In which my view is impressive.

Because I was feeling a bit iffy and wanted to ignore my responsibilities for a while, I went bar-hopping with a few people at Clarke Quay a few nights ago. Not the best idea coz I was rocked by severe (SEVERE) cramps after only two hours. And I could feel my blood sugar dropping like crazy.

The chicks and I couldn't really decide on a place to settle down at coz everywhere was either lame or packed, and or usual spot was taken up.

The only acceptable place was The Clinic, which is basically a clinic-themed bar with light alfresco dining. (Click on the Clinic link to view their freaky webpage.) They have a great decor scheme going on. I mean, customers can sit on golden wheelchairs if they want to, yo.


Since I wasn't feeling amazing, I guess it was fitting that I went to such a place. (I didn't get to sit in a wheelchair, though.)

There was a group of foreigners at the table next to ours. They looked in a hurry and left without finishing their food. But after 20 seconds, one of them came back, tapped me on the shoulder and said, "I wanted to tell you, you have an impressive view." ....?? Impressive view? Like, what does that mean? LOL! (I couldn't actually LOL due to the pain, though.) I could only muster enough strength to mumble an inaudible "Thanks?"

He obviously saw my glassy eyes coz he clarified himself. "I mean, you're very beautiful. And you have beautiful, beautiful eyes. My name is Hamza, I'm from Turkey." ...I smiled and nodded my acknowledgement. I thought he had the face of a soccer player. He just looks like one, I can't explain it.

And that was the last thing I remember before passing out on the 3-seater.*


You're probably thinking, "Whud??" and I don't blame you. I'm asking myself the same thing, really. Blacking out in public while a passably-hot Turkish guy is talking to you? Majorly uncool. It's probably the stupidest thing I've done at Clarke Quay.

What could have been the start of something beautiful (HAHAHA) was cut off by a medical condition. Just great. I need to quit letting my blood sugar level control me, goddammit! Remember the time I blacked out while simply walking around? God I'm pathetic. :(

You know what they say, right?
Some love stories never happen due to bad timing.



*Honestly, it felt more like I just fell dead asleep instead of fainting. The guy was gone when I regained consciousness. Stab me, seriously.


28 comments:

Manju said...

lolll pulling a fainting damsel in distress act Nashe? So victorian rofl
take care of your health girl

fairuz said...

HhahahaA... what's up with you and turkish people!!! You're always getting them!!

Nashe^ said...

@ Manju: Yea thanks. I think it was plainly damsel in Stress! LOL!

@ Fairuz: I dunno, man. It's just this face. hahahaha... :D

TG said...

Hey, at least you passed out in a right restaurant. They have wheelchairs to drive you straight to an ambulance, lol. Seriously, their website is sick and sitting on wheelchairs is a bit perverse, if you ask me. But well.. theme restaurants are so in now.. I wonder what will be next...

the girl in stiletto said...

yup. bad timing. bad romance hahaha!

Ricademus said...

At first I thought he was the "view" and you were supposed to be impressed. LOL!

Are you supposed to keep a pack of crackers or something like that in your purse for when you get dizzy???

krissy ♥ said...

bad timing! lol at damsel in stress :D but that sounds quite scary, take care of your health nashe!

Woozie said...

Well shit, someone beat me to a bad romance joke. That is an adorable story though, and I very much want a gilded wheelchair.

Rika The Lost Wanderer said...

aww yeah bad timing, but don't worry, I'm sure you'll meet another handsome Turkish guy. You are impressive! ;))

Simply "T" said...

I'm not gonna lie, the idea of that Clinic bar is kind of scaring me a little bit. I get scared of any movie with medical based horror... and this bar makes me think of that.

Nashe^ said...

@ MKL: yeah it takes a lot of getting used to!

@ Ejann: Click on the link! hehehe

@ Rick: I've been told to keep sweets, but I don't like sweets! Such a chore. :[

@ Krissy: yeap, thanks!

@ Woozie: I don't know where you can get one. Fly over and have a drink here. :D

@ Rika: I am, eh! lol!

@ T: It's scary when you're looking at it.. but when you're inside, it feels pretty normal, glad to say!

The Girl said...

Ooooh, Turkey boys are hot!!!

Yea, I keep granola bars in my purse for the blood sugar reason. Lol, life savers!

Hepburn Hilton said...

UU! To bad about the blacking out.. Could it have been a budding romance? :)

ps. golden wheelchairs?? How random!

.:*aMbAr*:. said...

hahaha poor you. I mean if he looked like a soccer player he must've been hot!! Oh Lordy...

ScoMan said...

I like that you said it's "probably the stupidest thing you've ever done at Clarke Quay"

It makes me wonder what other potentially stupid things you've done at Clarke Quay, and also outside of Clarke Quay.

But then I forget about all that and fantasize about racing Golden Wheelchairs.

Nashe^ said...

@ The Girl: Turkish dudes are definitely easy on the eyes! ;D

@ Ayu: He should have stayed... haha.

@ Carina! Yeah. Where else has golden wheelchairs? :)

@ Ambar: Like I said, he was passably-hot...hehe!

@ ScoMan: Stupid things include playing drinking games on a bridge. Nearly fell off once, lol.

Gadfly said...

Jeeze ... That was like the period from hell O_O

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Hahahaha. How in the world did that happen? Did you pass out in front of Mr. hottie? Or after he gave you the compliment?

Unknown said...

eyes shmeyes! he probably meant your butt. hahahah! ;P but dude... i went to that clinic website and i must say i was utterly creeped.

izan said...

Oh nashty... another Middle easter dude in the bag! :D

Nashe^ said...

@ Gadfly: It wasn't, really! SIGH

@ Mel: yeah it was one second after he said what he said. LOL

@ Kym: HAHAHA my butt *cough cough*

@ Izan: Oh come on, Izzo. x)

Hope Chella said...

What a time :O

Have a great Tuesday,
Hope =)

http://hopechella.blogspot.com/

nitia/ monto said...

after i read this i feel like Aowwww, if i were you i will regret it like much.

do hang around more often in Clarke Quay, who knows you'll meet him again

Andhari said...

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDD timing.

Is he hot? Should've tapped that, Nash.LOL TAP THAT>:P

Nashe^ said...

@ Hope: Thanks, hehe

@ Nitia: I know riiighhtt? It was the wrong day.

@ Andhari: I'll find a way! XD

Klaudea said...

? Hmm what happened to that other post?

Klaudea said...

Aww thanks hun! Glad you like the new look! Its always scary to re-design the blog because you never know how people will react! :)

Nashe^ said...

@ Klaudea: Hehehe you're welcome!

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Amélie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive