London & Oxford
2nd day in London, we had to travel all over London by the Tube. We had our own 5-6 person groups and had this quiz sheet to answer, where the answers can be found at our destinations. I was the leader of my group (oh, we're called the Purebloods, btw) and well...I'll leave you to guess which group came out tops, aye ;)High Street Kensington, where we started our long and tiring journey (to like, 6 different destinations)...
Some of the guys went crazy inside here... things were pricey, though.
House of the Huxleys. The house where Aldous Huxley wrote Brave New World... The plaque goes "Men of science and letters lived here."
There were, of course, a bunch of literary figures who lived and died at London, so all their houses were marked by a blue plaque.
The moment we spot a plaque (usually from afar), it's like a yelling session to see who can guess whose house it is/was first..
Alright that was just me waiting for the teachers to make up their minds about where to go next...
The always famous King's Cross station...
You wouldn't believe it, but a ticket checker approached me (of all people) and asked me for my ticket. Totally busted coz the damn tour guide gave us ALL child tickets. I gotta say, for the first few days, (before she got her act together) it seemed as though WE were leading her around the city. But anyway...
We passed the premiere of Bee Movie in London! Couldn't catch any stars, though... I was too short to see over the towering Britons.
Our last stop, Pimlico, where we went to the Tate gallery and looked at paintings by Millais.
Had dinner at a pub called Chez Gerard, where a bottle of still water costs 4 pounds... Luckily, 3 of us shared the bill for the damned still water that was "imported from the finest French mountain springs" or some shiz like that.
And the next day,(woohoo) Oxford University!That's the Quadrangle...(where Harry was chasing the Remembrall)
The staircase to the Dining Hall...
Inside Christ Church...
That night in Oxford, while roaming around shopping with 4 others, (I told you, we're mostly on our own) we actually picked up one of our own teachers who got lost on her own. Haha. If we hadn't seen her staring blankly at the junction, she woulda been there all night. We realised we should have just left her darn ass stranded though, when she became an agonizing bitch for the days to come.
Had great fun shopping at Oxford. Got original Oxford University stuff and you know how thrilling that can be for us. Hehe. Went back to the hostel realising how broke we were considering the fact that it was only our 3rd day in England. But it was all good... especially after we had our wake-up call the next day by someone who fell off the ladder climbing down from the top bunk.
I really miss Oxford. *wistful sigh*
The Nashty
- Nashe^
- Twenty7 and not much hotter. Looking for my happily ever after.
Be a Baller and Join My Twitterazzi
Or Click Here to Ask Me Dirty Questions
Mantra of The Moment
Stalking Me Yet?
Followers
Stuff I REALLY Want
- Love in the first degree
- A Trip to North Africa
- A brain scan/ fMRI
- All books by Belinda Jones
- All books by Rachel Gibson

8 comments:
Great pictures, Nashe. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. You'll remember it for the rest of your life. :-)
Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas, Nashe. ;o)
Love and hugs,
Diane
How freaking cool!
you are making me like, green with envy! ahahhaa.... glad you're back, though, :)
Pretty cool wasn't it? Eddie was at London too... too bad u guys didn't meet.. oh man it looked fun!
-RD
Lady! The pics are great! I've never been to UK before....hmm... Oxford Uni looks very grand, doesn't it? Wish I cld visit that too someday!
And you didn't go to the Hendrix Death House? What happened to you Nashe. I thought you were cool... :)
@ Diane : Merry Xmas! Yeah I will totally remember this trip... XD
@ Gad : You don't say!
@ Woo : Haha... I know! Haha. Oh c'mon man. It wasn't me running the itinerary!
@ Izan : LOL! Don't talk! You're at Cali now!
@ RD : Yeah....we could have so met up! No luck, I guess...
@ Sonco : Oxford was real grand, yeap. Should visit.
Post a Comment