David Belle looks so mine. MINE!

This is gonna be long. Hehe. Don't begin reading unless u got an hour to spare. Blogging again, it feels like meeting a long-lost boyfriend. (or something.) Yes, i've missed you dopes too. =)
Finally watched Banlieue 13. It totally didn't let me down! Its the kind of movie y0u don't need any stupid popcorn to enjoy the show. Went out of the cinema feeling dang satisfied and completely fulfilled. Yes, i don't use that word v often but i was indeed FULLFILLED. haha..
Well done, Luc. The preview wasn't half as 'WHOOO!' as the movie itself. And lets not get me started on how my hon -i mean- David Belle looked. H-O-T. Ruggedly handsome I said? He's totally spot-on.

Movin on..My house Rasalas got last place (4th) in the Cross-country race; and my school got 4th (outta 12) in the recent Pidato(malay speech) competition.

4th. FOURTH. Big deal? You bet. Victory is addictive.

I so can't believe it. When did my losing streak start??
Let me recall what were some schticks I've been thru for the past 5 years, me and my pals: A ''^" indicates that event was related to NPCC.

^ We clinched the top spot for the Campfire Retro Dance. ^We went for a Cheering Competition at BBSS and got first prize.
^Next, we became the champions of Regent Sec's Inter-unit Obstacle Course. ^The same day, my juniors were the champs of their Swearing-in ceremony[Dance item]. ^Also, my friend's banner design was selected for some inter-school event.

I had my 1B-tracking battle 'Judgement Moment' at CPCC later and my team totally got first place. During the school's English Fortnight, I aced the Plain English Speaking speech, beating my older compatriots. Then my school sent a dance team for DanceWorks! and the galz whipped the asses of the other dancers in the semi-finals.


^Then, we went for our ATC'04 and my group Bravo emerged the overall champs.
And just this year, during JC orientation, my clan Wallawalla were the overall winners of Bode'Wadmi.(the name of the orientatn)


So as you can see, I am not seasoned with losing. Just not used to it. Due to heavy involvement in my hot NPCC squad, I been polished to be a winner. Never settling for less than a Champion trophy. 0owhee, it was like, all the other squads wanted to be us.
And I was basking in victories all this while, i never really gave a serious thought as to how I might feel or react if for one event, I/my team actually lost. In my mind, (and my fellow squadmates' minds too, i expect) it was the top spot for us- or nothing else.

I remember one time where we got like 3rd place or somethin for an event. All of us went home looking sickeningly dejected. NOT nice. I turned to someone and said "Don't get used to this." She just laughed. And now.... i guess the losses that happened recently seem like a slap to the face, know what I mean? *sigh*
Life is an up-and-down journey, you say? Guess i've been up there for too long... Time to lower the altitude --just a lil bit.

15 comments:

Anifanatic said...

~wai~ Smitten Kitten! Did you get your icon from my site? If not, it's quite a coincidence huh? :D *blush* *marks down another blog to keep an eye on* Mufufu :D

Vengelyne said...

Babe, you win some and you lose some. That's life. BUT what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, so GO YOU! :D

Vengelyne said...

Bad critiq: I can vouch for it that Smitten had that picture for her profile way before you put that pic up in one of your blog entries. ;)

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Nashe,
Sorry you feel like you failed, but you did come in fourth out of 12, which is in the top 1/3 of those competing. Not too shabby, I say. Just try harder next time. :)

Glad you enjoyed your movie, and happy to see you here in blogland again. I was having Nashe-withdrawals, LOL. :)

Nashe^ said...

BAD CRITIQ: hmmm...which icon would that be, B.C? i've used quite a few i think.

Nashe^ said...

V: haha...winning is just pure drug i guess! but yea...

Nashe^ said...

M.DIANE: yeah! U should watch Banlieue 13 too...(its called 13th District in some countries.)

but B13 has A LOAD of violence which...hmm..im not sure you'd enjoy! heehee. but oh well..
yeah great to be here again. I'm even doing this from school. hehzz

Nashe^ said...

BAD CRITIQ: Oh! oh! i just realized...k, that icon was so long ago. Haha. Nah, i got it from the CUTE website...heheee

total coincidence yea! cool.

Anifanatic said...

It's a good coincidence ;)

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Nashe,
I watch a lot of different things, so who knows if I'd like it or not?

And you mean you are actually blogging when you are supposed to be doing your schoolwork!?! Shame one you, LOL. ;)

It's good to see you back, though. :)

Nashe^ said...

BAD CRITIQ: yeah! haha...and your icon now looks erm, freaky.
=/
hehz.


DIANE: Naw.. not schoolwork. It was during my break, so i moseyed on to the library and used one of the puters! A simple, efficient concept!huhuhu..

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Ahhhhhhhhhh........okay, that's good, too. Whatever works so you can make sure I get my Nashe fix, LOL. ;)

Keep up the good work! :)

I'm beginning to think Yasser fell off the face of the Earth. I haven't heard from him in almost a week, and he hasn't posted on his blog in about that long, either. Have you heard from him? I'm kind of worried about him. :(

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Neat, Nashe,
I especially like the grad pic with the green frame and tulips. I have a couple of photo editing programs, but I haven't tinkered with them very much. Thanks for the pics. :)
I think I may try to edit the grad pic on my blog to the one you sent me. If I can, that is. :)

Nashe^ said...

Aww isnt ThaT sweet.... ur worried about Yasser!

Hmm...he mentioned something about camping out in the Indian wilderness to me..but i dont know if he went (yet).
And no, i don't think he fell off the face of the earth cuz his blog icon is changed!
Yas's gotta super busy or something, i suppose. Only having time to change his pic?

But yeah its weird....hahaz.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I noticed he'd changed his icon, too. Hopefully he's just busy celebrating his 20th. ;)
I got those pics you sent up on my blog if you want to check them out, and thanks again. :)

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Amélie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive