Saklolo ako!

So I slept over at my aunt's the last few days... My cousin slept over too. Pretty fun. We picked up where we left off the few days before that, getting familiar with different languages. I dived deeper into French while she soaked up Tagalog. And so far, the only Tagalog phrase sticking firmly to memory is "Saklolo ako!!" ie; "Help me!" Haha... We say it like some holy mantra. Screaming "Saklolo ako!!" while the computer was jamming didn't really help a shit, but...ah well.

Then it was already 9.30pm or something one night, when we had the craving for pasarmalam food. So we told our aunt that we're leaving, and another aunt(who was dropping by) advised us not to walk under the MRT track, but walk the longer route near the roadside instead. "Dah gelap tau! Nanti tak tau jer kain pelekat keluar dari tepi!"

God! I'm not fantastic with translations but it would mean like "It's already dark! You never know when some kain pelekat might jump out at you from the side!"

And FYI, a kain pelekat is like the usual sarong thingamajig that the Bangladeshi workers wear around their waists with a shirt, walking around at night. So basically it's to warn us against being jumped by some pitchblack-dark Bangla rapist or robber whom we might not spot under the night sky.

Oui, merci pour l'advice. The elders' advice comes in many forms... and I guess I listen better when it's in the form of a funny scenario. I can totally imagine the Bangla jumping out at us from the bushes and we'd just yell "Saklolo ako!!!" but still have to run for our lives coz I doubt anyone nearby would understand Tagalog.

When we got home, my cousin somehow managed to dig out some old photo albums my aunt kept at the bottom of a cupboard, before we went to bed. Going thru those shizzle was a riot. I was such a...superficial lil asshole.
There were like ten photos of me when I was 1-5 years old, hanging on the arms of different hot guys. And one showed me crying madly when some dodo-looking feller carried me. It's just too much to take, I swear.
Now I know, the superficial part of me must be GENETIC! I COULD NOT have thought such thoughts when I was a mere toddler... It's totally inborn-- I prefer getting close to good-lookers and do not dig fugly people! That's all there is to it...

Figures why my friends are mostly hotstuff... ahakz!!

anyway...


You Should Learn French

C'est super! You appreciate the finer things in life... wine, art, cheese, love affairs.
You are definitely a Parisian at heart. You just need your tongue to catch up...

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Amélie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive