The Married Kind is the Best Kind

Alright dudes. Remember my little preggy buddy Minty? Well she isn't preggy Minty no more coz she had her baby! Ozomg? But lets rewind a bit...


I was in the middle of bawling my eyes out whimpering in mental pain pulling out my hair as I attempted to complete my now-notorious Morphology assignment (and also thinking of what to do for my next French presentation) when the GFF texted me, saying that Minty was in KK Hospital.

To go or not to go, c'est la question.


Decision took about 2 seconds. I decided to ditch the verb-demonstrative-noun deal and go to the hospital. Come on, a baby's on the way! Don't give me that condescending look, Alec.

I took a moment in the car, mulling over how weird this whole scenario was. I mean, Since when did I have friends who were married? Since when did I have friends who were having babies?

I felt SO adult. And I'm only like, 16? Ahem.


We reached the hospital and got unbelievably lost. The hospital map directions were so bogus.. or were we just too excited to read properly? I don't know, but we only got to the right place after like ten years of searching. A bunch of our buddies were already there. We couldn't see Minty just yet but we did see her hubby hanging around.

Long story short, we waited. And waited. Oh how we waited. (Fine, it was only minutes but it seemed really long) Until suddenly a Filipino nurse appeared and said "The mommy asked me to tell all of you that it's a girl! Very healthy, very good."

OMG. Finally. There was like a tangible feeling of ..relief? happiness? exhilaration? all around the waiting area. It's amazing how happy we can feel for someone else.

But Momma, it's so bright out here! I gotta shut my eyes!

Baby Luisa (viaroma!) and her mother were in brilliant condition.
This kid smiles more in an hour than I do in a day! Maybe coz she doesn't have any Morphology assignments to do? I dunno.. Is it silly for me to admit that I got a wee bit misty-eyed when I heard the nurse and when I saw the newborn? Yeah, I'm such a sap that way, and it's not even my bloody baby. (-.-")

Get a HOLD of yourself, Nashe. Your time will come... in thirty years or so.


Well anyway, that's that. I'm still worn out from the day's excitement. I think I need to go lie down or something, but not before I leave you with a few parting words from Minty the Mom:

"Married sex is the best sex, bitches!"

Bitches be listenin'. Now all I gotta do is find a nice hunky man...
...Oy! You there with the gorgeous eyes and sexy body! Wait up!

36 comments:

Laila P said...

What a cute baby. And I'm not just saying that. I think most babies are ugly, so that one must be like extra cute for me to like it. Lol.

Congrats to your friend. I can't believe I have married and pregnant friends either. I'm only like 16 as well (kinda).

I just found out one of my exes is having a baby with his fiancee. I don't care about him at all but it makes me panic a bit that I'm nowhere near that stage. I want a bf!

Ortega said...

Wow. That is one cute kid. And she's smiling! No no no Nash... not 30 years. 10 maybe? I wanna see your baby.



ps, hope all goes well with the assignment! u can do it!

TG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
flashman said...

Aduh aduh.... comel lah kan. Your last part made me lol.

putra said...

no fricking way, thirty years. you got 8 years to show us what you can come up with! :D

get on it, missy!

masrois said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
masrois said...

SHE'S SMILING!!! awwww....

dude, 30 years later u'll be too busy handling mid-life crisis to hv a baby. ce n'est pas un bon temps.

Woozie said...

Married people have sex in Singaporepore?

Nashe^ said...

@ Nic: Thanks Nic. And oh I know, being so single while your friends go off and do all these coupky shit stinks!

@ Ortega: I need all that luck so thanks :))

@ putra: AS IF I don't have enough deadlines to grapple with...

@ Masrois: Ella a mis un sourire.. Uh huh. Bonne chance pour nous, eh?

@ Woozie: The young hot ones, I suppose?

