The 3 Stages of My Nights




Les temps sont durs pour les rêveurs.

Exams are coming up, and I have got to get more sleep than this.

God, I've been busy. Recording speeches, transcribing speeches, crafting conversations, transcribing conversations... I lost control of my tongue for a moment while interviewing someone in the soundproof room and pronounced 'vodka' as 'vodta'. I mean, wtf?

I like phonetics (or should I say, foʊnətɪks) but it can really drive me up the wall. It's a killer in disguise. Oh, transcribing words can be pretty fun (like how I just did) but when it comes to entire sentences and stuff, I start seeing Greek.


Big day tomorrow (today?). I have a major group poster presentation on Singapore English/Singlish in the morning, and a sociolinguistics test after that. Then I'm off to complete my resume. We're all made to start on our resumes and think of who we wish to work for a year before graduation.

That would mean I'm writing a resume which I might send to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs... in two years time. Yes, that's how we do it in NTU.

You don't have to ask- school is haunting me even in my dreams and my social life is grossly affected by all these. But as long as I have copious amounts of RedBull with me, I think I'll do alright.

ai ʃæl mɛk It θɾʊ θə ɾein!

--------------------------------------------------
Oh yeah, happy 21st birthday to my brother. Sorry bro, I have yet to get you a present.

22 comments:

masth said...

Bien sur, excellent. WE shall make it through the rain, ouai?

*searches for poncho*

Just make sure you dont drink red bull right before you knock off dude. HAHAH xD

the resume can go die. blearh.

Pinked said...

I'm being haunted by my up and coming exam in my dreams too, so I feel you on the pressure, goodluck!

Nashe^ said...

@ Masth: tu ʃɛɾʃ tɔⁿ pontʃo sə swa??

ah, wɪ. wi: ʃæl mɛk It θɾʊ lə pluɨ ̃ɔⁿsɔmbl!

AMEK KAU.


@ PLP: Thank you! Much appreciated. =)

masth said...

I'M NOT GOING TO TALK TO YOU ANYMORE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. HMMMMPH.

(just so u knw, i knocked my head on the edge of the table trying to stifle my laugh. ton fault yaw.)

Andhari said...

hahaha you overachiever NTU students, my brain cant take it the insides would be curled up :P

ps. I like how you use cartman for examples :P

izan said...

I have NO IDEA what you just wrote in your comment response up there...

Good luck with everything, babe. No stress no stress no stress... I wanna see you being a diplomat to the philippines in 5 years time okey? SEE YOU.

Nashe^ said...

@ Masth: Pokwa? LOL OMG nous sommes les meilleures, fo shizzle.


@ Lolita: Haha... No way am I overachieving! Trust me on this one. I'm scraping through most of it. XD


@ Izan: That was written in phonetic script, but even if you read phonetics you wouldn't get it coz the language is in French. LMAO.

justyn said...

OMFS that looks so freeeaking cool, hello!

I so have to learn phonetics too!

Are those like the fonts in dictionaries? So so cool. :)))
And your cartman is cute, girl. Especially the 3rd one :)

putra said...

hang tight, bb. damn straight redbull gives you wings!

woah, give me another phrase in phonetics. looks like some cool shit.

Anonymous said...

you seriously can all do those multi-tasking? awesomeeeee... btw, don't drin redbull too much.. it can seriously affected your stomach.

Nashe^ said...

@ Justyn: Yes, dictionaries... =) I like the third Cartman, too!

@ putra: ai mɪs ju vɛri mɑʈʃ.

@ Nitia: Yeah, it's really bad for me especially since I have a liver problem. LOL. But I NEED it!

floreta said...

good luck on everything! wish i were in school. haha. ferreal.

Ortega said...

Waakaka. GREEK!

h0pe you don't get too busy. Must take a chill pill once in a while...

Nashe^ said...

BTW guys, I think Cartman has cute feet.


@ Floreta: Ferrealz? That's what every working person says, so I'm trying to enjoy being a student right now. :)

@ Ortega: I hope I keep that in mind, O. Thanks.

masth said...

ses pieds sont mignon??
*regarde*
ah oui oui. tu as raison.

kthxbai.

Nashe^ said...

MASTH. I WILL KILL YOU AND POKE YOUR EYES SO MANY TIMES TOMORROW, YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO REGARDE ANYTHING POUR UNE SEMAINE.

putra said...

i wasn't looking at his feet.... but now that you've mentioned it, i can't stop laughing at his toes.

flol. miss you too.

Rahul Jain said...

It seems, circling the earth is much more easier than doing these stuffs.
My way is better,
morning off for jogging,
noon to evening for college,
evening to night for blogging,
and midnight - early morning for partying.
You'll be wondering when I sleep, I sleep during college hours.. lol..

heloise said...

So cute!

I hope you don't overwork yourself (",)

Nashe^ said...

@ putra: FLOL back atcha.

@ Rahul: If only I could... I would've!

@ Heloise: I hope for that too, really. Hahaha.

BrightBoy said...

I'm stressed over school, too. My worries center mostly on housing and the fact that I'm not sure what I want to do after I graduate (which for me will likely be two years off despite the fact that I'm a Junior).

Nashe^ said...

Don't know what to do after graduation? It's okay, we're all in the same boat! =)

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Amélie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive