Fun Fatigue.
It's been a way tiring few days for me. Starting with the BLG concert, to the pile of readings I had to do, to the never-ending family problems, to an impromptu Night Safari trip, to random birthday parties.
I squeezed in enough time to watch old friends perform for some event:
I even got to watch them practice before the show. Just like old days. I must admit, I felt a slight wave of nostalgia. Plus some envy. Sometimes I wonder how different my life would be had I stuck around in that scene a little longer.
People who've never had a passion in their lives won't understand the devotion dancers have towards the art. It's not something you grow out of, and I resent the people who told me that we should stop being "into all these stuff'" after a certain age, coz that's just lame.
Anyway. It's getting late and I'm mighty tired. My eyes are hardly open right now... Oh man, I hope I wake up in time for school tomorrow! Arrgghh. Thanks for volunteering to be my alarm clock, everyone. Here's wishing a good week ahead for all of us.
*** *** ***
Oh, this is for those who care about the BoysLikeGirls concert...
It was way amazing, to put it mildly. My buds and I were lucky enough to get like, front row in the mosh pit! Seriously, though, I was like dead tired and wanted to pass out after the first song. I should have spent a month prepping for all the hardcore bouncing and stuff.
I know Martin did a jump-off in Jakarta. Damn! He couldn't do it here coz security was kinda being asses. Everything was still mad, though. Love Drunk was BRILLIANT, of course, but my favourite sets have got to be Five Minutes to Midnight (ATF!!), Contagious and Thunder. Totally off the wall, bitches! The crazy yelling and jumping never stopped, even during Thunder.
Oh yeah, they ended with The Great Escape as usual but I never got to listen properly nor did I even get to really see any of them during that song.. coz that was when the whole crowd began squeezing and pushing forward and climbing over the metal barrier. My arm still aches today, seriously.
I sporadically took short vids and this is the longest one--
We went home with sprained ankles, aching backs, sore necks and ringing ears... but Poolie (the lead guitarist) said that it was "One of the top 5 shows in BLG history", so fuckyeah!
I still have my entrance wrist tag on.
The Nashty
- Nashe^
- Twenty7 and not much hotter. Looking for my happily ever after.
Be a Baller and Join My Twitterazzi
Or Click Here to Ask Me Dirty Questions
Mantra of The Moment
Stalking Me Yet?
Followers
Stuff I REALLY Want
- Love in the first degree
- A Trip to North Africa
- A brain scan/ fMRI
- All books by Belinda Jones
- All books by Rachel Gibson

29 comments:
the BLG vid doesnt work. or is it just me? anw why do i care. i was there suckaz!!
/ends bragging. (sorry. really)
au fait je connais bien what u mean. sometimes when we love something doesnt mean it's a phase. 'tis a sentiment no language can explain. no im not being emo and dramatic. haha.
Nice videos, nashteh! The 1st one was funny. How come i dont hear your voice in the crowd?
Maybe it's just me too but i feel like u havent updated in a week or so. Really looked forward to seeing your update. I don't even know BLG.
Lol me?
@ Mas: Peutet it's just you? haha. You can see it on FB lah! Et je sais tu sais.
@ Ortega: I can't remember why. LOL you! ^^
proud to say i was part of your life when you were in the scene. very proud.
y go to sleep, bebe. AHORA!! ;)
@ putra: Si, si... je vais dormir ahora.
Take that!
I don't understand why anyone ever tells another person to give up their passion. Maybe they are jealous that they have no passion of their own!!!
I'm happy you had such a great night out at the concert.
Sleep tight! =)
bebeh, were you super-excited because of the songs or because of the songs PLUS hot guys on stage that you wanna grab em? ehehe.
i think it's the later, knowing you ahah!
btw, some people are simply clueless. i don't dance myself, but i do LOVE watching people dance, and therefore i think it's stupid for those who tell one person to quit it because come on, dancing is NOT that easy. i know because i have two left foot.
so screw those ppl who tell you that, yeah?
Dude you know Ejannz might come here next month, WHEN WILL YOU? OMGG there may or may not be a concert you like but there's always my parties. :D
I am not too into BLG but I know the hectic situation in a rock concert like that, singing and jumping and pushing around, it is fun! Glad you enjoy it!
@ Rick: Exactly, right? Hoho. Thanks!
@ Ejannz: You? Two left feet? I don't believe it! XD
@ Andhari: Jannzy going there without me, WTF?! Omaigat...
@ Rika: Whootz yeah! Thanks Rika!
glad you had fun!!! ^_^
also thank you for the comment! the fortune cookie definitely dissappointed me :[
"People who've never had a passion in their lives won't understand the devotion dancers have towards the art."
Substitute dancers with writers, I cannot agree more.
I'm glad you had fun in the concert! Man, that sounds really amazing!
PS: I visited Night Safari when I went there and I was like super awed :D
Eh i was at IMPRESARIO too! Omg.
so how was Resorts World? I haven't checked it out yet. Did you see Universal Studios?
@ Abby: x)))
@ Krissy: it WAS amazing! And You went to the Night Safari? Best in the world, isn't it ^^
@ Flaz: OMG you were?? Haha. I wasn't at Impresario for long. Oh Resorts World is superb. REALLY nice. I caught a minute of a rollercoaster test session, too! Looks great. Can't wait for it to open! XD
OMFG! watching the video makes me more even envy you!! HAHA..
ahhh! you went to that boyslikegirls concert. man, i should go to more concerts...i'm so lazy. i've probably been to one concert on my life.
i know what you mean about seeing friends dance. i can kind of relate. we were big on choreographed dancing back home...but werent allowed to have a 'passion' for it. i miss getting together with friends to practice dances!
@ Michelle: teeheehee you should have gone when they were at JKT!!
@ Ayu: Thank you, Ayu. Glad you liked the performance!
you're gonna get a rash from that entrance wrist tag! hahaha! jk jk! ;P glad you had an epic time at the concert.. and whattt? night safari trip? like safari safari or some fake safari?!? haha! and you used to be a dancer ms hermosa?!?!? awesome!
BLG are coming over here, too. But I don't know them (and their songs). Neither does my hubby know them. Shooooot! We're old!
Anyway, about dancing, art and sports, I've always admired people who are passionate with it. When I see ballet performances on TV or the Olympics, I couldn't help be amazed how these people practically spent most of their lives mastering their craft.
@ Kym: Yeah Kymmie I was a dancer until I left junior college. :(
The Night Safari is just like a night zoo... with very little lighting. Haha.
@ Amor: BLG went to Manila before they came to Singapore!!
finding passion for something is the most amazing thing ever and telling people to give up their passion is the lousiest thing ever. Period.
hat kind of dancing were you into?
i only tried beginner level bellydancing, and that's it. i suck at dancing haha
I DEMAND A NEW POST!
and thank you for the comment... i can't believe the girls would never claim their bras again XD i would .
The concert sounded so kickass! I'm waiting for the right bands to come along and grace our beautiful shores, or prolly just go along with Paramore. =/
♥
@ Manju: I did ballet, contemporary and hiphop. Hiphip was the best, I think. Haha. Lets see you belly dancing!!
@ Abby: Soon!
@ Alane: I know lots of people going for Paramore... too bad I'm no fan!
I just wanna DANCE!!!
dancing is my life. i may not perform anymore but still lurve it so i know exactly what you mean.
@ LiLu & Bananas: LETS GO!! xD
I love that 1st video. Looks like a lotta fun
Post a Comment