23 and invincible

March is the month I treat myself to ridiculous amounts of good food and unnecessary shopping, simply because it's my birthmonth. And the celebrations never seem to end, seeing how I have 3 other family members celebrating their birthdays this month, too.

Speaking of birthdays, I never blogged about my 23rd birthday, did I?

My friends took me out to a Moroccan restaurant on the eve of my birthday, and surprised me with a huge bag of presents. Haha. I've been dying to try the restaurant; haven't had authentic Moroccan cuisine before.


Chicken M'hammar

Chicken tajine, beef kefta + couscous

I had a birthday messkouta!

Yes, everything was délicieux. Doesn't seem like much, but it was a fabulous night. :D

So that messkouta was the last thing I ate as a 22 year old baller! On my birthday itself, I thought I should do something nice for myself (duh) so I got up early and spent the morning working out like a raving bunny at home. Endorphins are definitely one of the better gifts to my 23 year old body. Then I spent the afternoon in town with my brother, my parents and godparents (MAN I'm Asian).

Of course, I had two other mini-fêtes with some other friends after my birthday. One at a Vietnamese restaurant and another at Canelé. Got food presents in the form of homemade muffins and Belgian waffle crisps, which I have been addicted to since 2009.

Straberry shortcake at Canelé

So yeah, turning 23 was a calm, happy affair. Only good, clean, alcohol-free fun this year, and I ain't even mad.

Sure I miss clubbing and taking birthday shots with the GFF (who's still in OZ), getting hammered with people I've known only days, getting air-kissed by strangers wishing happy birthday... but when I think about it, it's all pretty much been there, done that, bought the tshirt. Birthday partying's fun (you get free shit!) but while I'll celebrate other people's birthdays that way, I wouldn't do it for my own.

Have a magnificent rest of March, mes amis!
~~


Now I'm 23 and invincible
Got the world figured out
and the bird on my shoulder told me
Everything's gonna be alright
Yeah everything's gonna be alright.
~BLG

8 comments:

Ricademus said...

It sounds like it was a wonderful birthday...one day out of what will be a wonderful life.

PS - Dear Trinty, About my siblings, there's still time to fix things--I'm supposed to have brunch with them tomorrow. If I wake up to remember always having being an only child, that would be great. And thank you for having Nashe be one of the 6! =)

justyn said...

Happy belated, nashe! I know sent you a message but *hehe* I like wishing people happy birthday!

The food looks good I've never tried moroccan food before... :9

putra said...

i remember the belgian waffle crisps!!!! xD

krissy ♥ said...

Glad it was a fun celebration. Oops, celebrations :)

I'd like a bite of that shortcake, please?

Erleene said...

Ahhh, Happy belated birthday! Sounds like a very mellow and happy time. I need to try some Moroccan food, looks delish!

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Belated happy birthday my dear! May you have a fab 23rd year!

Nikolett said...

Happy belated birthday, lovely lady! Welcome to the year of being 23! (I only have a few months left of it, but it's not too shabby). And I like that you spent in a good, relaxing way - it looks like amazing food and I'm glad you had fun! Hope you have an incredible year :D

amor said...

belated happy birthday, Nashe!

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Amélie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive