Cирил

Isn't it funny how we can not realize certain feelings until the right "event" comes along?

I mentioned my friend Cyril in a post last year but I didn't give him a name (he was just "some guy" then). In any case I bumped into him some months ago coz we had our individual exams in the same hall.. and it hit me just how much I missed the bloke.

 Like woah, I haven't seen Cyril in almost a year (and we didn't use to talk all that much anyway) but the moment I spotted him I was all "OMGGG I HAVE MISSED THIS GUY FOR REAL."

What exactly did I miss? I had/have no clue. But I guess he missed me, too, coz the hug I got that night was phenomenal.

It's just weird how one encounter can change the relationship you have with a person. Cyril and I have been talking a fair bit and it kinda makes me wonder how I used to be contented, without having him to talk to.

I think there's just something about a guy who can talk about bio-organics and use Greek words correctly that excites the geeky linguist in me. 

Intelligence is freakin' sexy. 

I'm not actually attracted to Cyril (honest!) but I can't help myself sometimes. I love the way he looks at people. It's a very thoughtful look, like he's listening to everything you're not saying. Does that make sense? I'm honoured that he enjoys talking to me and you have no idea how lucky I feel to have him as a friend.

The dude's back in his hometown for the time being, though, and I can practically feel my grey cells decaying. Who else is gonna keep my mind awake with nuggets of information on Turkish cuisine and the texture of marshmallows? Why do my friends have to be far away for long periods of time? Why don't I have more friends like Cyril? Why don't I have more friends in general?

Ughh.

14 comments:

Ricademus said...

Sometimes we just need the right light to see things accurately (that light is never florescent--everything looks awful under those tubes). =)

You have great friends and high standards, that's better than being in a crowd of nimrods.

Leah said...

I agree with Rick about just having a few great friends. :)

<3
Lei
$25 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway

justyn said...

aWw! This is actually a very sweet post! I'm sure Cyril would be so touched to know you wrote this. How come i hv never heard of this man before? :D

Nashe^ said...

@ Ric: I'm inclined to agree. :)

@ J: There was no real reason to write about him, hahaa.

putra said...

nashabella,

have you ever stopped to wonder if that "thoughtful look" was meant only for you?

think about it.



ps; sorry about the login fuckup! but i fixed it. can try writing on the A.B now :}

Nashe^ said...

@ Putra: I'm pretty sure he looks at everyone the same way...

Arright I'll try now.

Erleene said...

It really only takes one moment, the right moment, to change everything we thought was right. I like when that happens.

Ortega said...

Quality over quantity, ha.

All the russian blokes in the world in your horizon, my Nashty?

Nashe^ said...

@ Ortega: Nah, hahaha. Um did I mention Cyril also used to be Mik's roommate? I feel a little :\

Ricademus said...

About both the florescents AND the nimrods??? =)

Ricademus said...

About both the florescents AND the nimrods??? =)

Jo said...

Although I do not know much about the story preceding this post, I agree with your first line about how we tend not to realize certain feelings until the right "event" comes along. And being able to realise is always a good thing.

Ortega said...

"like he's listening to everything you're not saying." i like that ;)

Nashe^ said...

@ortega: Hohohoo. Good to know. x]

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Am&eacute;lie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive