Alrighty then (Part Deux)

Some of you may remember, I became the sole sponsor for D to stay in Singapore last month.

The events following that occasion haven't made the summer blockbuster that Ric had thought it might be but I suppose there has been some inneresting stuff that's happened since then.

The most "interesting" episode, I guess, was when D and I were having drinks with a couple of mutual friends one night (These drinking sessions don't happen often, just FYI). In any case, we all lost track of time, got a bit plastered and stayed out later than we'd intended.

After which D insisted, not for the first time, on sending me to my doorstep to make sure I got home safe (aww..). I had a massive headache and didn't argue much with the decision. We got a cab and Taylor Swift's 'Love Story' was playing on the radio. I said "Hey, it's my favourite song!"

It isn't.

I don't know why I said that; especially when no one was expecting me and my tipsy brain to make any conversation. But D replied "I don't know the song very well but it's a song I wanna hear while holding your hand."

Okay. Just... okay.

So he held my hand, even though we were sitting on either side of the taxi.

But two minutes later I had my head on his shoulder and his cheek in my hair, and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't the nicest feeling in the world.


8 comments:

putra said...

“They slipped briskly into an intimacy from which they never recovered.” - F Scott Fitzgerald

just leavin this here.

Nashe^ said...

Aren't you always the smart one, Elwi... :}

Ricademus said...

Ooooh my! Intimate moments like that are rare. Those are moments of the heart and mean so much more than our, well, um, more primative impulses.

I'm smiling for you my friend!

PS - Thanks for the shout out. I just put up a post that makes me look like a jerk, so the timing is perfect--I hate it when people think I'm nice. :)

justyn said...

Awww girl! This ISSS the summer blockbuster! We just haven't got to the credits yet lol :P

Ortega said...

What Rick said. its always estos pequeños momentos that make up the best memories.

trust me ;)

Nashe^ said...

Come on, you guys. :D

amor said...

I bet the feeling is mutual. (sigh)
Can't wait for Part Trois!

Pinked said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww <3 that is a nice feeling

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Am&eacute;lie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive