** Blogoversary: You've Got Mail! **

Among the junk on my desk lies a pretty thick envelope containing things I haven't seen a long time. I emptied it and...

VOILA!


As usual, clickity to biggity.

Postcards!

There is nothing quite like receiving snail mail, eh? Hand-delivered stuff are always good, be they postcards, FedEx boxes or little letters containing *cough* mushy *cough* stuff. Yeah.

I received some postcards during a huge postcard exchange done with several other bloggers a few years back, when I had another blog address. Seriously? It was brilliant.

Clockwise from top-left: Manila, Hongkong, Melbourne and Beijing.


And I got more more MORE from a very special blogger, Debbie, who did not seem to be able to stay put in one country (lucky bish!). She has stopped blogging for months now (coz she's too busy jetting off here and there), but we still talk. Here are some of her cards:

Clockwise from top-left: Russia, Florence *cough*, Cappadocia (Turkey),
Troy and Rome
.

You know I had to share the one from Florence. *snigger*


Oh, I also got a couple from our very lovely girl in stiletto, too! As you can probably tell, they're from London and Paris. Don't be hatin' ya'll!

I love the colour contrasts here. Thanks, Ejannz!

FYI, her London postcard was BIGASS, dudes. BIGASS. I had to like, carry it with two hands and stuff. I think I like the Parisian one more, though. It's one of the prettiest postcards I've ever gotten:

:)


Speaking of Paris... there were loads (like, a hundred) from my favourite Frenchman, too, coz he's a naturally très awesome person.

Clockwise from top-left: Cairo, Étretat, London and Nantes.
The one from
Étretat is the latest addition.
Check out the cut-out dolphin!

ANYWHALES.
It's my blog's birthday tomorrow (Nov 17th), can you imagine. I know people do giveaways and make vlogs for their blogoversaries, but I've decided to be all STB about mine.. and do a postcard delivery instead! It's easier to mail, and more people can share the love. Weehee.

I'ma send a postcard to anyone (foreign, of course) who's ever commented on this blog, y'all. Especially those who have been with me for the past few years. It's Christmas season everywhere anyway so for those celebrating, consider this my Christmas gift to you, okay? With love from the Lion City. Rawwrr.

(And if you're a good Christian an amazing person, do send me [+ other bloggers] a postcard, too, from wherever you are. The more the merrier, right? And one day I think I'll feature your postcard like I did above, if you don't mind.)


Besides words of admiration and poems of love (HAHA, kidding!), do include the address you want it mailed to. Leave me a note in the comments section, too, so I'll know to expect your email.

And if you want your card to arrive before Christmas, get ta steppin' people! We ain't got all year...

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

first!

great idea for christmas... i'll email you later... postcard from singapore is really something!

Ortega said...

Hey chica thanks for informing me!

This looks madly fun.... i'm excited now!

I'm emailing you right now ok. You know which is my email address rite? Do send me a reply once you got it!

putra said...

HOW COME I WASN'T INFORMED BEFOREHAND; I IS SAD NOW.

heh. i may or may not be sending you something for nevidad, but it ain't gonna be a postcard. ^^ pls be excited, thxbai.

maria sanchez said...

STB should be payin' u for this. lol.

ovell, Joyeux Anniversaire to the cookie jar! :D

hope your pecans continue to fluorish and prosper. Oh u knw what i mean.

Cheers.

Nashe^ said...

@ Maria: la mehicana can speak french? LOLZY

krissy ♥ said...

This is awesome, I want in! :)

Happy bloggiversary! :)

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Happy blogaversary. I'm so glad your in the blogosphere. I really enjoy reading your posts Nashe. =) That post card is awesome. Ejanz is such a sweetie pie. =)

Manju said...

wheeee i want one!! let's make it a postcard swap, i'll send you one too.
gonna email you later.
happy bloganniversary ^^ we should break out the virtual champagne and eat some cake lol

Anonymous said...

totally sending you an email! woot. i love postcards.

also, might steal this idea for an article at matador. ;)

Gadfly said...

I've wondered what happened to Debs.

Uhmmm... I wonder if I can find a Muslim Christmas card? ;-)

justyn said...

I WANT!!! BUT i'm moving a lot right now, don't know where I'll be in December! Arrggh this is so annoying... I want a postcard =(

i'll keep u updated =(

Unknown said...

Ay-oh Ay-oh! but my postcards wont be as exciting as those from say... florence! hahahaha! ;P emaliing you my mailing address right....... NOW!

Andhari said...

happy bloggiversary my dear. Just dmd you my address :)

bananas. said...

k i haven't sent or received a postcard in years. to be honest, i had no idea they existed still. ha! i'm a techno freak and texts are about all the mail i get. this is a clever idea. good luck with all that. here's hoping you receive a million cards!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I already replied to your email so you know I'm in for this adventure. ;o)

Happy Blogiversary, Nashe!

Love ya like a hog loves slop! (Should I have said that to a Muslim? lol)


Diane

Anonymous said...

awesomeness, i'll send one! will email you in a bit.

the girl in stiletto said...

I am definitely IN yo momma! :D

krissy ♥ said...

Sorry my email got a bit delayed.. I sent you one already! Yay! ♥♥

flashman said...

Ok hi now I wish I lived somewhere else. Lol.

amor said...

Count me in! count me in! I'll send you some from East Asiaaaa!

Laila P said...

Oh wow, this is a great idea! I'll be in touch to send you my address and also get yours to send your prize!

Anonymous said...

it's 17th! happy blogoversary!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
.:*aMbAr*:. said...

Congrats on the blog bday!!! and I'm in! I recently did something like this,and it was amazing.

Nashe^ said...

YAY to everyone here! :D

deepteshpoetry said...

I swear I hvnt seen anything lk this.Superb indeed.It's bn a while....posted a new poem on my blog.pls chk

Woozie said...

I'd ask for a postcard but it wouldn't exactly be fair; I never did get around to mailing you that gift you asked for like two years ago.

Ahahgshene said...

oh my gosh! how did you get so much postcards!? i want some!!!! O_O!!!

i love snail mails! i think when i send one ... i'm gonna write.. I BET THE MAILMAN IS READING THIS RIGHT NOW! LOL!

also, thank you for the birthday greeting!!! i appreciate it much!

floreta said...

wow what a great idea!! and that is super cute. :) happy blogversary

Anonymous said...

Happy blogversary :)

Rika The Lost Wanderer said...

oh my God, I just saw this, I want that Florence postcard! xD

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Amélie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive