La Heroine
I attended a reunion dinner of sorts last night. It wasn't exactly my party and I didn't really know anyone, but whatevs, right?
The food was mostly Indonesian fare, coz the host had just learnt to cook some traditional indo dishes. I had some really good tahu telur, stuff called soto betawi and uhh, satay again. With some pink-ed out es delima for dessert, which is my total favourite. :))
There was a really random white guy sitting in a corner gesturing wildly to some chick who just looked confused. My buddy Daniel asked what the matter was, and the girl said she didn't understand the white guy. "He's speaking French!" And Daniel suggested I do the talking instead since I could speak some French. Uhh, okay? And for some reason, a bunch of people gathered to hear what I would say.
I said hi, do you need something?
And he went off on a whole rant which I could not catch.
I was like, "Lentement, s'il vous plait!" and he laughed. Which made everyone else think I had said something amusing enough to make the foreign guest laugh.
Actually, I just told him to slow down.
Well anyway.. his name was Claude, and he apparently wanted to use the bathroom to wash his face. Only no one understood him coz he used the term "salle de bain" instead of "toilettes", which would have been more recognizable. Apres ca, We chatted some more after he came out from the bathroom.
Were you also wondering where the heck he came from in the first place? As I found out, one of the guys who arrived in Singapore from Bandung that evening met Claude at the airport, and invited him to the gathering. And Claude agreed coz besides the fact the he was slightly drunk, he thought the dinner sounded interesting.
Like, whut? C'est bizarre ca.
After you have gotten over the fact that a Frenchman was basically kidnapped by a crazy Indonesian at the Singapore airport, just call me the heroine of the night.
The Nashty
- Nashe^
- Twenty7 and not much hotter. Looking for my happily ever after.
Be a Baller and Join My Twitterazzi
Or Click Here to Ask Me Dirty Questions
Mantra of The Moment
Stalking Me Yet?
Followers
Stuff I REALLY Want
- Love in the first degree
- A Trip to North Africa
- A brain scan/ fMRI
- All books by Belinda Jones
- All books by Rachel Gibson

19 comments:
that's my multilingual girl!
sometimes, you just rock so much more than expected.
Awesome, you know that? I dont know what he would have done if u were not there. LOL
I read your previous post. Get that house! Then invite us all for a huge partaayyyy.
LOL< That is so funny. I always find crazy random party guests happen at international parties, never back at home. Love french boy, sounds cute... was he? lol
http://fab.typepad.com
awwww the knight-ee in shining armor! was he good looking? LOL. french dont usually as good looking as italian but they're sexier & yummier, what's with the sexy accent & all. lol.
nashe, try this link for the vespa award:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_n-p2lmYEkbk/SeeeoPymwVI/AAAAAAAABPY/A6WechvDKSw/S150/Blogger_Friendship_Award_2009.jpg
btw, i've more awards for you to collect. feel free to grab them! :)
@ putra: Badder than a badass, right? ;)
@ Izan: Of course I will!
@ Margarita: He wasn't too bad, just unshaven and a little nerdy! XD
@ Ejannz: LULZ! The guy, as I said above, wasn't too bad! But he has been backpacking a lot so I guess he just looks a little tired.
Ok, you the heroine of the night. Happy? =D
I nak all the makanan!! I'm on a diet, you shldn't have mentioned the satay!
i don't think i've ever tried indonesian food. sounds yum. do you speak french too??
@ Fairuz: Yes, happy. :D
Oi. Diets suck. Get out of it!!
@ Floreta: It IS yum, although some are not really to my liking. Oh, yeah French. My proficiency is not mind-blowing, though! XD
Bahahaha Indonesians are crazy like that, you know how social we can be. We take everyone to hang out and expect them to mingle. We big party animals lmao.
Soto Betawi is efffffin good dude, so does sate. I'll be eating sate ayam tonight just because you tempt me to. :P
yea, kickass, of course! like i said, if it looks like a party animal, sounds like a party animal and walks like a party animal... IT IS an indonesian.
lulz. love you hunneh.
HEROINE of the Night!!
I still find it awesome that you can carry a conversation en francais! I can't do it for nutz. The name Claude sounds sexy! Wahrahhah.
I feel hungry now, although I have never eaten any of that food. =(
@ Lo: I didn't have much of that soto betawi coz I ate a bit too much sate. LULZ. Think of me when you eat it tonight, chica. ;)
@ Putra: How can I forget that phrase, right? XD
Love you too bunneh.
@ Justyn: Yeah it does sound sexy, heh heh. The person wasn't vavavoom though =p
Claude is a nutcase. Drunk and disoriented, he's lucky he wasn't robbed or worse, sent to the ladies room.
That's just weird. I mean, inviting some random stranger to a party. But whatever..I commend your guy friend for his hospitality.
that was le mieux moment to go "ON FETE CA ALORS!!!" a lui!!!!
A strange, foreign language-speaking drunk man brought from a chance meeting in a public place to a party for no reason? sounds a lot like Athens. Did anyone pee in the front yard?
IM GONNA QUOTE YOU.
HERE GOES...
"MARHAH MARHAH!!!!"
heh.. Ok, you're always the heroine.... HEH.
Lucky they even recognised the language he was speaking..
@ Demigoddess: I know, right? But he's lucky. Haha.
@ Amor: Oh amor... you don't know how crazy indonesians kick it! XD
@ Mas: KO DIAM. DIAM, JE DIT.
@ Woozie: There was no front yard to begin with, and it was meant to be a clean dinner gathering with minimall alcohol. So...no. :))
@ Lynna: yeah, but I think that's coz the guy who brought Claude in asked where he was from, at the airport. lulz
Post a Comment