La Shopahogeek


Spectrograms.

These Richter-scale looking graphs are quite possibly the bane of my humble existence as a student of phonology, along with Syllabary Rules. Don't you just hate it when something useful (and somewhat cool) is hard to learn?


Anyway, things have been hectic. Aside from getting bulldozed by endless research projects and assignments, I've also been getting emails from a dozen people about my previous post, asking for more information since the Ion's website doesn't reveal much. Yes, the Ion Orchard is set to be one heck of an amazing place and I'm glad to have gotten many people excited about it as well. Sorry for not replying to each and every one; I've been ultra-busy as I said.


Unfortunately, though, my knowledge of the Ion is very limited. I mean, the place isn't even fully built yet, much less opened. Give me some time, guys! Retailers might change and whatever. But I do believe Zara, Topshop/Topman and Miu Miu to be confirmed tenants, just so you know (Why I am mentioning Miu Miu in the same breath as Topshop, I have no idea).

The Ion is slated to house not-so-popular-in-Singapore brands like Thomas Sabo, Uniqlo and Christian Audigier, too (If you find his name familiar, he's the dude who designed some stuff for Naf Naf/Ed Hardy). My superclassy Communication Skills professor will be happy to know that her beloved Salvatore will also be there (I'm real excited for her, zomfg).


In other news...

I got myself a crush to take my mind off the stress of academia. (Yes, it's a lil deliberate.) It's been friggin years since I had a crush, hello. I miss being infatuated with people and not haute couture. I have no idea what his name is, I just know he's always in a sweater no matter the weather. And according to a reliable source, he's indonesian, and part of the NTU indo/Muslim society.


It can be pretty easy, actually, to tell the indonesian guys apart from the rest of the Malay dudes around my campus.

Firstly, they'll be in relatively large groups while the Singaporean Malay guys hang in twos or threes. (There aren't many Malay guys to begin with.) They'll also be the people who talk unnecessarily loudly and laugh as if LV is on sale. They either look pious, thuggish, studious, or plain uninterested. Whatever it is, they don't look boring.

Au fait.

The best part about this whole deal is, the dude's not even hot! He's just a moody, broody character whose voice I've never even heard. I would not say he's dashing at all, but for some reason he's getting to me. I just find him.. I dunno.. mysterious? Like a Sergio Rossi shoe box lying unopened in a corner. Or maybe it's just me and my compulsion to unravel mysteries and *ahem* undress things I want to understand.


I wonder what's lying beneath that grey sweater.

26 comments:

izan said...

LOL how can you be sure he won't care if he knows? LOL. At least let him know you're alive! =D

izan said...

Btw, the next time i come to the Lion City, you bring me to the Ion aite?

But please dont drag me into any store called Christian audigier. The name sounds scarily pricey.

Nashe^ said...

@ Izan: Oh, he does know I'm alive. Heh heh. And I'll be glad to take you to frickin' Topman if that makes you happier :)

masrois said...

i bet you anything your communication skills tutor would be as cool as a chilled cucumber if she hears abt salvatore. YOU are the one who wld be jumping ard doing jigs ard the bonfire or smthg. (bonfire???)

and au fait aussi.whats lying underneath that grey sweater??? i bet u again it's his red t-shirt. nyahahah

Nashe^ said...

@ Masrois: But it's a SEXY red shirt, you see. And beneath that... uhh... yes.

Liene said...

Hahaha.
I bet you, under his grey sweater is six packs.

Okay, just trying to put some thoughts in your head.

putra said...

or maybe it's just you and your tendency to look in the direction of every indo guy around. just sayin ;-)

i can't think of any reason why he wouldn't care if he knew you liked him. hoho.

ps; babe, my brova loves thomas sabo.

Anonymous said...

Hello. Can I have your email address, please. I'll be traveling to Singapore in september. Thks

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

oh wow...a new crush huh? well that's always interesting... yey. =)by the way, my boyfriend's back from singapore. he says the place is really beautiful. He also went to sentosa. This july I will probably visit the place with my family. =)

Nashe^ said...

@ Liene: Always appreciated. :))

@ putra: Tell him, "Good choice, Kak eddy." XD

And thanks for "just sayin". You may be right.


@Anonymous: Do refer to my profile on the sidebar.

@ Chinky: Having a vacay here?? Supercool. Just give me a buzz if you lose your way around town (or something)!

masrois said...

SIX PACKS????!!!!!!!

*beaucoup rire et mort*

Ortega said...

I actually recognize the name Christian Audigier lmao.....I can feel your enthusiasm/excitement! Haha! Good that the 'crush' knows u are alive. But its not that easy to track people down when ur in college is it? The schedules are always changing and things like that.... Good luck!

amor said...

If you don't find him attractive (physical) or not the least your type...ahhh..love, perhaps?

anyway, go girl! something worth a distraction is always a-OK, lol.

Anonymous said...

My colleague was asking if the ion will have any jewellery shops. lol, don't ask why. I SMS you abt it, why you never reply...?

-RD

Nashe^ said...

@ Masrois: Bye.

@ Ortega: Thank you. You're so right, I have no clue what his timetable is like! I just know where he and his homies hang on Thursdays. =(

@ Amor: Love, eh? I'm not going there! XD

@ Rayan: I was sleeping. Hoho. Anyway tell your colleague there'll be Cartier!!

The tai-tai (wannabe) said...

Thomas Sabo is very popular here in the Netherlands... hihihi I secretly wish that nico will give me one charm every time we meet until the day he proposes me... huahauha...well, it's not gonna happen though!! *yawn*

(T) (H) (B) said...

Ion looks like trash now. An eyesore actually but I know it will be beautttttiiiiiiful when it is completed.

justyn said...

Spectro-what?? Looks so medical. haha.

I checked out Uniqlo. Woohoo they have some pretty cute things! And this is prolly the first time I see you talking about Topshop. Lol! =p

justyn said...

One more thing, any chance we get to see a picture of the dude? Hehe, sneakily taken!

Nashe^ said...

@ Eunice: LOL! Be patient...but yes the charms are pretttyyy.

@ THB: I know! The walls and all... I forgot how the place looked like before the construction.

@ Just: Haha, yea, I don't talk about Topshop a lot. And oh, no pictures okay!

The Demigoddess said...

What a cool idea! I'm gonna find me a crush to take my mind off being unemployed.

heloise said...

I pass by the ion construction site almost every day before i moved back to france! Opening in july and i won't be there... sob sob. Go shopping on my behalf, my friend! =p

Nashe^ said...

@ Demigoddess: I hope your little crush won't turn into an obsession.. unless you want it to! Hohoho.


@ Helo: No problemo :D

GagayMD said...

haie nashe! just dropping back here..anyway, i am inviting you to vote for me here..thank you nashe!!hapy blogging!

Anonymous said...

no way.. I never thought that indonesian guy may attract singaporean. LOL.

Nashe^ said...

@ Gagay: I'll check it out.

@ Nit: It has happened more than once, trust me. Heh heh.

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Amélie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive