1,2,3, JUMP!

So... The newspaper reported that one JC boy jumped from a building, killing himself(ok, duh.) Guess what the reason was..? He's insecure about the size of his erm, private parts. His mom said so. (He confided in her, saying its too small) Woah. What is the world (or rather, S'pore,) coming to?

Boy to Mom: I don't think my p*nis is of the right size, Mum... Therefore, I shall kill myself.

???????? wha...???
Shit, I'm not getting this! Damn, I think he watched too much western p0rn or something, to get mislead by this kind of thing. Sighz. I'm so not disrespecting his death or whatever but, honestly... Dear Boy's soul, please do not haunt me after this ok? I'm totally sympatico and I'm just telling you that I think you did a very rash thing. And about the p0rn, you shoulda watched Asian ones, then you wouldn't have felt that inferior. But if you didn't dig p*rn, then err, like, uhm, whatever; just don't haunt me.

Actually, dear people, this isn't the first JC student to commit the big S. It's the third (3rd!!) case my humble self has heard of. The first I knew of was the kid killing himself coz (s)he didn't get into the JC of his choice. Trust me, it can become a wild race for places sometimes among post-O'level students, to get into the JC of their choice. In the few weeks following release of the exam results, there will be queues after queues in JCs. Many wanting to opt out of the given JC, and many more wanting to enrol in it.
In the case where you desperately want to be in a certain JC, you can appeal to the Principal himself...and stuff like that. But if you ain't good nuff..then sorry, dude. Just gotta stick ya ass in one of the other 15 JCs with sufficient places. And in the case of this poor chap/chapette, the JC did not accept the appeal.
So once again class, what do you do when you don't get into your dream school? Yeah, you kill yourself, of course. Solves every damn thing doesn't it?


2nd unfortunate dude? An exam-stressed guy. Poor thing, that one. I suppose stress can really take a toll on your psyche. He jumped down, too. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. He might have needed a girlfriend, I don't know. Dude, life can be rough. Shoulda been a man and sucked it up.

Bottomline, a total of three (3!!) JC kids intentionally ended their lives within the first 4 months of 2006. Amazing. Simply amazing. It's so amazing, it boggles the mind. I feel like telling these guys, The people in say, Africa and Afghanistan can be considered exceptionally lucky if they can have both parents alive, ,a roof over their heads, a good education, and live up till their teens in a famine-stricken environment. And here YOU are, -with your XboX 360, two wealthy parents and 6 meals a day-thinking that your unsuccessful enrolment, flunked exam and failed relationships are fine reasons to end your life.


Boy/Girl, you aint even twenty. Your wonderful life's just BEGINNING. All the clubbing, crapping, pranks(oops), laughter, friends, family and bittersweet experiences. What the fcuk would you end it for? I'm only 17, but i'd give anything to be 12 or 13 again. No stupid boyfriend or exam is worth giving up my life- No matter how shitty it may be at times.
Life's like a box of chocolates, remember? We never know what we might get, but check it- its still chocolate!

22 comments:

Vengelyne said...

Holy cow! This kitten knows her p0rn! And she can differentiate between Western and Asian ones too...!!!

Hebat betol lah you nie. Rasanya I pon kena belajar dari you dah. =P

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Nashe,
This was some great writing. You are wise beyond your young years, dear heart. :-)

Some people are emotionally unstable, and it only takes a few simple things to push them over the edge. I live in a much bigger country, so I hear of many, many more people taking their lives. It's so sad, the potential that is wasted. Some of those unfortunate ones might have been the ones to discover a cure for cancer, or AIDS, or to invent a cheap, clean-burning fuel......Who knows what the world is missing by their loss.

I love your funny, humorous side, but I suspected there was more than just fluff in that pretty head. I'm enjoying seeing the serious, thinking side of you, too. Good job.

Anonymous said...

so..so...
Funny reason to end ones lives...

Nashe^ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nashe^ said...

@Vengelyne: HAHA!! all educated people have to know the difference, right? Hahaha...
aiya, V; you arh.. talk like you yourself cannot differentiate like that! think i donnoe izzit! hehe



@Nasir: It's all in the mind i suppose...

Anonymous said...

hw come i did not read anything abt the JC deaths in the papers ah

Anonymous said...

yo....adrian here. Nurun, i promise you i will not kill myself coz of the 24/100 i got for ma A-Maths test. (too cool) omg im so pathetic. but nvm. i promise ok!Adrian CJX will not kill himself, coz he owes nurun two bucks. damn! kekekekeke

ps- u going to her house on fri ar?

Nashe^ said...

@Diane: Yeah i know. Its such a waste of God's gifts, dont u think? Pity...
it's just sad how they think they don't matter to anyone around them- how it won't affect others if they take their life. And they're college kids. So much more to live for! sighs. Just too bad. =(

Nashe^ said...

@hmmmm : Then you haven't been reading hard en0ugh! huhuheux. Actually, dear hmmmm, some of the cases are only leaked to JC teachers & students, not meant for public. So that might explain why you haven't gotten wind of it.
=)




@Adrian: U got a 24/100? Swell! Ahakz.. and i can't even remember that u owe me $2..wth.
And yeah, i be trippin HER place this Fri. with Jib.

Vengelyne said...

Nurun... I really dunno mah. Why watch when there's real action? =D Hahah... Besides, I'm uneducated; hence, the extra reason not to know!!! *bats eyelashes angelically*

Nashe^ said...

Oh.my.god.

Vengelyne, u have successfully left me speechless.
haha.

Betul ke ade real action? I want to see!!! who's the star? hehehee

-Horny Kitten

Vengelyne said...

Sorry, girl, you're underaged. Contact me again when you're... say, 21? I don't wanna get into trouble cos of a minor, ya know?

-- Angelic Vengelyne *wipes slightly tarnished halo* ;-)

Neha said...

just heard a news abt a girl jumping from her school building cause she was scolded.. it's so sad!! how can somebody do this.. i hv a feeling there has to be more to it.. y wud somebody end their life like this..

The Stiltwalker said...

I'm going to give up my life if I see another news flash about tomkat, angelina jolie's babies, soon to be paying alimony jessica simpson, lindsay lohan in car crashes or if britney is pregnant. What happened to real news???

Nashe^ said...

@Venge : oh please...! c'mon vengelyne..im 17!! thats like so old..
and Halo? WHAT halo? hahaha...



@Neha: yeah i suppose there is more to it, but what's the need to end a life, rite?
Ps; i emailed you. =)


@Stiltwalker : hell yeah! especially tomkat and Brangelina... enough of it, eyh? hehe..
maybe "Real" news aint as real as it was before.

and btw, I've linked you, Stilt.
=)



@ noagenosexnocity: What AboUt westerners? hehehe...i dare not comment! haha
*winkz*

Vengelyne said...

*points to halo above my head* THAT halo!

Anonymous said...

What an odd news story. Sad story, at that. What a reason to kill yourself over. If that were a reason to do that, I would have been dead a long time ago. :-)

Seriously, though, I'm sure there was a lot of other stress in his life that lead to this and he didn't know where to turn. I just can't see that being the only reason.

Nashe^ said...

@Mike : yeah. i guess for many of them, certain stuff mount up to one huge problem...suddenly its the last straw and they feel like they just HaVE to kill themselves.

Anonymous said...

Nurun doesnt dig porn0.
- khane

The Individualist said...

lol @ the difference between western and asian porn.
Well, even though it borders near mocking almost through the entire post, the bottomline is the message you are trying to convey. And am sure you don't have to hear it from me that it is right. It bloody hell is. It's sad that these kids don't realise the difference between a life and a failure. No man or woman is without failures. From Mahatma Gandhi, Margaret Thatcher, Winston Churchill to every being that ever set foot on this planet. If everybody of them had committed suicides after an irrelevant little effect inducing failure, greatness would not have been accomplished. And yes. An exam failure. A failed relationship. All of these fall into the little-effect-inducing-failures, when compared to the effect life, in its full splendor can have.

Raghav said...

u have been tagged
1. Come up with 8 different points of your perfect lover.
2. Mention the sex of the target.
3. Tag 8 victims to join this game and leave a comment on their comments saying they’ve been tagged.
4. If tagged the 2nd time, there’s no need to post again (merci merci!)

Nashe^ said...

@the individualist : Deep, man. way deep... and i totally back thou up. We ust be strong, eyh?


@raghav : i have been tagged, raghav... and why didn't u answer my email..?!?

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Amélie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive