Four Years
So as many of you already know, I graduated last week!
It's been a hell of a journey, literally made with blood, sweat and (a lot of) tears.
There were many (and I can't stress this enough), MANY times where I felt like just giving up and starting over somewhere else but I guess conviction pays off.
I can still remember slogging for the A Levels to get into Uni. It was basically the worst time of my life but I'm glad I passed that shit coz it led me to the next four years in NTU.
The next four years where I got to study what I wanted- Linguistics. Where I got to intern as an English instructor in Indonesia. The time where I got to learn French under the best French teachers in the world. Where I met people from the oddest corners of the world... And being in an environment where nobody judges you for using 4 languages and having 3 accents? Well that's priceless. Graduating cum laude was just the icing on the proverbial cake.
From the suppressed giggles over hunky professors to the bitching at the back of the lecture hall, from the bus-stop flirtings to the friendships made in hallways, from the early morning deadlines to the late night essay-churning, I'll keep these four years close to my heart. We all have our own fabulous experiences of college but mine was just right for me.
Thank you to all you folks who have given me your support, especially those who have been 'with' me since before this journey. Knowing that you guys stuck around for 4+ years makes me all woogly.
— Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore
It's been a hell of a journey, literally made with blood, sweat and (a lot of) tears.
There were many (and I can't stress this enough), MANY times where I felt like just giving up and starting over somewhere else but I guess conviction pays off.
I can still remember slogging for the A Levels to get into Uni. It was basically the worst time of my life but I'm glad I passed that shit coz it led me to the next four years in NTU.
The next four years where I got to study what I wanted- Linguistics. Where I got to intern as an English instructor in Indonesia. The time where I got to learn French under the best French teachers in the world. Where I met people from the oddest corners of the world... And being in an environment where nobody judges you for using 4 languages and having 3 accents? Well that's priceless. Graduating cum laude was just the icing on the proverbial cake.
From the suppressed giggles over hunky professors to the bitching at the back of the lecture hall, from the bus-stop flirtings to the friendships made in hallways, from the early morning deadlines to the late night essay-churning, I'll keep these four years close to my heart. We all have our own fabulous experiences of college but mine was just right for me.
Thank you to all you folks who have given me your support, especially those who have been 'with' me since before this journey. Knowing that you guys stuck around for 4+ years makes me all woogly.
“And once the storm is over you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, in fact, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”
— Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Nashty
- Nashe^
- Twenty7 and not much hotter. Looking for my happily ever after.
Be a Baller and Join My Twitterazzi
Or Click Here to Ask Me Dirty Questions
Mantra of The Moment
“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I."
— Michael D. Montaigne
Stalking Me Yet?
Followers
Stuff I REALLY Want
- Love in the first degree
- A Trip to North Africa
- A brain scan/ fMRI
- All books by Belinda Jones
- All books by Rachel Gibson



8 comments:
cant really see your shoes much, but LOVE it :)
I was late to the party, but I'm glad I got here before it was over. I'm proud of you.
Congratulations!!! =)
CONGRATULATIONS! Sounds like you had an incredible experience despite the tears; I kind of miss being in school now.
I have been waiting a long time for this post. Congrats once again, you are set for life no matter what you think!
Congratulations Nashe!! I can relate to how awesome this adventure must have been for you! List down all those memories so you can have something to look back to ;) Wishing you love and light! ♥
What Krissy said :)
YOU MUST list them down as best you can! Congrats & Cheers!
congratulations Nashe!! Next stop is the real world. Enjoy the ride!
Congrats on the huge milestone! You look so happy!!!
Post a Comment