Stuff you hear in my house.

- "I get tired after work, that's why I have to exercise."

- "How do you like my new pants? Awesome, right? I feel so... American."

- "I want to know what you're getting me for my birthday before I buy you something for yours."

- "Why do you paint your nails? Is it because they're dirty?"

- "When you start earning your own money, you have to split it 5 ways coz you got 4 parents."

- "DO YOU KNOW WHAT HE DID?? He walked in the sun coming home from school!!"

- "This is the fourth week in a row that I've eaten only carrots and tomatoes for dinner, you know? Wow."

- "You shouldn't eat so many carrots, or you'll go blind."

...

Frankly speaking, this post is just to distract me from something I just found out. I'm not sure why I'm freaked out about the 'news' when it's something I should have expected long ago. I guess expecting something is still different from actually seeing/hearing about it. Maybe there was that part of me that didn't believe it's true before today. This news should/does not, in any way, impact my life in the slightest, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not emotionally affected. Isn't it funny how we concern ourselves with other people's random shit when we have loads more to settle on our own?


By the way, another person from my university's school of engineering died. Two deaths from the same faculty within a week? Bravo.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo. He's from China, kan?

Wow! Tomatoes and carrots only?? I can never do that even if you paid me.

Anonymous said...

flol i feel so american?!! that must be your elder brother huh. what pants were those anyway?

Anonymous said...

and i'm really curious what news you just found out. plerq it to me bebe.

Fardde said...

and so was there one death case from NUS..

Anonymous said...

I dont know which of the 8 statements i'm laughing at. LAWLZ.

and yeah. su guaning emailed us abt the other suicide. sad man...

Nashe^ said...

@ Fai: Yeah, he's a graduate, though. And heck, I won't eat rabbit food like that either! (That was my dad, btw)

@ putra: Blue-white drawstring pyjama pants! Seriously. The american link is beyond me, too.

@ Dilah: Huh? How come it's not in the news...

@ Mas: Oui je sais. Next email will be about how the body has been successfully cremated or whatever, right?

Anonymous said...

..OR YOU WILL GO BLIND??!!!

That was my first laugh of the day.

Thank you. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Hello Nashe.

That was hilarious. Some of the funniest things should come from family!
Been reading this blog for some time, and I think u remind me of sOphie Kinsella's rebecca Bloomwood! Especially when you mentioned a finance company asked u to join them as a financial adviser. I like your analogies. Cute! I'm bookmarking you :)

Nashe^ said...

@ Izan: Haha! You're welcome. Happy to make you laugh. :D

@ Heloise: LULZ. Thanks, I'm glad you like it. Becky Bloomwood? You're like the 4th person to say that! XD

Anonymous said...

one of the other guy is an indonesian, right? how's everything going in your university after the scandals?

Anonymous said...

That was your DAD??? WOW ah! Semangat... my dad wouldn't hold up for 2 days. hohums.

Anonymous said...

Really? Cool. :) BTW how come you have '4 parents'? lol!

Nashe^ said...

@ Nitya: Yeap, I blogged about him previously. Things here are going on as per normal, but we're getting constant emails from the school president about how our counselling centers are always open if we need help, blah3x, that sort of stuff!

@ Fai: I didn't think my dad would hold up, but he did! I guess I should be proud eh. -LMAO-

@ Heloise: That's coz I lived with my aunt and uncle since the day I was born til I was 6-7. We're still really close and I still consider them my parents in a way. =)

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

LOLS! hehehehe... Tomatoes and carrots only? My goodness. But I love tomatoes so can I come live at your place? Just don't make me eat any carrots. I hate carrots. hehehehe

Anonymous said...

the second one must be your brother. hahaha. and the nails...either your mom or your younger siblings. could be your dad too. ahahah. tis like a guessing game.

Andhari said...

Carrot? Tomato? Are we perhaps in bunnyland?LOL I need to eat more vegetables and less crap :P

Nashe^ said...

@ Lolita: Bunnyland? I'd say yes! MAJOR ROFL please!

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Amélie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive