"Viva la Mehico"

So! How many languages were used in the previous post? The person who came closest to the correct answer was Hamizah, who gave a list of 7. Whoot whoot! (Hamz, I don't know why you didn't include Spanish in your answer.) Second place goes to Amor who gave me 6!

A round of applause.. a round of applause...

The correct answer is 9. There wuz:


-Malay
-Tagalog (kumusta, saklolo ako ++)
-English
-French
-Bahasa Indonesia
-Spanish
-Tok Pisin (tok baksait, nogut)
-Mandarin (wo bu zhi dao)
-German (Achtung)


/end gameshow-host mode

High fives for everyone who tried! (Tok Pisin is spoken in Papua New Guinea, just so you modern first-world people know.)

Tis okay if you completely missed out on the entire plot. The story, though close to my heart as it is, is not exactly important to anyone. Three cheers to you if you understood, though. ;)



ANYHOODLES.

I just had a supergreat night filled with mudpies, mocktails and mojitos. I think I'll go to bed now. Repeat performance next Friday, maybe. :)

19 comments:

karmaputra said...

AND JUST HOW I WISH I WAS THERE.

fm.

Nashe^ said...

I know, right?

fmt.

karmaputra said...

hahahhahahahahah... word!

Woozie said...

I was afraid to even try, to be quite honest. The only mocktail I've ever had was some cranberry (I think) thing at the Hard Rock Cafe. Pretty good, except it was $12...came in a nice glass though.

At any rate, you you've never seen a mudpie or don't know what it is they sound pretty gross.

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Oh wow, you had 9 different languages on your previous post?! That is so awesome. Oh and I love the quote you have up. =)

amor said...

Yay! *virtual high five*

Nashe^ said...

@ Woo: I don't think I'd pay anything more than 10 bucks for a mocktail unless I'm depressed or filthy rich. Or something.

@ Mel: Yeah 9! XD

@ Amor: *^5*

floreta said...

i might have asked you before. are you fluent in tagalog??

Nashe^ said...

@ Floreta: Nah! Just a few words... Hahha.

unokhan said...

tok?

mkay, one of these days you will have to explain --perhaps in a scholarly paper-- the difference between a pidgin and a patois and between a jargon and an argot, and how any one language emerges as a lingua franca (the term itself is ironical, eh?)

Andhari said...

You left me message that got me so jealous, latinos in singapore? HOT, I currently am having a crush with this british filipino guy who lives in SG. Not funny, yo. I miss him a lot. lol

izan said...

Brilliant!

Nashe^ said...

@ Uno: But those differences have been explained by many sources already :-)
And yea, lingua franca.


@ Andhari: I know about the guy. HEH HEH. Lemme see!!

@ Izan: You know. x)

masth said...

just so u knw, yes, i damn well spotted NOGUT (anybody who has gone thru those lectures even by sleeping thru them for half a term wld hv noticed). xD

Hepburn Hilton said...

adao you speak 9 languages?? := That's impressive!!

Nashe^ said...

@ Masth: Diam lah! Heehee. Francesco will be so proud.

@ Carina: Not really! But I can understand :)

Anonymous said...

7? told yah, i'm not a linguist. in case you do the same blog again, give some incentive to the winner, a prize i guess... i'll make sure i win.

Anonymous said...

it's 9...i'm sorry my fingers seems to be typing on their own..

Nashe^ said...

@ John: Well the virtual high five satisfies most people!

HAHAHA it's okay my fingers type on their own many times too. :D

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Amélie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive