Tennis Schmenis
Okay so where was I before some hunk in blue caught me off-guard?
Oh yes, my depressing single life.
Thursday was spent playing tennis (at a badminton court) with the GFF. We played doubles with her colleague Tysha and some random neighbour whose name I've forgotten.
I know, I know.. me? Tennis? WTF, right? But I've actually been playing for about a year now, though not regularly. I'm not on the roll towards becoming the next Sharapova, don't worry.
I have accepted the fact that I thrive better somewhere with a barre, polished floors and mirrors all around. Something about tennis makes me yell a lot and fear for the safety of my head. Overall, tennis does not calm me (See picture).
My biceps (non-existent as they are) ache quite badly now. What can I say, the last time I really used my arms for a workout was like a year and a half ago during bboy practice. My stretching routines are also getting less frequent by the week, I feel like I'm gonna pull a hamstring any moment. It's really not funny. I'll also have to resume weights training if I don't want flabby arms.
And why the heck am I harping so much on exercise regimes, again?
Moving on.
Had blondies and ice-cream earlier today with a bunch of people at my Korean friend Hae-Mi's place! She has become our personal baker. Brownies, blondies, fudge bars... it has been a busy year for her oven. No pictures of the baked goods; I forgot to snap any after having heated discussions over MTV. Hae-Mi, this means you will have to make another batch just so I can put a picture up here. No two ways about it.
One day I'm exercising my ass off, the next I'm stuffing my face with carbs. Brava.
The Nashty
- Nashe^
- Twenty7 and not much hotter. Looking for my happily ever after.
Be a Baller and Join My Twitterazzi
Or Click Here to Ask Me Dirty Questions
Mantra of The Moment
Stalking Me Yet?
Followers
Stuff I REALLY Want
- Love in the first degree
- A Trip to North Africa
- A brain scan/ fMRI
- All books by Belinda Jones
- All books by Rachel Gibson

23 comments:
Oh, btw Ejannz, the Awe-summ award will be up in the next post! :D
Just FYI...
I never knew our hostess earlier on was korean.
we shall have more debates about MTV over more of Hae-Mi's baked stuff, oui. and also marvel at kanye d'ouest's unattractiveness and bad complexion.
cheers.
hahaha yeah tennis isn't my thing either i think i tried it many moons ago...and theres a reason i never tried it again. and theres a reason the pro tennis players make those loud grunting noises when playing. haha! :P
Oh no! Not a post about tennis!!! You know how much of an addict my boyfriend has become of tennis right? He plays every single freakin day! Those brownies and fudge bars sounds good. send some over here!
i used to play tennis. just to score hunks LOL. i learned it the hard way ie smashed by the tennis balls, that tennis was NOT a good way to score hunks LOL.
no worries about the award LOL.
n the states, beyond the major cities, all we know of korean cuisine is their famous bar-b-cue. the louisiana town i live in has dozens of chinese restaurants, several thai restaurants, and a couple of japanese establishments, but not a single korean one.
o u po hurtin thang. over the age of twelve, a dancer's muscles should ache every day, including biceps
@ Masth: ...and wait for my T.I!!
@ Kym: But sometimes they look so good and make it look so effortless! Hrmpph...
@ Mel: I sent some over, didn't you get it? :o) You should play together with him, btw. Hoho.
@ Ejannz: I had some thoughts about scoring hunks too! But, oh well. Big sigh.
@ Uno: How about kimchi and stuff? Btw, the fact that my muscles don't hurt that often shows how out of touch I am, eh. =(
Drats, I don't have any biddies who can cook or bake. Sad, huhm? I can't play tennis either. The racket's too heavy!
Never thought I'd hear u say things like 'weights training'. I ave more to learn about u! Lol.
I like any kind of talk about exercise or keeping fit. Glad you know the importance...
@ Justyn: I have trouble swinging the racket too! LULZ
@ Ortega: Hey I know a lot more, okay. ^^
Huh what is a blondie? Cousin of a brownie? Have to google this. BTW tennis in Singapore is such an orang-kaya sport ok. You don't find normal people playing tennis here..
lemme guess, you were too busy and enticed by your friend's baking goods right. then again, that's how it always is. ;)
Hold it right there, b-boy practice?
You go spill all about it, you do breakdancing and I never know?
My god, spill, woman.
@ Flashman: Yes, brownies' cousin. And yeah I have to agree it's some what an orang-kaya sport. Maybe that's why I don't excel in it. XD
@ Hamizah: YEAP. ALWAYS! And who can forget the whole waving-arms routine during American Idol...
@ Andhari: Well I did tell you I was in street dance... hehe! Yeah I had formal bboy practice for about two years.
whey nash.. if i have a house party, you will be appointed the chef. ok? and of course, I will have a baker. hehehe.
@ Ayme: InsyaAllah!
Why do I lately come across bloggers who are single? Maybe when you're single again yourself, you see more people of same kind being lost like you... we'll I'm not into tennis... But I like your musings :) Nice post.
Are Blondies the lighter version of Brownies??? Enlighten me, please. XD
@ Nino: Thanks, dude. It might be singles season. LOL. Come back soon.
@ Amor: Yeah, you can say that! (According to my baker friend, you gotta use light brown sugar)
tennis is awesome..and that picture? funny like hell.. hahaha
@ Nitya: You play the game? :)
i soooo miss playing :(
i played 4 years in HS but i don't have anyone to play with now.
it's great that you've been playing and having fun with friends too!
Yeah! But too bad I really suck at it! :(
Post a Comment