24 hours

So... it's nearing the end of my attachment on this little island. 7 weeks passed just like that.

I know I don't belong here and I can't stay forever; but that doesn't mean I'm ready to leave. *sigh* I'm not ready to say goodbye.

It's not about the swimming pools, chauffeurs, free food and stuff like that. It's the people and the awesome work environment I'm not prepared to leave behind. Everyone's been so good to me, making me feel home and appreciated and everything. I can't believe that after tomorrow, I might not see some, or any, of them again.

I'm leaving for good tomorrow evening, (Friday the 22nd) and I already know it's gonna be so hard.

It's doubly hard because I won't really be coming home to anything or anybody. Sure I have my family and my friends (whom I miss every week) but it's not like I have anyone special dying for me to come back, y'know?

:'(

Oh well.

Here's to a memorable last 24 hours.

~

6 comments:

Ricademus said...

Just a thought, but if you did have that special someone now, you may not have had as much fun as you did the past 7 weeks. Part of you would have been distracted, missing him (or her--I don't judge) and spending time communicating. Heck, he, (or she) may have talked you out of even going. There truly is a time and place for everything. Mr Perfect will show up with that gleem in his eyes when it's time--and not the "hubba-hubba" gleem, the "she's so wonderful" gleem!!!

Go savor your last day on the island.

Ortega said...

Aww girlie. Have a blast on your last day (as you have been doing).
Singapore has more in store for you and you can't experience it if you don't come home!

dolce la robyn said...

its very hard to find a job you actually LOVE. its harder to leave the job you love.

life goes on girl, perhaps, one day you'll meet someone like the married crush and this someone is NOT married and is looking for a girl AND surprise, surprise, you're his type of girl :D

putra said...

post-attachment details. stat!

izan said...

Aww girl. It can be so hard to leave something that's so amazing. But look forward, my chick! I'll hit you up aiite.

TG said...

You'll be fine in Singapore, as its known as a fine city. Besides, your family can't wait to see you, I'm sure. Or I'm not sure, but I say that as a filler to my comment ;)

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Amélie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive