Ayo Berpesta / Post-exam Ramblings
My exams are over! One year down, three more to go, baybeh.
The phonetics & phonology exam was the last paper. I'm uber glad to be rid of it (at least for the next 3-4 months; I hope I don't have to take the advanced course next year). Honestly, y'all. I have never felt like breaking down while studying for an exam. I mean, I actually shed tears for this subject! It was simply a horrible process, to put it mildly.
My self-esteem is further ruined after completing the exam itself.. but whatever. One of the biggest nightmares of Year #1 is done with.
Learning phonology has really changed my life in so many ways, god. I've become a compulsive transcriber, mentally transcribing words that sound weird and stuff. I think I'll go mad if I have a kid who can't pronounce certain words. I'll be thinking about the position of his glottis and the state of his velum. "Your tongue should touch the alveolar ridge, dammit! Not the hard palate!!"
I can so imagine.
In other words, the subject has effectively made me a closet freak. Now's the time to start regaining my saner side, so my future children won't grow up abused.
So... what? Start shopping like a badass? Hit the beach and stone? Go back to streetdance with my fellow dance bunnies at Esplanade? Resume Muay Thai at Tanglin? Go on a sleepover rampage? Movie marathons?
Live with my cousin in Perth? Follow my aunt to Taiwan? Stay at my grandparents' place in Malaysia? Chill at Phuket? Fly to Jakarta? Man don't you just love Asia.
There's always that option of staying put and getting a temp job, of course. HOW VERY TEMPTING AND PRACTICAL, I KNOW.
Sigh. Due to my excellent thrifty nature in the past (heh), I can't say I'm in desperate need of money but having some extra fatwads of cash lying around would help so much. I don't wanna bum around for months, like I did after my 'O' Levels. If only I had thousands of bucks at my disposal, I would spend the 3 months travelling in the most kickass way possible.
But I don't. Evidemment.
The supreme lack of concrete plans is irking me a little. As much as I want to get some extra work experience within the 3 months, a part of me feels that it's just not worth my effort. It'll be nice to just kick back and do random stuff.
Speaking of random stuff...
The Nashty
- Nashe^
- Twenty7 and not much hotter. Looking for my happily ever after.
Be a Baller and Join My Twitterazzi
Or Click Here to Ask Me Dirty Questions
Mantra of The Moment
Stalking Me Yet?
Followers
Stuff I REALLY Want
- Love in the first degree
- A Trip to North Africa
- A brain scan/ fMRI
- All books by Belinda Jones
- All books by Rachel Gibson


15 comments:
HAHA. You dont really have to make plans. There'll be people who will be already asking you out and stuffs. Just hang on, yaw. Later, the problem would be deciding on which plans. Lawl. Just give it two days, and you'll see what I mean.
Go back to streetdance of course!!!!
COME HERE I'M WAITING!!!
@ Mel: I highly doubt so! But ho well.
@ Fai: I feel so detached from that scene already :(
You deserve more than that for posing that way! LOL. Nicely done tho.
Going back to streetdance and muay thai are definitely my picks. Dont make me jealous aiite. You guys go back to doing all that and I'm stuck here. Bleahh.
oh so cute, ga bisa angz.
i agree with izan. start the movie marathon instead. heh.
Xmen origins? game set match. lets roll.
I could do with a few wads of personal cash myself! And happy holidays!!!!
The picture's cool in an artsy way, love the clothes!
Nash nash... that face is begging to be punched. xD go sleepover ah. Don't need to travel, just watch DVDs all day,that's life.
-RD
Hihihi..I am so in love with your pose... hihihi you nailed it (if your goal is to look like a retard) xD just kidding sweetie... I am so happy for you, your exam is over... yiayyy...!!!
I suggest you take a rest because you deserve some.
u soooo deserve now to do something extraordinary. there must be extraordinary things u can do without "fatwads of cash" (love the way you made a blend word there)
you've been under a shocking degree of academic pressure -- so, whatever you do, make sure it involves a bit of recklessness and no great responsibility.
i hope you were able to get up off the floor unassisted ;-)
hahaha enjoy your hols babe. like, make it a summer you'll never forget. i don't get anymore summer break from now on :( sad!
@ Izan: Nobody said you couldn't get your ass back here :)
@ putra: Rolling!
@ PLP: LULZ thanks! Wasn't going for artsy though :D
@ Rayan: I'll have to talk to Kumaran about that, heh.
@ Eunice: Yeah! It's time to break out the bacardi. LOL
@ Amor: ...but there's only so much rest I can take.. Haha.
@ Uno: Yeaap. Just gotta think of what I really wanna do for now. Delighted to tell you that I was unassisted :)
@ Ejannz: Don't be... You're off to PARIS!!
Congrats on finishing the exam with a sane mind. =)
Hope u have lots n lots of fun no matter what, sounds like you deserve a good break!
is it just me or everyone is really having an exam day? good luck babee!
@Flaz: Thanks! I have too many things I wanna do =\
@ Nitya: Bully for everyone else :-)
Post a Comment