What does it mean to mean?

I don't know how to put my thoughts down coherently these past few days. It's like... blogger's block? Plus, there are just too many things going on and I've had trouble sorting them out, even in my head. Can I just make a list of some of the stuff? (I hear a virtual resounding yes, so I shall proceed)

1) My new courses/subjects.
Does Discourse and Conversation sound like anything remotely fun to you? How bout Morphology and Syntax? I just wanted to DIE looking at everything we have to cover. And the first lecture we have for my Semantics course is titled: "What does it mean to mean?"

Trust me. I don't have to sit through that lecture to know that it'll be messing with my conversational skills, like many other linguistic courses do.


2) The Tankernaut called again. (I don't know what he's still doing in my life, either)
It was a really short, empty conversation in which his purpose eluded me, but I do recall him saying something along the lines of "I miss your body"...

Ok fine I lied. That was a direct quote. LULZ. Sorry hunneh, but there's only one Nashty to go around and she's currently in a relationship with herself, so bye.


3) My Aunty Shirley nearly got scammed by Chinese nationals.
It's a long story. They called her saying they've kidnapped her son, and demanded SG$30,000 (US$20,800). They theatened to chop his hand off and everything. Her son is like 30 years old, wtf. And c'mon! WHAT kind of dumbass kidnappers ask for measly $30K ransoms in the first place!

I know it was a horrible time for Aunty Shirley but I don't know which was funnier, the fact that her son is a grown man, or that the crooks asked for a lame amount. Tsk.


4) My phone just died on me.
I usually switch my phone on late morning/noon. But that day I woke up early and switched it on around 7AM, and it refused to wake the shit up. And it never did. So I'm like borderline depressed and can't wait to collect it from the service center later. All the stored memory will be gone, though. WAILS, SOBS, CRIES, etc


On another note, I found out that a few people from this island have been using the search function up there to look for certain *ahem* characters from my past, and devouring quite possibly everything in my archives. Zup with that? Quit lurking; this isn't the place to forever hold your peace.

This stalkerish thing inevitably made me click on and read my older posts and those ancient comments. I must say.. good or bad, you guys can still make me giggle.

17 comments:

rachaelgking said...

Just plugged in my phone... thanks for the reminder! ;-)

floreta said...

"there's only one Nashty to go around and she's currently in a relationship with herself, so bye."
love that! <3

those classes don't sound all too exciting..

TG said...

You have same classes like me! Syntax was ok, but morphology is a killer :(

Anyway, what were these people searching for? Were you involved in a scandal? Boy, I think some people are very weird, rummaging in your old posts. As if you haven't evolved and moved on.

the girl in stiletto said...

dear stalkers,

please do not make my beloved nashe-licious mad. or else i'll kick your balls with my pretty in pink stilettos.

thank you.

TGIS.

p.s babe, let's keep on being in relationship with ourselves lol. i think i'm so gonna use that quote the next someone asks me if i have a boyfriend:

sorry, i'm in a relationship already.

with myself.


bwah ha ha. i'll make reference to you :)

Andhari said...

Stalkers are creepy asses.

Anyhoo, I love it that you ignored the dude, Nash. Look what he's missed, you don't need him. Stay awesome-o!

Gadfly said...

Need to borrow a gun? I got lots ;-)

Nashe^ said...

@ MKL: I think I prefer Morphology though.. Syntax is just hard for me.

@ Ejannz: That'll be cool XD

@ Gad: Like I always say, I'm not a violent person... :]

Anonymous said...

Those classes sound about as fun as watching paint dry. I admire your pluck.

flashman said...

Omg, the kidnapping scam is so 'Crimewatch'! lol

nitia/ monto said...

lololol.. what a dumbass kidnapper, wait i thought singapore was safee?

The Demigoddess said...

Morphology? Isn't that relevant to the Power Rangers? "It's morphin' time."

I love the "I miss your body" direct quote. These days, I'd much rather hear that than I miss you.

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

You are just too cool sweetie. I just love when you said, "Sorry hunneh, but there's only one Nashty to go around and she's currently in a relationship with herself, so bye."... you are awesome. Tomorrow's friday and the weekend is here, so i hope everything will look brighter for you by then. take care sweetie. mwah. =)

izan said...

You mean... Mr Hotstuff ain't getting that booty no more?


Sometimes you are just too awesome.

putra said...

a big lol to izan's comment... ;D

Nashe^ said...

@ Flaz: I KNOW!!

@ Nitia: It is, but you can't be 100% everything all the time...

@ Angel: YES! So it's about words changing and stuff.

@ Izan: ...

masrois said...

peutet u should credit nala la lioness for the title bfore u die of plagiarism. HAHAHAH!

Nashe^ said...

GASP! Omg tu as raison.

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Am&eacute;lie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive