B.A.C.K
Hello again to all my friends
I'm glad you came to play
Our fun and learning never ends
Here's what we did today!
Thanks to Barney the purple dinosaur for that.
So yeah I'm finally back home after a long looonng red-eye flight. We take off 3 times at one go. London-Heathrow to Dubai to Brunei to Singapore. Hoo boy. Am I pooped or what... And to answer Woozie's question, I was all over England, not just London.
1) London(-Heathrow)
2) Oxford
3) Stratford-upon-Avon
4) Bath
5) Haworth
6) York
7) Cambridge
8) London again
Some said I looked thinner when I returned, some said I got fatter. Hmmm. Others just said I looked way different. Je ne sais pas. You decide.
I thought the trip for a fortnight would be pretty hard for me, seeing that I'm the only one from my class on the trip, and being in one of the (how should I put it) ostracised classes in school will just add to the misery. But I guess it all went quite well, despite conversations such as..Person 1 : What class are you from?
Me : 0646A
Person 1 : Huh? Really? But you seem so nice.
//
Person 2 : What class class are you from?
Me : 0646A
Person 2 : 46A... oh that class! I know, I know...
I wonder what it was that she knew.
But I guess... you can't help but like each other to a certain degree after random "Hi"s and "Wanna walk with us?" and "Oh gosh did you see that?" conversations over 2 weeks. And I suppose for some of us...there was even time to fall in love. Although accidentally and unexpectedly. Ahem. Lets move on.
I stayed at 9 or 10 different places throughout the journey. It was good, but way tiring. And since we're on the move almost everyday, it seems like we've been travelling for a long time by the 5th day.
We hardly had our meals together as a 39-person group, except for breakfast most of the time when we'll wake up at the hostel. Other times, the tour guide and teachers would just tell us to get our own lunch/dinners and meet back at some spot at a certain time. Pretty cool. I never thought I'd be exploring England so much on my own! Not alone, of course. Mostly with a few other people. It's like, "Wanna go together?" and bam, there's your clique for the week. Hahaa....
Oh, I gotta say my favourite places were London, Oxford and Cambridge. I miss those places already. Booooo.
I got a maha load of pictures but of course, I can't show you all of them. But if you wanna see more, you could always trip over to Myspace. Hehe. Here are some of the preliminaries from my phone's camera while transiting for 8 hours in Brunei. We took a quick tour of the capital city then went back to the airport to slack around for a few more hours... click on pics to enlarge.I never tire of seeing the Jame' Assr Hassanil Bolkiah Mosque at Bandar Seri Begawan. It's just way grand. Oh, we went in, but no pictures were allowed.
We went to the RRB too. Saw the gifts the Sultan got from Presidents, Kings and Prime Ministers from all over Asia. I thought the gift from Singapore was seriously pathetic compared to what the other nations gave...but never mind. Don't ask me what it is.
Back at the airport...
They had a literal translation of Coffee Bean (& Tea Leaf) to Malay, and it turned out to be "Biji Kopi dan Daun Teh", which sounds a bit weird if you ask me, especially if you've never thought of Coffee Bean in Malay. I think the Malays will find it weird anyway.
We reached Heathrow airport early in the morning and I got a taste of western cold weather after 9 years. Went around London for a while...Didn't stop so much coz it was raining.Buckingham Palace. The Queen's flag wasn't up so that meant she wasn't at home.
Didn't get off at Trafalgar Square. That was disappointing.
Ok. I think I'm too tired to post anymore pictures. We'll do this step by step, alright! City by city...or something like that. Haha. Right-o it's late. Yaaawwnn....
The Nashty
- Nashe^
- Twenty7 and not much hotter. Looking for my happily ever after.
Be a Baller and Join My Twitterazzi
Or Click Here to Ask Me Dirty Questions
Mantra of The Moment
Stalking Me Yet?
Followers
Stuff I REALLY Want
- Love in the first degree
- A Trip to North Africa
- A brain scan/ fMRI
- All books by Belinda Jones
- All books by Rachel Gibson

6 comments:
You didn't go into the Tower of London, did you? That's how I know your group was all girls.
I've always been impressed ... but ... but ...
Wow
Remember when I told you that you were special ... that you were really smart?
How many people from your region got to go?
And you don't have to live up to shit. Just keep on pushing yourself. There are a hundred girls out there that are not good people in their core, that are not hot looking, and are not mentally gifted ...
This is your society pushing yourself to be
Be
/end cryptic shit :)
Glad to see you're back (and your front :o)
Oh yes, and Barney the purple dinosaur can eat a big fat juicy dick.
Yeah, and Barney sucks ass.
@ Woozie : No it's not all girls! Two thirds maybe. The coach driver didn't stop coz it was raining that day! ahahahha.... so yeah we kinda just passed it. Hehe.
Went to see St Paul's Cathedral instead and some Prince Albert shiz. =)
@ Gad : Haha! lollll... Yes G. I know. I got really lucky this time round, aye? Hehe.
And I'm so gonna ignore you people's comments about that purple jurassic mass that we all love. =P
Post a Comment