Pursuit of Happiness
I was up on the 70th floor of Fairmont Swissotel yesterday. I don't have a bunch of pretty pictures but it was a great view, really. What else from one of the planet's tallest hotels, right? It's pretty nice to be on top of the world when you're not feeling that way.
The area with the three towers, far right? That's where the world's most expensive casino will be. World's this.. world's that.. Yeah, you could say we're an island of overachievers.
The Universal Studios theme park will also be there, too, so... yay?

Anyway, I was up there with The GFF till the afternoon, getting high on Pepsi and chrysanthemum tea. Talking to British tourists and admiring how my nails glinted off the glass wall. Playing with straws and tossing M&Ms (I won, of course, though I nearly choked and died).
Headed down to Spinelli for lattes, wondering what we're gonna do with the rest of our conscious sober lives. Then we went back to her place and had copious amounts of McDonald's delivered. Read a bunch of girly mags on the bed til we both fell asleep.
And you know what? For the first time in a long while, I think I felt truly happy. My life is far from perfect but that matters little. I feel at peace with myself, and I hope he does, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Nashty
- Nashe^
- Twenty7 and not much hotter. Looking for my happily ever after.
Be a Baller and Join My Twitterazzi
Or Click Here to Ask Me Dirty Questions
Mantra of The Moment
“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I."
— Michael D. Montaigne
Stalking Me Yet?
Followers
Stuff I REALLY Want
- Love in the first degree
- A Trip to North Africa
- A brain scan/ fMRI
- All books by Belinda Jones
- All books by Rachel Gibson


32 comments:
please expect an email, around 9pm GMT+8.
gracias.
Nashty! That view is great, 70th storey WOWEE! Now I must plan to visit the Universal Studios theme park when it opens.... $$$.
You see, there you go. You need to find happiness in small thing and live for the moment. The happiness in big things (like love) will come by itself.
I know you da bomb at tosing Mnms!
Stay on this course, Nashe. There will always be others who try bring you down in many ways when you're at your finest. You know that. Again, eye on the prize ;-)
I wahnaaa go to singgapowwwhhh when it's opened! Universal studio hell yesss.
Anyhoo, your last words touched me. That's what matter, babe. You're a great girl, you have people love you and it will make being happy easier :)
@ Putra: Waiting!
@ Justyn: Well you can start saving now, I guess? ^^
@ MKL: I know. :) Sometimes we just forget about the small ones.
@ Izan: I got it locked XD
@ Andhari: And singgapowwhh will be waiting for you too! :^)
Thanks, hunneh.
What a breathtaking sight! Will you take me there on my trip to singapore? =)
sounds like a fantastic weekend. :) overachievers, indeed
I seem to remember you saying something about McDonaldses over there delivering, but I'm still a bit shocked to read it.
And your island is compensating for something.
@ Mel: If I could gain access to it.. of course!
@ Angryredhead: It wasn't so bad :)
@ Wooz: Yea, feels that way. I think it's our small size. We're like no bigger than Chicago.
how simple things can make us truly happy, so true. i always want to kill anyone who thinks that im a woman hard to impress.
i thought i was the only person who can get high on pepsi. now i have my pepsi-high buddy!
i truly hope one day we can hang out together ya know :) maybe the more the merrier.
Good for you Nashe =)
i thought the London Eye is the world's largest ferris wheel. Must get my facts right..now.
Glad to know you're all right. Wow I think I really have to get my ass to Singapore one of these days.
weeee greetings from the Philippines :p
haha
nice to be here in your blog well I hope we can visit each other's page every now and then :) right cheeryo
LOVE | nashy BOY
@ Ejannz: One day, woman. One day. We'll all hang out :D
@ Amor: I thought so too, until I was told about my own SG Flyer. Haha.
@ Ortega: I sure hope you do :)
@ Nashyboy: Cheerio! XD
Whoa. What a view!
Life is never perfect, I've found, but it has its moments ;-)
@ Ashley: It definitely has :^) I think those moments are just eluding me at this time.
OVERACHIEVERS!
hEY I'm back :) glad you're feeling better, chica. Although I must admit i miss your posts with Tankeroo... I'm happy if you are. :)
it was a good post. very positive... until i read the part "I feel at peace with myself, and I hope he does, too."
i can see that you've not step out of his shadow yet...
Have you been up the Flyer btw? I didn't know abt the Universal studios thing, should be pretty cool.
I agree with Sonco above. The tanky posts were funny, even if u never showed us his pic.
@ Sonco: Thanks, Sonk. I reread those posts, and I guess they were entertaining in a way. LOL.
@ John: Nah, that's not true. I'm just saying that I've come to accept the fact that we're not meant to be together. I'm not affected by his actions anymore.
@ Flaz: I haven't been up there! No time or no money. lulz
wowww... beyond amazing view. i wonder how the scenery will be look like at night. must be wonderful. and i cannot wait until the universal studio is open... hoaah.. :)))
Hey, how are you Nashe? I'm back in the blogosphere and just wanted to drop by and say hi..You're broken up?
@ Nitya: The scenery would be great, I think. It already looks good on the ground, what more 70 floors up!
@ Demigoddess: Yknow I was just wondering last night, where Angel was... and here you are. Haha. Yeah I'm done with that dude. But life ain't stopping :)
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
great that you felt happy. btw, it's not much but here are some big smiles for you.
i like city pictures :)
@ Miss C: Awww thanks E :))
@ Floreta: Me too, obvs. Hehe.
Salam Nashe!
MCDONALD'S DELIVERS????? WHAT KIND OF WORLD DO YOU LIVE IN!?!?!?
lol, thanks for swingin by my blog.
@ Neverever: Haha! It's called SINGAPORE!!!!
Good Grief! I have to drive at LEAST two blocks to get my MickyD's fix...
lucky youuuu
Post a Comment