Our Topsy-turvy world
Exerpt: Alice In Wonderland
Alice: ...Grown-ups tell us to find out what we did wrong, and never do it again.
Mad Hatter: That's odd! It seems to me that in order to find out about something, you have to study it. And when you study it, you become better at it. Why would you want to become better at something, then never do it again? But please, continue.
Alice: Nobody ever tells us to study the right things we do. We're only supposed to learn from the wrong things. But we are permitted to study the right things people do. And sometimes we are even told to copy them.
Mad Hatter: But that would be cheating!
Alice: You're quite right, Mr Hatter. I do live in a topsy-turvy world. It seems like I have to do something wrong first, in order to learn from what not to do. Then perhaps I'll be right if I just don't do it. But I'd rather be right the first time, wouldn't you?
OK, half of you prolly don't geddit, but for those who do, you'll get full; coz that's food for thought.
The Nashty
- Nashe^
- Twenty7 and not much hotter. Looking for my happily ever after.
Be a Baller and Join My Twitterazzi
Or Click Here to Ask Me Dirty Questions
Mantra of The Moment
Stalking Me Yet?
Followers
Stuff I REALLY Want
- Love in the first degree
- A Trip to North Africa
- A brain scan/ fMRI
- All books by Belinda Jones
- All books by Rachel Gibson

0 comments:
Post a Comment