"Kalau kail panjang sejengkal, jangan lautan hendak diduga."

So I had a picnic at the beach earlier today. Another round of good food with great company. I've decided not to post pictures this time round, just because. Whatever. The day was more eventful than expected.

From the time we substituted picnic mats with tablecloths, to digging into a dustbin, to taking a bajillion pictures in the car, to taking a few hundred wrong turns, to scraping the side of the car... it was all too memorable.

And who can forget the fact that Tank's brother was fucking FISHING at the spot right next to ours? The damn beach was huge and he just had to be there. I really didn't like it that he picked that precise spot although it was a real coincidence. There's just something about picnicking close to your ex's brother that sucks real hard. And fishing?? That's something I don't get. It's like wandering in a store for an hour without buying anything. Dude, no fish can survive in the dirty beach waters of Singapore. Give it up already.

Shall not mention whatever that happened in relation to him being there.

Ended the day by watching an Indonesian horror movie called Tali Pocong Perawan (oh please don't ask me to translate) at Masrois's house. I, of course, was the one who lacked most self-control and thus screamed the loudest and longest. I'm rockin' like that.

Went home early coz we all have school tomorrow. Aren't you simply impressed by my/our discipline? (Ameliene, I shall phrase this same question differently for you when I see you. No sense embarrassing myself here for the sake of an in-joke shouldn't they?.)


Anyhoo. After all that fun, I feel kinda crappy being alone in bed tonight. But who cares about lil ol' me, right? I don't foresee any bare-chested hunky dudes climbing my bedroom window to make me happy. So good night or good day, wherever you guys are.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm feeling even crappier, please. and i'll need to hear more about mr fisherman.

Anonymous said...

Why....? I always like seeing your pictures =(

Nice analogy! I dont do fishing either but I try to tolerate it when my parents bring me along on their trips.

Anonymous said...

WHAT has the title got to do with anything? LOL! Because of the kail?

Anonymous said...

And what does the title mean? Is it a quote?

Andhari said...

You watched what?HAHAHA girly I dont know you like trashy indonesian horror movies hahahahahaha :P

unokhan said...

i can explain fishing. it's being able to do mostly nothing while experiencing the feeling that you are doing something. kinda like throwing a load of laundry in a washing machine and pretending you are working. but more fun.

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Awww...no pictures? =( TSK TSK...I feel the same about fishing, man that's no fun at all, well not for me anyway. I love scary movies too and scream my lungs out. Asian horror movies are so freakin scaryyyyyyy! Anyhow...I have something for you down at my blog. Yup you guessed it...It's another award for you. =)

Nashe^ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nashe^ said...

@ putra: You'll hear all about it, trust me. Haha.

@ Heloise: The title is a saying in Malay, something like "If your fishing line (or whatev you call it) is short, don't try to do the whole sea." The fishing line actually refers to knowledge.


@ Fai: Haha.. Yeap! XD

@ Lolita: It was totally trashy, I know!! But we just wanted something indo and freaky, so that was it. HAHA. Did you watch it?

@ Uno: The 'feeling' of doing something ain't gonna cut it, y'know? And HOW is it fun?? =\

@ Chinky: I know what you mean, the elements in Asian horror movies are more authentic! And yeap, checked it out, thank you! xoxo

Anonymous said...

ALDO!!!!!!!!!

Oh the last part of the movie was the best. when the 'thing' crashed onto the coffe table.

Nashe^ said...

@ Mas: One final scream, eh? Before your armchair toppled. XD

Anonymous said...

yeah Nashe. You had to scream until Humz nearly fell off her chair. Badass, madass! Hahaha. And like, I'm very excited to hear you phrase the question to me. HAHAHA~

and by the way, I think... kail is the hook sayang. Not the fishing line. HAHAHAHA.

I cant believe I was poking fun of Tanky's bro like nobody's bzness. HAHAHAHA.

And the swimming dude in the sea was just lame. ;/

Anonymous said...

oopsie, spotted a grammatical error. I meant, poke fun AT..not of...

Anonymous said...

Holy! Which beach did you go to???! I was at East Coast with my family on sunday. I was nt fishing, tho! lolz

Your life is so full of coincidences eh. Amazing. Yes, impressed by your discipline too.

Nashe^ said...

@ Ame: YOU screamed, too, jut not loud enough to drown out my yells. HAHA. And yo, I do NOT care wtf a kail is, okay! It could be the reel for all I care. XD

@ Flash: Thanks. I was at Changi!

Anonymous said...

yeah if we had (wait. i meant YOU) had screamed any louder my neighbour wld have called the police. LAWLZ.

and oh my gosh yes amelienne!!! The swimming old man!!! Hot stuff hot stuff. Barhahahahahah...ya think he might have been related to Tank's brother? They were sitting at the same spot, no? This is all just too bizarre. 0_o

The tai-tai (wannabe) said...

OMG...you watched that indonesian horror movie..it's a complete rubbish, ain't it?
hehehe...

Nashe^ said...

@ Masrois: The old man was with the group that waved us out of the parking lot. And TS was with that group. Oh well. And we were ragging on that old man like nobody's business. -.-

@ Eunice: I know! It's the kind of movie that doesn't create much mental stimulation. LMAO

Gadfly said...

When I was in 7th grade, I saw a horror movie at the theater. and it wasn't that the film was all that frightening, but whenever so much as a door would open, a theater full of 13-year-old girls would scream bloody murder and scare the bejesus out of me LOL

Nashe^ said...

Gad, I'm ashamed to say that I'm also the kind of girl who will scream at all the wrong parts. I need a remedy, pronto. (Trust me, I annoy myself, too)

Anonymous said...

hahahah hairy man in the night. you are too funny :)

Nashe^ said...

@ Floreta: NOT that hairy please!! XD

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Amélie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive