Ion Orchard

I took the above picture back in February 2008. In about 3 months time, that patch of unconstructed site will look something like this:



Impressive, no? What it will have: (Allow me to rattle off!) Louis Vuitton, Dior, Prada, D&G. All duplexes, a.k.a double-floors of bliss. YSL and Burberry will also be there, though not duplexed.

QUITE obviously, with the fiscal state I'm in right now, I am SO NOT READY for the opening of this supermega mall, so I'm pretty calm about all the aforementioned designers. (Okay, not very calm, but quiet enough) What I am excited about, though, is the fact that there will be stand-alone boutiques which have not been seen in Singapore. (They usually occupy minimal space within departmental stores) Anyhoo. Guess who's coming to town? *zomg I'm grinning like an idiot now*


It's Just... Cavalli. Just Cavalli!!

But no, not just Cavalli (Okay I should stop this pun). There'll also be DvF (wow I can hear squeals from Jakarta) and Dsquared which I'm seriously seriously excited about. And wait, did I mention Marc fricking Jacobs will be opening, too??

I forgot who it was, but someone asked me on my tagboard the other time about Marc Jacobs in Singapore, and I had to sadly respond that we do not have an MJ boutique here. Which sucks major couture ass. Well, looks like you can ask me again in 3 months, hunneh!

3 months.
July.
2 months into my vacation.
Doable.


And you..? What are you waiting for? Start making plans to come to Singapore. I'll be awaiting your arrival with minty bated breath and a map of the mall.


/No, I am not paid for advertising.

24 comments:

the girl in stiletto said...

me! me! me want to go!!!

fairuz said...

The architecture is friggin awesome lah...It's next to Wisma, rite?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for getting shinny excited. Now she won't stop blabbering to me abt Ion and Marc. -.-


and before both of you start plundering that place, please remember that the world is still is economic crisis.

-RD

putra said...

it's okay that you're not ready for it at the mo. the ion will still be standing when you earn the big money.

just wait a few years. doable :)

Liene said...

haha, you know what. your excitement is plain contagious. im feeling so happy over it when i didnt really really think about it much before. but you know, maybe we shall go crazy there on our 21st bday. just saying. like a major treat or something. hahaha.

masrois said...

yo planning for your 21st bday already?!! hahahah... ;D

nashe. deux etapes des bliss? j'aime ca aussi.

MARC JACOBS!!!!!

Nashe^ said...

@ Stiletto: COME!!

@ Fairuz: Yeah... haha.

@ Rayan: Okay, Dad. That is why I mentioned my fiscal state. ROFL. Anyway Shinny would have gotten excited on her own!

@ putra: doable. :))

@ Liene: That is, of course, entirely possible. Don't have to ask.

@ Masrois: Oui. Dan tolong SORTEZ dari sini sekarang!

floreta said...

wow that looks awesome!

Nashe^ said...

@ Floreta: It does, doesn't it! XD

izan said...

This entry made me smile, i can almost feel your enthu for this place...
I clicked on the link, and I must say! It's stunning! I know you're dying to live at Orchard residences now...

Anonymous said...

She gets excited on her own but your post made her noisy and girly. pweng lor.

-RD

Nashe^ said...

@ Izan: You know me well, boy :))

@ Rayan: Shinny has always been noisy and girly! Pwengxxx.

Anonymous said...

I am sooo going there.. me big fan of Dsquared. we dont have it here in Jakarta..

putra said...

i looked at the orchard residences too. bloody amazing. you should live there if you can't get a place in senci.

flashman said...

I went to Wisma Atria yesterday. Im sure u know this already but the ion is still hidden behind the adverts. I saw some people entering the site thru the wall of Orchard mrt. I don't know how to describe it.lol

Nashe^ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nashe^ said...

@ Nitya: Dsquared rocks! I'm so in love with their jackets. I don't want the brand to be too popular here, though. Haha.

@ putra: I know, right? I really should. I wouldn't rent it, I'd buy it. =)

@ Flashman: I think I know what you're talking about. I saw some business-y people entering the area through that 'secret' door at Orchard MRT. XD

masrois said...

Auda menghalau saya dari sini??! Tidak mengapa...sampai hati auda, Tu fait mon coeur chavirer.

(da saket x tau nak buat hal saket kan.)

Au fait, lis mon LJ si tu as le fois. teehee.

putra said...

AUDA??! hahahaha. well played.

Nashe^ said...

@ Masrois: Ya, untuk pengetahuan auda, saya amat tega mengusir auda dari sini!! Dan gw udah baca kok. Tu peux regarder le comment mntnt.
(This is a conversational turn ala Francesco.)

(Combien langues dans ce boite???)


@ putra: Auda mengalami sebarang kesusahan pabila membaca perkataan demikian? XD

Anonymous said...

i can totally, TOTALLY imagine you losing yourself at marc jakes.

Nashe^ said...

French, you don't say!

Gadfly said...

That pun just so missed me.

Big surprise there ;-)

Nashe^ said...

Gad, I forgive you :)

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Amélie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive