Yogi Nashty
A very pregnant friend of mine, Minty, requested that I (and a few others) came over to her place to do some yoga with her, since I am seemingly good at it. Her doctor had apparently advised her to take up some form of calming exercises before her due date coz she's got "a lot of physical tension". And you know me, always happy to oblige...
Right.
I actually had to be dragged over, kicking and screaming until Minty promised to buy us all pizza. (And you know me.. I'm a pizza addict when I'm not being a cookie monster, so...)
Honestly, I don't fancy 'teaching' or being consulted about stuff that I know little about, stuff like yoga. I'm a very shy person to begin with! And I have this perfectionist streak when it comes to certain things, and I won't 'teach' something unless I know I'm really REALLY good at it. (Although I was a natural at ashtanga yoga.. and not to brag, but my instructor did say I had the best downward dog position in class.)
Moving on. I didn't know going for 5 formal sessions of yoga makes me a pro but never mind. There are exceptions sometimes, right? Especially when your seven/eight-months pregnant buddy is really seeking help and baiting you with pizza.

Our little session went well, I suppose. No pulled hamstrings or torn ligaments of any sort. (Ed note: no broken waterbags either, LOLS) So, YAY. My amateur yoga instructing skills aren't that bad after all, eh. I even had a pregnant lady under my stretched kapotasana pigeon wing; how badass is that? No ambulance-on-standby necessary.
I guess people don't need the best all the time, nor do they ask for perfection. They just need whatever you can give; and sometimes that's good enough.
The Nashty
- Nashe^
- Twenty7 and not much hotter. Looking for my happily ever after.
Be a Baller and Join My Twitterazzi
Or Click Here to Ask Me Dirty Questions
Mantra of The Moment
Stalking Me Yet?
Followers
Stuff I REALLY Want
- Love in the first degree
- A Trip to North Africa
- A brain scan/ fMRI
- All books by Belinda Jones
- All books by Rachel Gibson


33 comments:
Exactly. So why is that so hard for you to learn, mi chica? ;)
I gotta see you do this shiz one day.
@ Izan: Maybe it's coz I expect the best from others, so I subconsciously believe that others expect the best from me as well?
I wanted to write a really deep and insightful comment but I keep being distracted by that pizza. It looks yummy!
Pizza and cookies, you're so my soulmate. And we should hang out and go get them maybe minus the yoga? lol
voila. la yogui. tu sais, YOGUI.
i foresee u're either going to smack me or push me off a cliff.
@ Nic: Tis okay, it's meant to distract! Mwahaha.
@ Andhari: Okay. So I'll meet you at like, SenCi at 4 o'clock later? :D
@ Masth: I shall be tactile and give you Le Yeux Malveillant. (Tu sais, the evil eye)
so you rocked the black-pink pants after all! bien. i told you, it'll be fine... never forget the badass nirvana you've attained. hahaha.
mushrooms on cheese is something i don't mind seeing after waking up from my siesta.
If I were in your place, I wouldn't have been a very good instructor. I don't speak clearly with mouthfuls of pizza. :)
You are very intelligente, hence a perfectionist. It's your character... Chill, lil sis, you're doin' just fine ;-)
thanks. you just make me feel less crappy about my job. re to: "I guess people don't need the best all the time, nor do they ask for perfection. They just need whatever you can give; and sometimes that's good enough. "
me want pizza plus cookies. i'll bring bottles of coke :D
So true. Sometimes it's hard fer us to see that our real friends will accept what you can offer,no matta how little.
I envy you sometimes. The way you can do so many things and do them well!
@ putra: I wouldn't mind either ;)
@ Sandy: HAHAHA
@ MKL: Well, it's not in my character all the time...
@ Ejannz: Sounds like a plan! :D
@ J: Really? I push myself too hard at times. :(
Good that you have something to deviate your attention from schoolwork. And your friends are lucky to have you (vice versa) =)
Yoga! Something I'd love to try but never got around to doing it...I have the flexibility of a 90 year old. Totally worth it for the pizza though.
Pizza and yoga? Sounds like my kind of thing. =) You know what would be perfect? you teaching me to do yoga and me eating pizza and cookies. lols. hehehehe ok, i'll give you a slice of pizza if you teach me your yoga moves. does that sound fair to you? hehehe
=))
I like doing yoga in fitness first... errr twice a month XD
@Rika: That's great!
Pizza conquers all! It's how I magically found SIX moving buddies to help us out this weekend... ;-)
Moving on o_O
I'd never try and break my bones for pizza. What's wrong with you, Nashe? Set your priorities. :-)
@Demigoddess, I almost fell of my chair, haha.. That was really funny :D
@ LiLu: Hahaa!!
@ Angel: I've never been great with priorities...
Lol, nicely done! So I've noticed the change of template :/ Am I too late to have noticed :/
I need some serious yoga classes, I'm going to start with Relaxation Yoga and work my way up the levels. I'm incredibly unhealthy that way - stretching will have to come slow and steady. *sigh*
But good job girl!
that pizza is making me hungry :/
your blog is very interesting.I like to add you in my blog roll
I welcome you to my blog,leave your valuable comments and your link back is welcomed……….
@PLP: Thanks! And all the best to you! :)
@ Rajkumar: thank you?
I never did yoga when I was pregnant...lol
Hey, I gave you an award! Come on by the good old blog, and pick it up!
XO,
Lashawn
Yea, that was totally worth free pizza. Glad to hear no babies were born in the process.
@ LaShawn: I'll be checking it soon!
@ Tellie: Haha! Totally!
Pizza is better than yoga.
Pizza AND yoga?! What's not to like! Glad no waters were broken; my sister-in-law is due in a month and I get nervous she's going to pop everytime I'm around her.
WAHAHAHA!
Post a Comment