Here, I rant a little about Spanish class

I don't usually bitch about any of my classes but I think I'll do it today.

Ladies and gentlemen, let it be known that I am extremely frustrated with the Spanish lessons that I'm taking. I enter the classroom with a heavy heart and leave with the most bored expression ever. It wasn't supposed to be like this, coz I actually do my best to enjoy every class I attend (regardless of the subject).

Honestly, though? I don't know how many damn times I've had to go "¿Como te llamas?" to my classmates and reply "Me llamo Nash (de la Hoya!)" when they ask me the same thing.


I'm not saying Spanish is too easy for me or whatever but stop making us do this "Me llamo Nash" thing, por favor!



I mean, it might have been cute in the first two lessons; but we're already into our fifth lesson; I think it's time we MOVED ON.

Besides putting us through the repetitive activity of asking people's names, she makes us read out loud stuff from the textbook. That would be fine, if not for the fact that she makes us repeat every line after her about thrice each time.

¿What are we? Twelve? It's so fucking lame to have to repeat the sentences when they're not even that hard to begin with. Seriously. How hard is it to pronounce "De donde eres"?

Mierda.

I'm not even gonna go into how she made us repeat the vowels (a-e-i-o-u) for every single bleeding consonant. I swear I could have sleepwalked my way out the door by the time we got to ma-me-mi-mo-mu.

Having annoyingly loud and idiotic classmates isn't helping, either.

Does this post sound whiny and shit? Coz I don't care. I'll be in school tomorrow getting my intelligence insulted again for two hours, so allow me to release some steam here before I think of skipping class.


Ooops. Too late.

29 comments:

M. Sanchez said...

hahah c'est weirda. i just finished a draft abt spanish class too. wah liao eh.

u forgot the part where we have to spell out every single damn thing "con tu compañero". %^#@*

i really dont want to go tmr. but it wld be a little too obvious if we both skip it. and if either of us go alone our ears and eyes will bleed to death.

Nashe^ said...

UH HUH. Dah la homework dier tu aku siket peh malas nak buat...

fairuz said...

Don't skip lah kau ni! Tu lah pandai sangat... you study hard-hard then teach me, k. Haha.

Eh go sleep, it's 1AM!

Ricademus said...

Maybe her last job was teaching middle school. Speaking of middle school, in 8th grade a mean french teacher told me she was getting gray hair waiting for my answer. I told her I had noticed, but I didn't think she could blame that on me! I had a sweet french teacher in the 9th grade.

putra said...

you know my comment for this one hehehe.

Ortega said...

Ugh. I hate it when teachers dumb us down. I remember having a math teacher like that once....After months of class she still refused to move from the 1st few topics.

ScoMan said...

I know how you feel. Those teachers who feel like they have to baby everyone and hold your hand every step of the way. Like, if the idiots can't keep up that's their problem. Let them drop out.

Nashe^ said...

@ Rick: HAHAHA you were so mean!

@ putra: Si. Muy bien, eh?

@ Ortega: Don't they have some sort of curriculum to adhere to?? Argh.

@ ScoMan: LOL. Yea, exactly. In the first place, I don't think we're that bad as a class so I have no clue why she find the need to do this.

JMay said...

Oh what a bummer, I had an awesome Spanish teacher in H.S.

A good teacher who makes learning fun makes all the difference!

You should tell the teacher, "Is there an upper level class b/c although you are doing a great job teaching us & being repetitive so we remember-I would like to advance" ;-) hahaha

TG said...

I think she's wasting everyone's time. Stuff like that you could do at home. She should teach you the things you don't know, explain vocab and grammar.. well, hope I won't be like her, hehe :)

the girl in stiletto said...

whoa. i think you're too advance for her class. perhaps all your classmates are like me: retard in language.

you should have just come with me to malaga and become my translator. ahah.

Unknown said...

Como te llamas????? TELL ME!!!!!

hahaha.. yeah, boring teacher and structure of class can really affect they way you think about that class. -.-

p.s - you lika my choco v's huh?!?! ;P

Andhari said...

You should tell whoever your professor is to "dale que tu puede" then spank his or her ass. Boohyeah.

Pinked said...

LOL - I feel ya - but maybe she's that slow because other people dont have anyyyyy idea of a second language.

No?

It's annoying, there should be a faster class.

bananas. said...

is this a college course? shoot, i'd be complaining too. sounds like a spanish class for the slow. the "me llamo" lesson should only last 10 minutes...tops!

maybe you're just super advanced ;)

Nashe^ said...

@ JMay: Haha! I can't take any advanced classes coz I need to clear Level 1 first.

@ MKL: I think she THINKS she's being thorough or something. Bleaahh.

@ Ejannz: No...ahhahaha. The others aren't too bad themselves! And consider me there in spirit! ^^

@ Kym: I will not tell you my name!!! XD

@ Andhari: ....Now THAT's an idea!

@ PLP: Too late to do anything about it now. Sigh.

@ Bananas: Si, it's a college course. Level Uno! x(

Manju said...

on the bright side, you can catch up on 2hrs of sleep during her class.
boring classes are the suckiest thing ever!

Nashe^ said...

@ Manju: Sadly I can't sleep coz she makes us sit in a circle!!

Kristan said...

Oy, I can see why that would be annoying. Are all the students at your level, or perhaps are some slower to grasp the language?

Anyway, thanks for commenting on my post over at Floreta's! Sorry your class is frustrating you.

justyn said...

Gah! Level Uno shouldn't be that slack!! keep your head, girl. LOL

Nashe^ said...

@ Kristan: Yeah we're all at the same level. No one in my class took any formal Spanish lessons before this. :(

@ J: Keeping! Hahahaha.

SassyGirl said...

I hate hate hate classes where I don't learn anything. It is probably my number one pet peeve. I have no patience for it, so I usually end up acting out and pissing off the prof. And then stop showing up for class, but still acing the exam. Too bad you can't do that in business school.

Seriously though, being bored to death is a real threat, and the worst way to die.

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Nashe, como estas? hahahahaa. Maybe it's not the subject but the professor? She needs to make it more interesting otherwise you guys are going to finish the class with only one sentence, hola me llamo es nashe. ehehehehe. =) I get bored easily and I think if I were in that situation I might have dropped the class if it was possible.

Nashe^ said...

@ Sassy: Exactly. She picked up some speed in the next class, though. It;s like she read this post. LOL

@ Mel: Hahahah como estas, Mel? XD
I can't drop the course, but I'm so hoping that it won't be a waste of time.

nitia/ monto said...

believe me. language class can't be more boring and sleepier. i had 2 times a week german class where i end up in germany without i can even master the language. that germans gave me D for my bad ability to speak german. always no use.

Nashe^ said...

@ Nit: I loved love LOVED my french classes, though! Right now is the Spanish teacher's teaching style that is killing me.

.:*aMbAr*:. said...

Mierda!!! Jajajaja que risa me das chica, cojelo suave, ya mismo estaran haciendo mejores cosas y probablemente mas dificiles.

LOL How's that for a lesson?? Anywhoodle, chill, at least you'll get an A.

Nashe^ said...

HAHAHAHAH ambar! That was SUCH a lesson! XD

.:*aMbAr*:. said...

=)

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Amélie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive