"Tell me more, tell me more. Did she put up a fight?"
I'm gonna get right down to this. A friend of mine passed away yesterday, due to a virus. She's been in hospital for some time. I got the news as I exited the train, on the way home from school. I couldn't react. What do you do when you're hit with such news after a long day? It's just not done.
Her name was Shaffadina. I knew her in secondary school. She was not a close friend but she was on my mind recently, since she just added me on Facebook not long ago. Come to think of it, I was just browsing pictures of her and her family the other day while in school, showing Masrois the pictures of her baby. And now she's gone. It's a hard reality to accept.
We did a Grease dance routine together with like 8 other members of our police cadet corps for a campfire competition against other schools. (Naturally, we won.) That was probably one of the best dances of my life. Not only because we kicked everyone else's ass, but because we shared a common spirit and camaraderie that I never found elsewhere til today. The best time of my school life, and Shaffadina was a part of it.
We talked quite a lot during secondary school, considering the fact that we didn't share any classes. She told me about her crushes and her dumb exes. She told me how she wished she was as smart as me but "too bad" she wasn't. She told me how she was sick of flitting from one guy to another, and how cool it would be to just start her own family. Then one day, years later, I bumped into her and some guy in the train.
"That's my husband," she said.
So she had happily settled down, after all. At 17. Not surprising at all, if you ask me. I was happy for her. After a million superficial flings, she was ready, and she finally got what she wanted. And God must have answered her prayers coz she had a gorgeous son to add to her life soon after that.
It's still hard to believe. Things like this just don't happen to the ones you know. Like many good people, she's gone too soon. But maybe.. just maybe, it is okay. I believe she got everything she ever wanted out of life. At 20 her life was already so full, from what I can see. There was hardly a thing missing and that's more than what most of us can say.

We'll miss you.
~Grease Lightning!~
The Nashty
- Nashe^
- Twenty7 and not much hotter. Looking for my happily ever after.
Be a Baller and Join My Twitterazzi
Or Click Here to Ask Me Dirty Questions
Mantra of The Moment
Stalking Me Yet?
Followers
Stuff I REALLY Want
- Love in the first degree
- A Trip to North Africa
- A brain scan/ fMRI
- All books by Belinda Jones
- All books by Rachel Gibson


19 comments:
and her son is so cute, too. what a loss. may god bless her soul. :(
I Want To Cry.
oh honey, i'm so sorry. what a beautiful post to honor your lost friend.
may the memories help you smile as you remember her beauty and her life.
Aw geez. That is terrible. Poor poor boy, losing his mom so young :(( They r both so beautiful. She's in a better place now ya?
I'm really dumbfounded as to what to say and have a serious lump in my throat.
Such a beautiful baby and she was a baby herself in terms of age.
I can't imagine how you'd be feeling right now. God bless. (hugs)
may her soul rest in peace, amin! :(
*Hugs* I'm so sorry to read this, death is incomprehensible, especially at such a young age. But I love the fact you pointed out how rich her life was, and she will definitely be celebrated for that.
*Hugs* I'm so sorry to read this, death is incomprehensible, especially at such a young age. But I love the fact you pointed out how rich her life was, and she will definitely be celebrated for that.
nashtee, you've done right by your friend by posting this memorial.
there's no rhyme or reason to the strikings down-- some at 80, some at eighteen.
gather ye rosebuds, friends.
Oh, I'm so sorry. But you seem to be taking it well, by remembering the good times you had together and all her accomplishments :D
i never really knew her and all..but, damn, since the day we saw her on the train, there was a part of me that had always wished we'd bump into her more in the future. when you told me yesterday, i was so shocked, the tears the just came and i had to go off the phone before i made a fool of myself in public. But oh man, i really didnt expect it to be the last time i saw her.
(2:156) الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا اليه راجعون
oh no. that is so sad. gone too soon in deed. =(
Aww...may your friend RIP!!!
Wow. Innalillah. Sedihnye... Kesian anak dier. Moga rohnya dicucuri rahmat.
RIP. Some people are just taken away too quickly.
this makes me so sad :(
i'm so sorry for your loss Nashe
May her family be strong
Holy shit. What kind of virus takes out a young healthy looking person like that?
Tragic :(
@ G: Apparently she had pneumonia...
:'( i can feel her family feeling. may she rest in peace. :(
Post a Comment