Live, Love, Laugh, Eat. A lot.

The way my August started was so boomzy, I don't know how I'm gonna survive the banality of the next couple of weeks. As mentioned in my previous post, I was slated to attend a whole bunch of events.

In any case, these are some of the pictures taken before everyone's camera batteries went dead.

Smoked duck with cheddar cheese and brava sauce @ the BBQ

Paella, made by my Barcelona-inspired chef cousin

Birthday boy Adam with his mom & sister


And then there was Honeymustard's surpise party held at an Egyptian restaurant downtown. There was a lot of deception involved in convincing her to come to this place but it was all worth it in the end when the curtains were pulled back (by her own parents, who were supposed to be at work). Birthday girl started crying. This is why you need waterproof mascara.

"What the..!!??"

Sesame chicken in Egyptian barbecue sauce & chilli powder

Two people too tired to do anything after sufficiently stuffing themselves silly with food from every continent in one day.

By this point in the night, I felt ready to be rolled home in a wheelbarrow, to begin a month-long hibernation. Good times.

Also, there was a block party of sorts at the GFF's condo on the 9th, to celebrate Singapore's 45th birthday. For once, it was so good to see there wasn't that much food! I took that opportunity to dance off some evil calories from the past 4 days, for fear of turning into something that moos. Uhh.

Anyway! It's Ramadhan now, which means I'll be detoxing & fasting for a month. Sunrise to sunset without food? Totally doable. My stomach is grateful to the Muslim calendar, you can be sure.

Happy Ramadhan to all my Muslim cronies.

17 comments:

AmelieneAm said...

I'm glad I'm reading this post after sunset. (More like midnight) hehe. All the pictures have succeeded in making me angry.

P.S. It's such a trend now to deceive friends in order to celebrate their birthdays, yeah?
:D

Selamat Ramadhan,
be less naughty this month ;P

Unknown said...

awww the pirate party looked like fun from the costumes alone! :D glad the surprise party for your friend went well! EAT EAT EAT!!

justyn said...

I love me some smoked duck! That bbq chicken looks great too. Hope it's a smooth ramadhan for you!
<3

AmelieneAm said...

hey, i meant "HUNGRY". The pictures made me hungry, not angry. Sorry, excuse my lack of oxygen, please TANGKU!

the girl in stiletto said...

so lapa. :(

Ricademus said...

Happy Ramadhan! It's almost as if it came early this year just for you. But good timing should never be questioned, only appreciated. =)

bananas. said...

fasting for a MONTH?! gah!

i don't know how you do it.

Ortega said...

I appreciate a good paella now and then, and that Paella looks perfect. Kudos to the chef, & have a great Ramadan!

ScoMan said...

Just when I thought the smoked duck looked delicious you posted the picture of that egyptian chicken thing.

Good on you for giving honeymustard a birthday surprise she won't forget.

Rika The Lost Wanderer said...

That chicken BBQ looks delicious! What is the name of the Egyptian restaurant?
Happy Ramadhan for you too ;)

flashman said...

Wow everything looks good. Your cousin is so cute.
Selamat menunaikan ibadah puasa, Nashe! Jgn lupe terawih... :p

putra said...

woohoo paella! love the stuff! have a great ramadhan, nashty.

(i love duck and i love it that you love it too. and smoked?? holy heaven ;D )

izan said...

Glad the surprise went super. And that paella...i'm a sucker for seafood paella btw!! happy fasting, mi amiga!

Anonymous said...

Didn't know you were muslim...Happy Ramadhan!

Fickle Cattle said...

The smoked duck looks fantastic.

http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Nashe, the food looks great, I actually feel like I'm starving right now. That pirate party is adorable and you are so pretty in that pink top. =)

Gadfly said...

There was the most amazing sky the other night. A perfect glowing orange crescent moon and Venus beaming right above it. I didn't even think about Ramadan until I stepped outside and saw that :o)

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Am&eacute;lie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive