"It's the Year Of the Tiger and I'm On The Prowl"

1) My life right now revolves around food and school. Seriously. Just food and school. And maybe also my increasingly apparent schizophrenia. I need to make one of these to relieve my stress:

"Bloopz" - handmade with love and humour by my classmates and I exactly 3 years ago.

CUTE, RIGHT??

2) I made a mistake by entering the new Marc Jacobs store at the newly-renovated Mandarin Gallery. The excitement was giddifying. I'm not sure but I think they're having an opening sale or something, coz almost everything was within my (very vague) budget. There are so many wants disguised as needs on my shopping list now! The fact that Just Cavalli is right next to Marc? Is not helping.

3) I need a 1 year old baby for one of my projects (I'm studying baby language) and it looks like finding one is no easy feat. Darn it, I knew I should've gotten knocked up way early last year.

4) Actually, the point of this post was to inform you that I'll be off in Malacca, Malaysia over the Chinese New Year weekend. No, I'm not visiting Chinese relatives or anything. I'll just be... there. Stuffing my face every ten minutes with Portuguese egg tarts and celebrating Single Awareness Day. I might even put aside some time to do the sightseeing bit.

5) Oh yeah, For those people who have volunteered to help me with my other linguistics project- Thank you! Your time and effort have prevented the deaths of ten Persian kittens.

(If you think you also wanna listen to 15 people speaking English and rate their accents, just leave me a comment with your email or tweet at me. Then be ready to roll when I'm back in Singapore, aiiiite.)

Gong Xi Fa Cai, everyone.

27 comments:

Ameliene said...

Shopping with you is crazy. You touch one thing, another hand points somewhere else, and the direction you are facing is away from what you touch or point. Oh well, the point of this is to just tell you that I will miss you very much.

putra said...

the mandarin gallery as in the one at "my" hotel, right? i think i wanna see what they've done.

don't ask me how but i know that as i'm typing this, you're still not packed for malacca. have a great trip, bebe. i'll miss your plurks.

Manju said...

Whatever those things are, they're mad cute <3
oh and if you need more volunteers you can always email me k

Ricademus said...

1. I can't see Bloopz.
2. You didn't say anything about saving kittens!!! LOL

Happy S.A.D. Day.

Ortega said...

How cool is it that you are studying baby language??!

Enjoy yourself!

Btw the project sounds interesting....i may shoot you an email, nashelista.

Laila P said...

I love those Bloopz! I want one!

Have a great time!

TG said...

The blue one in the back is Manju, because I know Manju loves to wear blue and she always hides in the back. Lolzy :P

Manju said...

Noooo I wanna be the bright pink one! the blue is the avatar version of Bloopz xD

Manju said...

Bloopz Bloopz Bloopz xD
I want one. how dyou make them?

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Betcha my Southern slang-laced English would be the most unique accent in the bunch. ;o)

Enjoy your holiday, and Happy New Year! I'm making homemade eggrolls for supper tonight.

Love and hugs,

Diane

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Opening sale at Marc Jacobs? Nice! I think I'd be the same way too all the wants would also be disguised as a need or I'd find reasons why I need them. hehehehe.

You have a project on baby language? That's interesting and hard. Good luck with that.

ScoMan said...

Have fun in Malaysia.

I would help with your projects, but accents and things aren't really my strong suit. I'd ruin your whole sample.

You should hang around Marc Jacobs looking for couples with babies, and when you find a one year old nab it and run.

the girl in stiletto said...

lolness. melaka yah bebeh (i think ndee hates this word, but i feel it is appropriate in this context)

oh wait, you're going to send me bloopz? say wha????

Klaudea said...

LOL I love the baby comment. It would be so funny as an ad on craigslist. But *don't* haha seriously, some guy posted an ad on craigslist a few years ago trying to sell his baby girl..... he claimed it was a joke but was still arrested for child abuse! Haha I bet his daughter will be so proud of him when she grows up.

Happy Chinese New Year to you too!
You are so funny, all your posts put a smile on my face! :D I love your blog!!!!!!!

justyn said...

Have a good trip, nash! I love the fact that u have a "vague" budget. Too cute. Come back soooooooon.

krissy ♥ said...

I love the hot pink one! :D

Enjoy your holiday Nashe! :)

nitia/ monto said...

even though it is out of your budget you will end up buying that marc jacob stuff. you can always afford it. me? my salary after two years probably enough for me afford that stuff. TWO EFFING YEARS. bummer. unless i seek my daddy's help. :P

Candice said...

Ooh I love those stress thingies!! And please give details about your trip. Mmm Malaysia.

Unknown said...

those bloopz are cute.. but i must be honest. i thought they were vagina bean bags at first. hahaaha! maybe it was because of my whole vjj choco post. i dunno. switching gears now - during my massage, i was seriously holding back from screaming. hahaha! the worst part was that she would try to talk to me while jabbing me so i was mustering all my energy just to respond.

bananas. said...

food and school, huh? doesn't sounds too bad ;)

happy chinese new year!

masth said...

i wish there'z a way to make the bloopz' eyes stay on permanently. those googly eyes are like, my favourite part.

Au fait, bienvenue Vach. ^ ^

.:*aMbAr*:. said...

Single Awareness Day!!!!!!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Happy Year of the Tiger, Nashe.

Klaudea said...

Did you kidnap a baby yet? :D

lacherie_17 said...

Nashe! I missed your blog soooo much!!! I am cracking up right now...I am jealous. We have no Just Cavalli here in Cleveland, probably not even in Ohio--ah, the life of a midwestern girl, LMAO. I want and need a Bloopz to get me through this semester, girl. <3

Lashawn

Unknown said...

You should bite the bullet and cut those bangs! :D I bet you'd look so cute!

Andhari said...

Marc Jacobs stores always bring out the WORST in me.

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Am&eacute;lie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive