C'est la vie.

I had to go to the doc this morning since I have been feeling ill and lethargic lately for some reason. It's really a drag when you have to consult your doctor each time you suspect that your liver is acting up again. Anyhoo, met up with Adamus to get my cardigan back before I went to the clinic.

I was nervous at the thought of facing him. It was weird. It's the same sensation you get when you step inside a Ferragamo outlet during a sale. Excited, yet conscious and slightly apprehensive.

He looked the same as always- Smart and classy. But there was just something different. I can't put a finger on it. Conversation was sporadic and bumpy at best. There was no flow whatsoever.

Hi, Nash. How are you? Here's your cardigan. Don't worry, I didn't do anythin
g to it. Wait, where are you going? Oh. The doc? Are you alright? Your glucose levels again? Come on, I'll give you a lift.

Hi, I'm good. Thanks. How's your girlfriend? Yeah I'm a bit under the weather. Are you sure? You said you were late. It's okay, I can go on my own.



But he insisted, so I accepted. I guess he was trying to be gentlemanly about it or whatever, but he seriously didn't have to do that. It made me feel a bit nostalgic looking at the many rolled-up architectural blueprints that usually crowded his backseat. Oh yeah, he ended up following me all the way into the doctor's office. At first I thought it w
as fine having him accompany me, it felt comforting, until I realized it was kinda a bad idea. It wasn't that funny having him there when my doctor was confirming my recent (abysmal) sexual history.

Anyway, he suggested going to Chatterbox for a late lunch or something but I told him I had to get home to study. (Actually I was just afraid of bumping into Tankydoodle) He apologized for
the text he sent a few days back, too. I told him it didn't matter.

And you know... it really doesn't. The relationship just didn't work out. Granted, it was a pretty awful split with Tank in the picture; but I'm past it and I hope he's over it as well. I think we both knew deep down that it wasn't gonna work between us. We were, as they say, cut from different cloths. Like a Gaultier top paired with a Dior skirt. No way. That's sad but it's fine. C'est la vie.


The greatest thing about being young is that you can afford to make mistakes. And as long as they're not too major, you can still smile about it un semaine plus tard (ou peut-être dans dix minutes).

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's okay sayang. Trust me, Adam will remember you for the rest of his life.

Hugs your way!

Nashe^ said...

Thank you. Mahal Kita, zan.

Anonymous said...

Oi bimbo! No more designers for you, eh, tolong sikit!

Btw, wanna meet up at Nectarie soon? I kinda miss you 2 bimbos. Exams over?

-RD

Nashe^ said...

WAHAHAHHAA... Hot damn, Nectarie sounds good! My exams ain't over. Send me a text, dude. The bimbos miss you too.

Anonymous said...

Lucu deh itu.

Anonymous said...

Haha. No you people don't miss me. You miss your chauffeur kan? HAHA.

-RD

Nashe^ said...

@Ronny : =)


@RD : No lah!! Seriously. Ask Shinny. We talk about you like, all the time. Hehe.

d e s z y a said...

mahal kita means i love you, isn't it?

wow.. what a contrary situation

and yes, agreed with you, the greatest thing about being young is that we can afford to make mistakes :D

Woozie said...

Your recent abysmal sexual history? Do tell, girlfriend!

Nashe^ said...

@ Des: Of course. Haha. And yes, it's I love you, in Tagalog :)
Indeed, we love our friends, y'know?


@ Woo: I've been Tank-less. Nuff said?

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Amélie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive