Defects schmefects.
I realized that there's a great number of disabled people milling around the train station near my school. Not to be disrespectful, but there are physically impaired people almost everywhere I turn. It's just a tad overwhelming coz obviously, you don't see that many disabled people in one place.
I spotted about four people who had leg abnormalities and a couple of blind folks. There are people in wheelchairs, crutches, and even one old man riding this motor contraption which looks either like a giant cleaning machine or a single-seater golf buggy. Driving it, really. And then there's that weird-looking guy who kept staring at me. I felt like asking him what his problem was, until I realized that he was cross-eyed. So maybe he wasn't even looking at me after all.
This is a pretty new thing for me, noticing physically impaired people. It might seem strange, but I don't normally notice people's bodily defects unless it has that Chernobyl quality or it's pushed into my face.
I've had a disabled neighbour for about five years, but never knew that she was disabled until my brother told me "I bumped into that disabled girl today".
There was also this girl from my junior college who had some abnormality with regard to her body proportions, and I only knew about it when my friends pointed to her in a conversation one day, and labeled her "yang cacat, kaki pendek", which means "the disabled one, with short legs". The whole school had noticed her yet all I could say was, "Oh you mean she's disabled?" All the while I thought she just naturally looked funny. Turns out, her condition is partially severe.
Then there was the time I saw a guy posing in the middle of the entrance of Armani Exchange, blocking the way. I was kinda like "What type of retarded pose is that and who are you posing for anyway?" Turns out, he was seriously disabled and couldn't walk anywhere near properly. He was (apparently) waiting for his mom (I presume) who was paying for something in the store, and was having difficulty picking up something he dropped at the entrance. I was horrified when I found out two seconds later. Thank goodness he was a tourist who didn't understand English.
And I'll never forget the time I saw a woman with a weird-looking baby in a stroller, and remarked to the GFF, "Her kid looks like he has some funky shit going on, you know, like Down's Syndrome." Turns out, he did. I felt like drowning myself. This happened more than once.
I just don't seem to have a very good grasp of disabilities or deformities, for some reason. Therefore you can't say that I judge people based on their physical appearances (sans clothing?), especially with the impaired community. I just see them as normal people who look funny. Of course, it's a different matter if you're physically fine but dress like a shit.
Oh yes. My life is currently still pathetic and boring, by the way.
Don't get me wrong. It's not that I'm not happy; I am! I have so many great things around me. But maybe this 3-month hiatus from shopping wasn't such a great idea after all. 3 months is (was?) definitely ambitious of me, but it's something I want to try.
What a blah, though. I haven't bought anything in like, 4 weeks (?!?) and it's making me cranky and completely uninspired.
Help.
The Nashty
- Nashe^
- Twenty7 and not much hotter. Looking for my happily ever after.
Be a Baller and Join My Twitterazzi
Or Click Here to Ask Me Dirty Questions
Mantra of The Moment
Stalking Me Yet?
Followers
Stuff I REALLY Want
- Love in the first degree
- A Trip to North Africa
- A brain scan/ fMRI
- All books by Belinda Jones
- All books by Rachel Gibson

18 comments:
I cannot believe i read all that. Downs syndrome is funky shit? LMAO!!
Dammit! My workplace blocks blogspot now.. =(
Anyways, that was really funny. I hope you don't get cursed by any of those impaired ones!
I wasn't aware you were on shopping hiatus, babe. 4 weeks now!?That's strong of you. :)
@ Zenith: Well, sometimes, words escape us!
@ J: I KNOW. 4 weeks now, it seems like years. LULz, I hope so too.
(ZOMG there's been another accident on the road outside my window two seconds ago! That makes it the third time this month. I'm tellin ya... February sucks.)
Maybe that means you're truly pure-hearted deep down...you don't judge as much as you think u do.
I find the downs syndrome thing extremely funny. You're such an ass. Cute, but an ass nonetheless. Hahahaha.
(What happened in the accident? Anythang serious?)
lol funky shit. yang cacat kaki pendek, nash?! that's mean of your buddies but yeah what's new, right.
the shopping hiatus is definitely affecting you. you always seem to lose your mojo whenever you tell me you stop shopping.
I think it's great that your senses aren't attuned to noticing people's disabilities. There are less opportunities to be confronted with questions like why God had to be so unfair.
@ Izan: Yes, I'm a cute ass. -.-"
The accident today was caused by some ball rolling down the hill and onto the road. A few scratches on both cars when the first one tried avoiding it. Sigh.
@ french: Yeah man, I know. And I hate feeling uninspired. :(
@ Demigoddess: Hey you're right. It just kinda sucks sometimes coz I can seem like an insensitive airhead! =\
I felt like asking him what his problem was, until I realized that he was cross-eyed. So maybe he wasn't even looking at me after all.
BWWAAARHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!
So now you know... stay away from BLMRT station when you're pregant.. kalau tak BAYI DALAM KANDUNGAN pun terkena nanti. Hhahaha. Oh you know what I mean.
wahahaha. good point there. especially if you want your kid to turn out like bebe isaac! ;)
and oh, bb you're probably asleep now. i just sent you one heckuva bloody long email. will take you ten months to finish reading it, so i hope you start soon.
by nature you're a gambler who takes calculated risks, and u r gambling that boredom will bear fruit.
i am lmao at one of the paragraphs (and im pretty sure you know which one). mean galz la kats kan. hahahahaha.
@ Fai: YES I get what you mean! Although I nearly died at your BAYI DLM KANDUNGAN. Hahaha... I will be far far away from Boon Lay, I hope.
@ putra: I got it. Read it. LOL-ed at it. Will totally reply -stat- ^^
@ Uno: Maybe you're right?
@ Hamz: Yeah you x perls bils I yang ane! But it's still funny when I think about it. Damn man, I was clueless.
I feel you. No shopping will make me grumpy too, now I'm grumpy for having such a bad friday and saturday night.
@ Lolita: Or so I heard. At least you'll have a great time with your mom later. :^)
4 weeks of no shopping?! OMG! and you're doing this because??? hehehehe...hmmm about the disability thingy...
i found this quote,
"I was sad because I had no shoes, until I saw a man who had no feet."
So anyways...how was your weekend sweetie?
@ Chinky: My weekend was surprisingly good, thanks :))
Post a Comment