Jerry Vines, you thuck

Jerry Vines, a righthand man of the Southern Baptist Convention (ok,u dun have to know this creature)[but he's a balding old man,if u wanna know] was quoted on ze internet as saying

"They would have us believe that Islam is just as good as Christianity.
Christianity was founded by the virgin-born son of God, Jesus Christ. Islam was
founded by Muhammad, a demon-possessed paedophile who had 12 wives."


I aint tryna put up an ultra-controversial post here, but i think we should sit up and take notice. I am hurt. And im sure that many Muslims who read this are gonna be hurt too. Even if u aint a muslim, this kind of shallow, feather-brained, fatuous statement can also hit u raw in the nerves. I am irascible and suitably offended; but i am not about to sink so low as to shoot thiz witless, torpid and imbecilic man bastard down with my own stands on why many in ze world are not Christians . I have my dignity and i am not here to tell others what's wrong with their religion. Many of my friends are Christians but our world still revolves without any tactless comments being made. (that ok wit u?) I don't hate Christianity but im hating its JerryVines-like-followers in the US by the minute.

But Mr Jerry Vines, if you are reading this, let me be frank and inform you.. that one of da greatest reasons why some d0 hate your religion is because of languid people like you, who go around making insensitive and uncivilised comments about others' religion. You start losing respect from your fellow Christians, what more from the non-Christians. Your preposterous comments are just as sensible as Mr Rush Limbaugh's , who said: "There is only one way to get rid of nuclear weapons... use them."

(Hey, Mr Vines..Please don't get mad..Jesus denounces anger, remember?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha you rock girl! once i went to this magic show,, and i didnt know it was a christian's magic show, and at the end they jsut like ask everyone to give themselve to jesus,,and i just laugh,, haha, and this girl starts talking to me like i dont have a religion or something,,, and all of that crap,,,,haha why not call 1800-mother mary and ask whether moses's doing fine,, haha(it's a joke that's been going around in my family) well just happen to read up your blog,,, it's interesting,,, and yeps,,,,, we can't reason with this kind of ppl, just ignore'em:P, haha, aights!!!!!

Anonymous said...

nice post girl. =D its soooo.. NURUN.. hahah.. eh.. what does ur CG have to say about this person if he meets him i wonder...

but then again, maybe the only sound made would be.. "smack smack.. smash smash.."

haha.. u get what i mean..=P

The Nashty

Mantra of The Moment

“If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I." — Michael D. Montaigne

Stalking Me Yet?

Hawwllerrr!

Amélie Photobucket Get your own free Blogoversary button! Photobucket
eXTReMe Tracker

Followers

Stuff I REALLY Want

  • Love in the first degree
  • A Trip to North Africa
  • A brain scan/ fMRI
  • All books by Belinda Jones
  • All books by Rachel Gibson

Blog Archive