Analyze This

Lest you didn't know, I'm currently doing a course in Conversation Analysis. Ever since my first assignment, I've been doing mini analyses of the phone conversations I've been having, no matter how short they are. I'll always have some sort of an evaluation at the back of my head during the course of the conversation, and... I realize that just makes me sound like a bad person for not focusing on the conversation at hand.
But tell me how I was supposed to forget about analysing when the conversation went something like this-
Me: Why did you wait until the third day?
A: I don't, I don't know... I don't really, you know, know? Haha. I mean I just thought.. I don't know. It's just that, like.. Aahh.. I dunno.
Me: Okay. So you don't know! Haha. That's fine.
A: No! I mean, yeah it's.. okay, but I don't know... I really.. I dunno.
Me: Can you tell me something you DO know?
A: I... no.
Uhm, LOL?
In other semi-related news...
1) My Biz Law lecturer is hilariously entertaining, and I don't think he even knows it. "This case took place in 1921 during the World War. But whether it's WWI or WWII, we don't know."
2) My Morphology assignment is not going swimmingly well. In fact it kinda drowned.
3) Over the weekend I'll be gittin' loose with the Goose and hittin' that with the Bat , if you know what I mean. Gotta love those winged animals. Operation Shitfaced will commence with a bunch of people I don't know, so God help me.
4) I woke up from my nap thinking about Pimlico tube station. True story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Nashty
- Nashe^
- Twenty7 and not much hotter. Looking for my happily ever after.
Be a Baller and Join My Twitterazzi
Or Click Here to Ask Me Dirty Questions
Mantra of The Moment
“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I."
— Michael D. Montaigne
Stalking Me Yet?
Followers
Stuff I REALLY Want
- Love in the first degree
- A Trip to North Africa
- A brain scan/ fMRI
- All books by Belinda Jones
- All books by Rachel Gibson

25 comments:
so is he sure he really doesn't know? hahaha! nice convo...
and at first i was afraid to click on pimlico tube station cus for some reason i thought it was dirty. maybe i'm just dirty minded. hahaha!
have a great weekend lady!
lol what a confusing convo! hmmm pimlico huh, so random ^^
have a great weekend you
xxx
hey you know what?? I dunno! LOL j/k
Anywwayzzz... "swimmingly well" had me laughing at the end when it "drowned".
Have a nice weekend.
@ Kym: Dirty Pimlico? Kym how could you! XD
@ Manju: hehe, thank you :) You, too alright!
@ Ambar: Good to know I made you laugh! lol Thanks :)
hahahahhhahhahahahahahaha.
convo hebat keperr... Good luck with that morphology thing.
"But whether it's WWI or WWII, we don't know."
you cannot be serious. lmao. and lady i love those winged animals too. i'm there with you... in spirit(s)!
;)
Ahhh assignments. How I struggled with those. And the quote from your Biz Law lecturer was funny. It didn't hit me the first time but when I finally got it, JAJAJAJAJA.
well...I can tell you something I do know... I do know that whoever you were talking to just doesn't know. lols hehehehe
@ Flaz: I'll need all the luck, trust me.
@ putra: "..And say to the good brother: Whence you are there in spirit, fear naught, for the spirits will in turn be dwelling within you." (Bella Bacardia 3:17)
@ Ortega: JAJAJA. At least you got it :)
@ Mel: But do you REALLY know? teehee lol
With all the crazy courses love, we really should get it loose with the goose :D
Ps. Your friend Is super funny!
@ Andhari: Champagne Lounge Champagne Lounge..!!
Just conclude that he's completely clueless in life. =p
lolness! The dude must be seriously clueless. Give him a break, maybe it was something important >:)
i havent even started on alec's. i think im in depression already.
oh that (en haut) was me. i've lost my marbles and starting to forget alot of things. :|
i love how your headline is called... "where did all the pecans go?" and then... there's a picture of a dog saying "i dunno LOL!" for your post! LOL. i really started to crack up because i thought it was part of the headline... but it was just a coincidence !
anyway, i'm new to your blog :]
@ Shingo: Haha. Can't say that coz he's normally quite intelligent!
@ Izan: It should be.
@ Masth: Guess what, I thought there was only 22 data lines. SEKALI ada page 4! Mampz.
And trust me, that comment could have come from nobody nobody but choo.
@ Abby K: Welcome! Oh yeah I didn't notice it, but hmmm.. I think I would have laughed too if I were you! xD
Uh wow. That conversation is definitely hard to analyze... haha!
morphology of what, nashtun? i musta missed that memo. whatevs, you'll be fine.
funny about analysing the convo...like the blind men & the elephant, we tend to see things in terms of our immediate frame of reference --and even that may change from one day to the next --or from hour to hour if one has been drinking, praying, or shopping
@ LiLu: Like totally? haha!
@ Uno: Yeahuh. Morphology of this weird language in Central America. It's so difficult, I wanna cry. :(
My brain will go nuts if a friend talks with no clear information at all. (A appears to be hesitant). If that conversation happened to me, I think I will try to cooperate and pretend that whatever she/he said is no nonsense. lol
@ Amor: Yea, I could tell he was hesitant. But I didn't wanna force it out... :\
"This case took place in 1921 during the World War. But whether it's WWI or WWII, we don't know."
Oh my freaking god!!! LOL
haha lol
@ Gad: But practically NO ONE there thought it was funny. Sad, right? Such is my reality.
Post a Comment