Manju said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww such a cutie!!!!she's smiling :)
haha i also feel like i'm 16,...sortof, .. two of my friends have gotten married already and it completely weirds me out..
think i'll wait for a decade or so to find out if Married sex is really the best sex

Unknown said...

"Married sex is the best sex, bitches!" hahahaha! glad to hear mommy and smiling baby are good and healthy! i can't believe the baby already has such a huge smile on her face! she's gonna be a happy/jolly one! :)

Nashe^ said...

@ Manju: Yeah it's weird isn't it? Btw, I have been trying to comment on your posts but I can't. Hmm.

@ Kym: We hope so, too! :D

.:*aMbAr*:. said...

LOL! You're so funny!!! Say congrats to mommy minty, and that baby is oh, so cute!!! Now finish those assignments missy!

justyn said...

OMG! Some babies really can look happy. I get teary when I'm at the hospital when my cousins give birth too! You're nt alone... It's a wonderful gift :))

I got to check out this married sex theory soon. :))

Andhari said...

Wha? What does she mean married sex is the best sex? Well maybe if you're marrying someone as hot as Nicholas Gonzalez, Tudors actors, and maybe the hot male models in dolce & gabbana campaigns. Personally I wanna marry all of them, I don't care if it means I should kick hugh hefner and live in playboy mansion with all those boys and maybe I can get my kind of married sex..

..Muahahaha I need a cold shower I think I'm turned on.

Anyhoo, what a cuteeee baby! I can googoo gaga right here, but you're right it will be yearssss before we have our own :p

Nashe^ said...

@ Ambar: I will, boss! xD

@ Andhari: Woman I'll be Anne Boleyn any damn day for JRM! You know I know :D

Gadfly said...

*trying not to snicker @ Woozie's sarcasm*

Nashe^ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nashe^ said...

@ Gad: I'm trying to ignore it as best as I can. :\

Anonymous said...

Newborns can smile like that?! My maternal instinct just went into overdrive.

izan said...

nash wtf! I cannot wait 30 years to see your baby! HAHAHAHA...

I thought you had a hunky man. Oh dang. He's kinda hard to forget ;)

Nashe^ said...

@ Candice: I KNOW!! It's so weird! But there you have it... Little wonders.

@ Izan: OKAY fine. 10 years maybe? If my life goes according to nice plans. *haha*

Forget the old hunk, vp :(

rachaelgking said...

Awww, what a cutie! And smiling already!

bananas. said...

HOLY CUTENESS! what a cute baby...already smiling and everything. i just want to pinch those cheeks. OOH!

Nash said...

hey thank you for dropping by my blog :) geezz the baby look so gorgeous :)

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

oh a new born that smiles. what a cutie pie... =) Congrats to your friend on having such a happy healthy baby. =)

Anonymous said...

hilarity!! love your blog!

i second everyone else about the newborn's extreme cuteness! He must be special, newborns are usually grumps!

Nashe^ said...

THANKS, ALL!

I gotta agree, it's really weird to find a newborn who smiles this widely but hey, just goes to show there ARE miracles in this world, right? LOL

Ahahgshene said...

<3 thanks for the comment!

where'd all the pecans go? i dunno! haha i still can't forget that!

anyway, so many things to do! i know! it's crazy! hopefully we can cut down on all the stress! cuz boy! i can't keep up ! pwahhaa

-abby

Anonymous said...

Such a cute smile....

Nashe^ said...

@ Abby: I heard things are getting better ^^

And yeah, WHERE TF did those pecans go?!?

@ Envoy: x100

Honey Bee said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BABY! ohmyGod! aww...

I landed on your blog through somebody else's blog, and I have to say...I like what I see till now. :)

Nashe^ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nashe^ said...

Thank you Nahl :)

Ms Kayso said...

awww what a cutie! I want one!!!

xo Anastasia B

Nashe^ said...

@ Anastasia: I want one, too! I hear they're giving these things out somewhere... ^^

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Am&eacute;lie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive