Gros Bisou

This is just an update to let you guys know that I met the one celebrity I have never stopped being crazy for since 2002.

Châu Belle Dinh.

You've probably never heard of the guy, and that's okay. He's a Vietnamese-born French actor and a guru of ADD, i.e.; l'Art du Déplacement (Art of Movement, more famously known as parkour).

His two major acting roles so far were as Baseball in Yamakasi,


and bad boy Kien in Les Fils du Vent (Sons of the Wind)


I don't think anyone comprehends how importantly Châu has featured in my life. There are so few people who truly impact your life and Châu was one of them for me.

I went out with parkour enthusiasts because I liked l'Art du déplacement. Because I preferred hanging out with parkour enthusiasts, my flings with random dudes ended. I took up a new language because I wanted to understand at least half the things Châu says in Yamakasi. And because I learned French, I met The French Ami, who's turning out to be one of my best friends now (the first topic The French Ami and I talked about was Yamakasi and parkour founder David Belle, haha).

I didn't know Châu would be in Singapore for 5 days, training in a martial arts gym/dojo and conducting workshops for the weekend. When I found out, it was already Thursday. MY BRAIN FLIPPED. I called the dojo but they said Châu's weekend classes were full.

So I did something I never do. I sent him a Facebook message. Asking if I could drop by in the morning to do some stretches, train with him a little and leave before his class begins. I NEED TO SAY HI TO THE MAN OR ELSE.

And he actually replied, saying "...yes, of course..."

So I met him.

And this happened: 


Châu signed my gym tshirt. Which means it's gonna be carefully handwashed from now on.

We talked about training, ADD, the other Yamak guys and Paris. It was hard to believe I was speaking French to the man I took up the language for. And it's so amazing to realize that the celebrity you've adored for ten years is in fact, better than you had imagined. (He's so humble and so shy and his English accent is so damn cute!)

He also signed my super old Yamakasi VCD with an "Esprit fort" ("strong spirit"), which is one of the, shall I say, tenets of the Yamakasi. I think he does know how much that means to me.

~
If you're wondering where my photo with Châu is, it's not in this post. I know it's irrational and all, but I just want to keep this pictorial memento to myself for a bit longer. Don't mind me.

And unless Steve Carell, Rowan Atkinson or Mathew Horne visits the Lion City, this might just be the last time you see me being a fangirl.

5 comments:

putra said...

also not to forget, your online name came from yt calling you Nasha Belle.

:D

i'm a little jealous you met Baseball!

Ortega said...

David Belle and this guy were the face of your old Myspace profile I remember ;) Yamakasi was an interesting show and It's so cool you got to see him.

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

omg! how very exciting!

Ricademus said...

This is an amazing story! I think you're the only person I know who took an interest in a celebrity and used it as a positive influence in life. Perhaps that's why karma rewarded you with the meeting.

amor said...

don't wash the shirt!! put it in a special frame and place it on your nightstand.

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Amélie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive