Dit is de enige zin dat ik ken in het Nederlands.

My so-called Halloween was spent at the lounge bar of a certain hotel. Skipped the Azzura party for a tamer event, which turned out pretty cool, considering the fact that my buds only decided to dress up at the last last last minute.

Not many people dressed up but we had a Bangladeshi worker, Ali G and a family of dirty slutty hillbillies/mechanics in our group. (Don't ask. I'm too tired to go into details. Suffice to say I'll never look at overalls the same way again.) It was an interesting night, I'd say.

And oyeah, free champagne all night coz the bartender was so taken by my redneck posse. We left early, though. The Halloween revelry was nice but it was mostly people chilling, mingling and uhh, making out with strangers. Oh how I love my horny tipsy self.. But that's a story for another day.


At one point in the night, I went to the ladies with a friend (lets call her Anis).

Anis: "You have no idea how tired I am. I actually came here from school."

Me: "Oh yeah I heard."

Anis: "Happy halloween my ass! I can't even get wasted. How bout you?"

Me: "Nope. I got important school stuff to do tomorrow." (CHECK OUT the discipline right there)

Anis: "Oh thank god I'm not alone! I gotta finish up my Dutch essay."

Me: "Wow. Dutch huh? Can I see it?"

Anis: "Yeah sure; here." (takes out essay from bag)

Me: (after scanning the first few paragraphs) Haha! So you dream of owning your own chocolate factory, huh!

Anis: Yeah well the topic was on dreams..Oh wait- you learn Dutch, too?

Me: Nah, I just... y'know, I just..


I just WHAT? Honestly, I don't know how I did it, either! It was so weird. I mean, I know about ten Dutch words and they're mostly names of food (pannekoeken, stroopwafel, ontbijtkoek, appelflappen, broodjes, you name it). I took a look at the essay again and like, I could hardly understand a word of it!

It was like I got possessed by a Dutch ghost for 10 seconds and that was it. Raden Adjeng Kartini was datchu!? LOL. Or maybe it was my great grandma? Whatever it was, it was freaky!

But maybe.. not as freaky as what I saw:

photo from Syaheed

Urghhh. I actually shivered. You'll never find me dressing up in anything that scary! (yes I'm easily spooked. What's your point?) That's it... no more Halloween stuff for me. I HATE Asian ghosts! Freddy Krueger and the boogieman ain't got nothin' on the Asian freakies.



PS;
the title of this post is Dutch for
"This is the only phrase i know in Dutch." whoot.

31 comments:

the girl in stiletto said...

holyscary! i didn't think that was you! holymother awesome..... :D well at least someone was having a blast! :D my halloween was spent by me in my chef hat and apron - cooking.

which like halloween, only happens once a year.

Nashe^ said...

OMGEE THAT WASN'T MEEEE!!! hehehehe.

Nashe^ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nashe^ said...

PUTRA thanks for fixing my blog template but STOP USING MY ACCOUNT! *kicks*

putra said...

wahahhaha.... but i wanna see... i'm gonna email shinny now. ^^

Nashe^ said...

@ Putra: You won't get any coz the camera we used went missing!

putra said...

ouhhh. gpp kok. aq nanya juga... ^^

The tai-tai (wannabe) said...

omg..that was scay man!!!! gee... I have a love and hate relationship with halloween..i like the dressing up part, but I hate it too because i always think that what if there are actual ghosts attend the halloween party - because we never knew right??

well..i guess thats just my imagination...

Honey Bee said...

Wow, now that's what you call in the spirit of halloween! :)

flashman said...

OH NASHE. That girl is just amazing!

You speak dutch when you're high. Maybe its ur subconscious?

Nashe^ said...

@ Eunice: I know right! That's what I keep getting scared of!

@ Nahl: YEap :))

@ Flaz: LOL that's what my friends said, too!

Andhari said...

I'm creeped out by asian ghosts too, I was totally hiding a lot behind my friend's back in buddha bar until one of them forced me to take pics with them. Yikes.

justyn said...

That is crazy! dutch ghosts... yipes! But its a pretty cool thing.


ps, the picture kinda freaked me out too!!!

Anonymous said...

I think the best part of the night (besides my supercool joke about the nyonya which i shall credit you for) was-

"nash did you just let a bangla kiss you?"

WAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH the look on your face was, the, best.

-RD

unokhan said...

you so have the gift of tongues, the language knack. one day an angel will ask you for directions to her highway lodgings and you will answer her in angel though you've never studied it

Nashe^ said...

@ Andhari: LMAO that image made me laugh!

@ J: Freaky dutch ghosts. Totes.

@ RD: No, YOU were simply being a babi by saying what you said. I had nothing to do with your rudeness!

@ Uno: I like the way you think. :D

amor said...

Agree with you. Asian ghosts (also, horror movies) are way scarier than the western ones. It took me 3 days to get over with Sadako. Freddie Krueger was forgettable. I can't even remember the color of his shirt. =P

nitia/ monto said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nitia/ monto said...

THAT IS CREEPY and IT AINT FUNNY!! you think that ghost is funny? i saw many people celebrating halloween everywhere in jkt too, like when i was doing some errands, a bunch of Pocong actually appeared on the market and freaked people out.

Nashe^ said...

@ Amor: Eeeeeep sadako! I hated that! Come to think of it, western horror are all freaks and monsters and stuff. Which is just -.-"

@ Nitia: WTF! Pocongs are among the WORST ghosts in my book, okay! I've heard too many creepy stories that involve what we call "Uncle Chong". LOL

Manju said...

creeeeeepyyyyyyyyyyyy!
i'll laugh out loud in the face of most monsters but the asians ones eeeksss T___T

Lol, maybe alcohol actually increases brain cells in your case

p.s. i gave you an award :D

rachaelgking said...

That's terrifying.

BUT I kinda want to see the pictures of the Ali G. Was it good??

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

that picture of the asian ghost looks soooo scary. urghhhh.... hey, where's the picture of you and your friends in your halloween costumes? And free champagne for the party? that is awesomeeeeeeeeee. =)

Nashe^ said...

@ Manju: In that case I should be chugging tequila before exams huh!

@ LiLu: It was okay but he changed halfway to be a pimp instead. Still looked like Ali G, though, coz he's whitish with a beard and all...

@ Mel: Awesome, right? Oh we had pics but not many coz the place was dark, and no one had a proper camera. Sheesh. Don't worry, you're not missing much!

bananas. said...

"Freddy Krueger and the boogieman ain't got nothin' on the Asian freakies."

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! that's hilarious and creepy at the same time!

Nashe^ said...

@ bananas: But it's the truth! LOL

Sadako said...

Ugh, that one is too creepy.

Gadfly said...

Fuck Asian ghosts. YOU'RE scary o_O

I can't even pronounce Dutch words looking at them on a page.

Nashe^ said...

@ G: I can't either, really!

Toothfairy said...

wahahahha... you know at least some dutch food! and they were are all written correctly! as was the header haha! pretty cool... :P

asian ghosts are brrr... I don't like them either! scary dude!

loves

Nashe^ said...

@ Toothfairy: Too bad that's really the only thing(s) I know in dutch! LOL x)

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Amélie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive