Best Of Oh-Nine

In place of the Top 20 events (like 2007's and 2008's), I give you the Top 5 events that made me happy. The kind of happy that makes me smile just thinking about them, coz nothing else is really worth remembering.

Here we go:

1) My 20th Birthday
Good company, good food, great night. 'Nuff said! :)

2) My friend Daniel's Birthday
Ben & Jerry's, waffles, Mars Bars tequila, Cola tequila, and Horny Toad margaritas. Legendary? Oui.

3) Cinderella On Ice
It even had Swan Lake in it, and it's really, truly, one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. I won't forget this, evaahhh. (BTFW, I went to see the Swan Lake ballet recently! Shall refrain from gushing.)

4) My friend Minty having her baby
I can remember so clearly the absolute euphoria all around. Just.. amazing. Baby Luisa is almost 3 months old today, that little chub-chub.

And the highlight of my year...

5) SHOPPING CART SHENANIGANS with Ameliene and the French buddy.
It wasn't enough awesomeness that the guy even came to visit. But he came to visit, shared dirty French jokes with us, ate dinner at our favourite restaurant, went CRAZY at the VivoCity playground, fooled around in front of the Parliament House and got accosted by the police with me in a trolley. (I didn't mind it much, since the police officer was a cutie.)

I think Frenchie had a truly whooptastic/ génial / shiok-nak-mampos time here with us, coz guess what photo he has pasted on his wardrobe now?

Chuffed, I am.

(The bad part was that, after having so much fun with him around, life became bleak when he left. Everything just kinda became meehhh for a while.)


So yeah... Big sloppy kisses to the people involved in these 5 events! I love all of you in a non-creepy way, and I hope 2010 will have more of such badassity! (Although I would totally understand if no one wants to pop a baby for my enjoyment.)

32 comments:

the girl in stiletto said...

i'd pop a baby for yeah when i've found the voluntary donor. that's just one of the ways for me to say im sorry that i've violated your privacy. mehehe.

too bad boys these days tak makan godaan haha!

justyn said...

So you went for the ballet after all! Awesooooome!

Im so glad you're updating again. :)

Nashe^ said...

@ Ejannz: YES, that violation still prevails!

@ Just: Thanks, Justyn. :]

flashman said...

Yeay you is back. With all that tequila in #2... i'm surprised you didn't mention anything abt passing out. LOLS. Where do you get this Mars bar tequila anyway?

putra said...

awww so sweet of frenchie...

"2010 will be baller city!"

Unknown said...

haha awww! i remember the shopping cart craziness! <3 it! i hope 2010 will be 100004234234145234 x awesomer!!! :)

.:*aMbAr*:. said...

pop a baby for my enjoyment = ROFL!!!!!!!! OMGGG you're just pure hilarity!!

btw: I remember reading that whole thing with the carts and whatnot.. =)

kisses darling

ScoMan said...

Shopping cart shenanigans is a great number one on the list. I remember those days... *drifts off into a wonderful reminiscing moment*

Nashe^ said...

@ Flaz: It's at Iguana, at Clarke Quay!

@ putra: WORD

@ Kym: YES!! Thank you!

@ Ambar: Hahahaha... It's kinda hard to forget! Thanks Ambar :D

@ ScoMan: Many of us love reminiscing, I gather :]

TG said...

You surely had a lot of fun this year, too. Wish you all the best for 2010, happy new year and many awesome moments ^_~

Ortega said...

2010 will STILL be better than these 5, hopefully. You did have fun huh and your friend from France is really so sweet..

I was getting itchy with you not posting, btw.

Ricademus said...

Those are 5 pretty great things. I hope you find someone to give you frenchie-like experiences year-round in 2010. Now I have to go hunt down the shopping cart post!

bananas. said...

CUTE! dirty french jokes are the best.

Manju said...

i'll pass on popping a baby haha
french guys and dirty french jokes are AWESOME

Nashe^ said...

@ MKL, Ortega, Rick: Thanks! It has to be awesome :)

@ Bananas, Manju: You guys should totally hit me with some if you have any. :D

Anonymous said...

Happy holidays dear! Did my postcard make it to you yet?

fairuz said...

Babe you went for Swan Lake at the esplanade?? Wow ah! Was it good?

Happy 2010~~

Nashe^ said...

@ Candice: Not yet, C! You got mine, right?

@ Fai: I did! My friend bought me tickets coz she is da bombest. Yeah, it was really good, and the prima ballerina's got some serious legs, I tell you.

Toothfairy said...

hahahaha... popping a baby... ok, I'll have to pass too, maybe over a few years ok? I'll keep you posted :P

loves

Andhari said...

What;s the storie behind you and Frnechie because it sounds like he has something-something for nashe?

AH me and my scandalous thoughts lol

Anonymous said...

May your 2010 be much better! :)

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Cheers to more good stuff coming in 2010 nashe! oh and that incident of you in the trolley and the popo giving you guys a lecture will definitely go down in history books, I remember the first time I read it on your blog it really had me laughing.... Take care sweetie. =)

Nashe^ said...

@ Toothfairy: Yea, please do keep me posted. Haha!

@ Andhari: Naawww we just buddies! XD

@ Envoy: Thank you!

@ Mel: Thanks, lady. Cheers to you too! :D

Pinked said...

Awww, I love this post! And it reminds me about how I have A LOT to be grateful for and I should get typing, like right now!

Happy New Year babe!!!
Love and Hugs!!

Shingo T said...

Happy New Year to ya, Nashe.

May the new year bring you more kicka** events.

amor said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR Nashe! Wishing you best for 2010 =)

Nashe^ said...

@ EVERYONE: Thank you, guys, happy new year to you all, too! :)

melyn said...

hey, i knw what could be your top 6. the day you took lil riss out and had macdo. hehe.

Nashe^ said...

@ Melyn: That wasn't what made it great. What made it great was us looking like a Macdo ad, and that was the day she first fell in love with me :)))

nitia/ monto said...

happy new year nashe!! hope you had a great one.

hey hey..not a great way ya nashe..to show a foreigner the craziness of asian people to him. lololol. but since he kinda enjoyed it too, i guess he has a deep craziness inside too. :D

Andhari said...

mars bars tequila and horny toad margarita? OY. Count me in! Take me to singgapowh !!!

Nashe^ said...

HAHAHAH, Nitya! He's a pretty cool guy, so... :]

Andhari, you should check that place out, fer serious!

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Am&eacute;lie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive