett said...

I hope your Parisian dreams still come true in the near future! It'd be amazingggg. And that would be SUCH an epic family portrait; if I had the means I would totally ask a painter to paint me and my family haha. Hope you've had a great weekend :)

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Amélie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive